Hull city (H) on Tuesday 8th February - matchday thread

B4ev6is

4 hours ago, Jortat said:

I have tickets for myself and my son. I have got 2 days off work so I can travel up at lunchtime tomorrow and have a few beers before the match.

Im staying at the Chaddesen Travel lodge and traveling back to Suffolk the following day.

Massive match( as they all are )

COYR

Whatever you do, and wherever you go, makes sure you take laddo with you.  DO NOT LEAVE HIM ALONE AT THE LODGE.

We've a bad enough rep as it is!     ?

14 hours ago, IslandExile said:

If Bielik is fit enough, he has to play the 90 minutes.

I thought Beilik was miles away from playing a full 90 mins after watching the last game. Most pundits gave him 5/10 for his performance . We must not put too much pressure on him. Probably needs 5 more sub appearances. Another ACL and he will possibly never play for us again.

13 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

So if Buchanan is playing at CB is it likely to be in a back four with Fozzy or Festy at lb? Oooorrrrr, a back 3 with Cashin or Fozzy as the other cb, then use Byrne and Festy as wingbacks?

I'd imagine it will be Fozzy at LB to use that experience and give Allsop the outball when an easier pass isn't on. Festy is better on the right but can probably provide good cover down either flank if played further forward. My guess:

Allsop

Byrne Davies Buchanan Forsyth

Bird Thompson

Knight Lawrence Ebosele

Plange

CKR and Bielik to play some part in the second half. Maybe a Sibley cameo too.

16 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

So if Buchanan is playing at CB is it likely to be in a back four with Fozzy or Festy at lb? Oooorrrrr, a back 3 with Cashin or Fozzy as the other cb, then use Byrne and Festy as wingbacks?

Fozzy should get a great new role:

Club Embassador.

30 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

[Rooney:] "But I believe Lee has got everything to be a top centre back. He will play there again tomorrow [Tuesday] at centre back and it is a good opportunity for him to go and show his qualities."

I always preferred him as CB too when he played there in the u23s.

Little surprised Wayne has announced this today. Gives Hull 24 hours plus to do their homework on a player I’m sure they know bee little about 

5 hours ago, Jortat said:

I have tickets for myself and my son. I have got 2 days off work so I can travel up at lunchtime tomorrow and have a few beers before the match.

Im staying at the Chaddesen Travel lodge and traveling back to Suffolk the following day.

Massive match( as they all are )

COYR

Lock ya kid in ya hotel room and go out and get smashed.........oh no, it's Boro fans that do that

27 minutes ago, roboto said:

I'd imagine it will be Fozzy at LB to use that experience and give Allsop the outball when an easier pass isn't on. Festy is better on the right but can probably provide good cover down either flank if played further forward. My guess:

Allsop

Byrne Davies Buchanan Forsyth

Bird Thompson

Knight Lawrence Ebosele

Plange

CKR and Bielik to play some part in the second half. Maybe a Sibley cameo too.

Has CKR made a miraculous recovery from his injury? I heard he was going to be weeks out.....

I can't personally see it being 5 at the back. Davies, Buchanan, Forsyth, and Cashin being the CB options and the only one you'd want in the middle of a back 5 is Davies... then you're forced into a fielding a left footer on the right of those CBs.

I also can't see it being Forsyth at LB. Rooney has been a bit reluctant to use him since the turn of the year and with Hull having quick players Festy seems the obvious choice.

3 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Has CKR made a miraculous recovery from his injury? I heard he was going to be weeks out.....

Rooney's learned that one off Billy Davies. Remember when he told Peschisolido to fake an injury in training so everyone thought he'd be injured for a few weeks?

Just a couple of days later he just happened to be fit enough to play 60 minutes in the Playoff Final