A must win game huddersfield town

B4ev6is

I don't think we should be too disheartened if we don't take anything from this one.

Huddersfield are a good side playing at home and have got two days extra rest over us.

My voice hasn't recovered from Sunday, so won't be surprised if we look tired before they do tonight.

I feel even a draw would be a great result and then we have a bit of a break to rest and recover.

Just now, Skin em Ted said:

I don't think we should be too disheartened if we don't take anything from this one.

Huddersfield are a good side playing at home and have got two days extra rest over us.

My voice hasn't recovered from Sunday, so won't be surprised if we look tired before they do tonight.

I feel even a draw would be a great result and then we have a bit of a break to rest and recover.

I too think a draw would be a great result - it is all about momentum though at the moment, and a draw or defeat does represent a dissapointing return when including our previous 2 games. Anyway, I only posted to say I think you have a great username. 

A draw would be a great result after what must have been an emotionally and physically draining day on sunday. It's already shaping up to be a 4 team mini league down there as even Cardiff are starting to move away from us. Our only hope is really trying to keep reading in sight and hope they're terrible run continues and we can reel them in. Unfortunately, even with their terrible form they're averaging 1 point per game if you take out the point deduction they suffered. That means if that average continues we need 30 points from the final 18 games to overhaul them. I think on that basis every game is absolutely vital to try and do anything to gain as many points as we can. So B4's thread title is correct but if we get a draw from tonight I'll be very proud of the players. 

21 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

A draw would be a great result after what must have been an emotionally and physically draining day on sunday. It's already shaping up to be a 4 team mini league down there as even Cardiff are starting to move away from us. Our only hope is really trying to keep reading in sight and hope they're terrible run continues and we can reel them in. Unfortunately, even with their terrible form they're averaging 1 point per game if you take out the point deduction they suffered. That means if that average continues we need 30 points from the final 18 games to overhaul them. I think on that basis every game is absolutely vital to try and do anything to gain as many points as we can. So B4's thread title is correct but if we get a draw from tonight I'll be very proud of the players. 

It only looks as if Cardiff are pulling away from us because of one result  (against Forest). Over the last three games they have picked up 3 points whilst we’ve picked up 4. Over the last five they have picked up 4 points whilst we have picked up 8. Hull are the team that have pulled away.

I agree, a draw would be a good result though.

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

It only looks as if Cardiff are pulling away from us because of one result  (against Forest). Over the last three games they have picked up 3 points whilst we’ve picked up 4. Over the last five they have picked up 4 points whilst we have picked up 8. Hull are the team that have pulled away.

I agree, a draw would be a good result though.

They've got an 11 point advantage and have a game in hand on us. There are only 18 games to go so I'd put our chances at catching them as pretty slim. I think the problem with this gap is that a single good result for other teams and a bad one for us makes that gap feel a little insurmountable. Even if reading win tomorrow and we lose tonight that puts it back into double digits. 

2 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

They've got an 11 point advantage and have a game in hand on us. There are only 18 games to go so I'd put our chances at catching them as pretty slim. I think the problem with this gap is that a single good result for other teams and a bad one for us makes that gap feel a little insurmountable. Even if reading win tomorrow and we lose tonight that puts it back into double digits. 

Whilst a single game in hand don’t really count for much when you’re near the bottom (by definition, you’re not winning games otherwise the team wouldn’t be down there. It’s different if they had multiple games in hand and they may be in a false league position), I agree it would be quite an achievement (having said that, over the last seven games we’ve gained 10 points on them) and we might be down to a mini league of four. I was just trying to make the point that they’re not pulling away from us. In fact, we’re catching them, it’s just we’ll run out of games.

37 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

We do have to play them twice.

19 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Got a feeling some of our players are going to run out of steam, little opportunitiy for Wazza to rotate the squad and rest players. I hope I am wrong….

Don't think we'll be as vulnerable as you think in that regard as alot of our key players are young with very high stamina and fitness e.g Knight and Thompson and then our older players like Davies and Stearman don't run around much anyway due to their positions and play styles 

Think on balance that Kamil's been pretty good recently. He's looked a deal more like the player we see playing for Poland in any case. I do think he really struggles when the team is not playing well though and also when teams like Brum spend the whole game kicking seven shades of poo out of him. Krystian would of course look out for his mate in games and I think Kamil plays well with him in the side so if we could just get them fit, healthy and in form at the same time... ?

Edited by 86 Hair Islands

2 hours ago, i-Ram said:

I too think a draw would be a great result - it is all about momentum though at the moment, and a draw or defeat does represent a dissapointing return when including our previous 2 games. Anyway, I only posted to say I think you have a great username. 

This was a bit like a one night stand but having to buy all the drinks before it. 

30 minutes ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

This was a bit like a one night stand but having to buy all the drinks before it. 

I am disappointed you cannot see the difference between mild flirting, and a one night stand where you have plied the other party with drinks. You are Mason Greenwood and I claim my £5.

Would say all sort of have become must win. In Derby’s position, wins are needed. Wouldn’t take a draw now. Have to go for it. Our away record isn’t great unfortunately- just 2 wins. But every match we need to gamble a bit I think as we desperately need as many wins as possible. Don’t know the form in this one but I the time I went to this fixture a few seasons ago they scored late on to win so we need some sort of revenge ! 

1 hour ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

Don't think we'll be as vulnerable as you think in that regard as alot of our key players are young with very high stamina and fitness e.g Knight and Thompson and then our older players like Davies and Stearman don't run around much anyway due to their positions and play styles 

Think Knight has looked tired last few games ?

12 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Think Knight has looked tired last few games ?

I thought he wasn’t great first 60 against Birmingham ( there again most weren’t ) but once he switched to the right he was really effective and several times linked up really well with Bryne , hope he starts on the right today 

Edited by SandiacreRam
Word incorrect