A Message To Niall Horan - and others with followings

twelveincher

4 hours ago, Bubbles said:

Let’s hope something can be done

I think if Quantuma had thought we were at the stage that we needed a begging bowl then they would have been suggesting thsi themselves.

My guess is we are not at that stage yet, and won't be. But if it did I would back it obviously any money raised needs to be securely ring fenced and kept away from parasites in the North East and Buckinghamshire.  

11 hours ago, twelveincher said:

Have a good evening mate 

@twelveincherI applaud your suggestion and sorry you’ve received such derisory responses. Please forgive the “banter” from others - they can’t help themselves. In my book any Derby fan is a friend of mine. Niall Horan is a real Derby fan and it’s worth a go. I’ll try a messsage to him on Twitter to see if he can influence something. 

18 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

@twelveincherI applaud your suggestion and sorry you’ve received such derisory responses. Please forgive the “banter” from others - they can’t help themselves. In my book any Derby fan is a friend of mine. Niall Horan is a real Derby fan and it’s worth a go. I’ll try a messsage to him on Twitter to see if he can influence something. 

Whilst I don't want to shoot down any suggestions that could help the club, I have to be honest I wouldn't feel overly comfortable in laying this on his doorstep.

His fanbase will be largely teenage girls from around the world that adore him for his looks/music, not really have a clue about football, really wouldn't feel right asking him to push any kind of gofundme.

If Niall chose off his own back to say do a gig at Pride Park or something, all proceeds go to the club, great, however for me that has to come from himself, and I certainly wouldn't hold it against him or question his support if he chose not to.

30 minutes ago, David said:

Whilst I don't want to shoot down any suggestions that could help the club, I have to be honest I wouldn't feel overly comfortable in laying this on his doorstep.

His fanbase will be largely teenage girls from around the world that adore him for his looks/music, not really have a clue about football, really wouldn't feel right asking him to push any kind of gofundme.

If Niall chose off his own back to say do a gig at Pride Park or something, all proceeds go to the club, great, however for me that has to come from himself, and I certainly wouldn't hold it against him or question his support if he chose not to.

I wouldn't hold it against him either but surley it worth a try to see if he can help us to support our club.

That could be in the form of fund raising or just helping us raise awareness of the current situation the club are in hoping someone will step in to help.

5 minutes ago, Ram1988 said:

I wouldn't hold it against him either but surley it worth a try to see if he can help us to support our club.

That could be in the form of fund raising or just helping us raise awareness of the current situation the club are in hoping someone will step in to help.

If he want's to great, just feel we shouldn't put the onus on him.

The best person would be Robbie Savage, who to be honest I'm surprised at how quiet he has been on this, he has a microphone, a newspaper column, an audience.

I can only presume he's not fully aware of the situation.

9 minutes ago, David said:

If he want's to great, just feel we shouldn't put the onus on him.

The best person would be Robbie Savage, who to be honest I'm surprised at how quiet he has been on this, he has a microphone, a newspaper column, an audience.

I can only presume he's not fully aware of the situation.

I agree it isn't fair to put the onus on him. Naill Horan and Jack O'Connell were the ones who came to mind as famous fans who have a considerable following that was all.

You are right Robbie Savage could be someone who could help, considering his knowledge of what has happened to Macclesfield, being a former player and working for the BBC.

21 hours ago, David said:

It’s not like you to pour cold water on ideas @David ?