Nottingham Forest Match-day Thread Saturday 22nd January 12.30

Anag Ram

10 minutes ago, Ruud Aralliss said:

Would you been ok if he had a darker skin tone or had an Asian look and posters called him names because of this?
I’m done 

Ruud.. you shouldn’t be “done” Engaging in reasoned discussion with reasonable people is a far more effective strategy when the desire is to defeat the more ugly elements. @i-Ram reached out, empathised but put some perspective in the discourse, could you maybe try and see that, instead of being “done” and putting up the shutters ? 

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

It's all a matter of degree. Picking on someone for their hair colour is not racism whatever you say about genetics.

Its just zenophobic. How in any logical world can it be ok to abuse someone for the colour of their hair but the skins off limits? 

With a thin squad, and lots of inexperienced players, we will have the odd game like today when we don't quite meet the standards we've set. 

Keeping those days few and far between will be key to any survival hopes.

I'd imagine Rooney and the players will be as relieved as us fans that this game is out the way, and the team's above us didn't capitalize on our defeat.

Sorry for going off topic.

Edited by Rev

Just now, The_Sheriff said:

So is a darker skin tone?

When you can tell me why discriminating hair colour is ok but skin is off limits i am all ears......

Big Ears?

If you wish to argue that 'modern' racism wasn't mostly directed at people with black skin go ahead.

Just watched the highlights, Toms miss looks worse than it did live. He should of just passed it to the right of Samba, shame after last week when he was so clinical. I think if he’d scored  we’d have won easy. 

20 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Do red-haired people identify as a race? It is a genetic trait like baldness or short-sightedness.

We do. And have a fortnightly meeting on a Tuesday evening on zoom to discuss our conquering of the world, largely through our planted spokespeople; Ed sheeran, Prince Harry and that one off Harry Potter. 

Edited by Red_ram

1 hour ago, Ken Tram said:

If it helps you to see it another way ...

Although you refer to genocide and slavery, I do not think that the reason for avoiding racism is as a way to say sorry for slavery. We avoid racism because it is wrong.

So, if you think it is wrong to label someone by their ethnic and facial features if their ancestors have suffered some horrific historical wrong, then it is also wrong to refer to anyone else's facial features.

At worst, you sound racist - at best, that you did not realise that ginger hair is linked to ethnicity - but I doubt that you intended to cause anyone any offence.

PS. Many of us might say, "Ginger" this or that when we're emotional. But if someone points out that it sounds racist, then it might be better to just apologise than double down with sarcasm.

Thanks for lecture on cod ethics. I'm eager to learn how I can be racist when Colbeck is white, English, and I have traces of the same red-haired gene. Well, actually, I'm not. 

3 minutes ago, Rev said:

With a thin squad, and lots of inexperienced players, we will have the odd game like today when we don't quite meet the standards we've set. 

Keeping those days few and far between will be key to any survival hopes.

I'd imagine Rooney and the players will be as relieved as us fans that this game is out the way, and the team's above us didn't capitalize on our defeat.

Sorry for going off topic.

I agree. We miss Jags and Shinnie and haven't been able to bring more experience in.

I do think that getting a goal back will have helped squad morale. Great penalty win by Tom, he was done by a hatchet job of a tackle.