Amad Diallo - Joined Rangers on loan

DCFC1388

2 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

How would we even go about signing anyone in any way in our current mess? The EFL surely wont sanction it, unless United are willing to let him play for us whilst they cover 100% of the wages and without us having to pay a loan fee.

Loan now, pay later? I suppose it depends on how charitable United are feeling.

15 minutes ago, KBB said:

There is no rule in place that says a club must pay a loan fee and wages for loan players. Its a deal between the 2 clubs and doesn't involve anyone else. If Liverpool wanted to loan us salah for free and pay his whole wages then its their choice.

Look at the deal fulham got harry wilson for.

Look at the deal Reading got for the two Chelsea lads !

4 hours ago, KBB said:

There is no rule in place that says a club must pay a loan fee and wages for loan players. Its a deal between the 2 clubs and doesn't involve anyone else. If Liverpool wanted to loan us salah for free and pay his whole wages then its their choice.

We're getting Mo Salah!!!!

Cool.

On 10/01/2022 at 09:15, DCFC27 said:

Mad if true, and a real coup. I have a soft spot for United based purely on my admiration of Fergie. Whenever I’ve seen him play he looks like he’s has something about him. If we’re not paying a loan fee this would be really good business by Rooney 

You must be getting on a but if you can remember seeing Fergie play. Very astute of you though to believe he had something about him way back in the day. 

17 hours ago, KBB said:

At this point I think the blanket response to this sort of statement is:

“The EFL will retrospectively create any tule they want to duck us over.”

we site the rules, and the logic, or lack thereof, if the likes of Gibson trying to sue us, or our amortisation policies being approved one minute and not the next, but none of it seems to matter. The rules are rewritten on the fly, as the EFL sees fit, cos they don’t like a guy that used to be associated to out club. 

As big a club as Dortmund is, would he play there?

We can offer him first team football  plus he wouldnt need to relocate, he is probably only just getting fully settled over here after his move to United so another move to another country to maybe sit on the bench isnt that much a better proposition.

Not about money as he will get gull wage regardless.

55 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

As big a club as Dortmund is, would he play there?

We can offer him first team football  plus he wouldnt need to relocate, he is probably only just getting fully settled over here after his move to United so another move to another country to maybe sit on the bench isnt that much a better proposition.

Not about money as he will get gull wage regardless.

seagulls GIF

One of the fundamental issues that's been reported previously is that both MUFC and the player himself want to get first team experience with an English club so, despite the obvious attraction of the name, Dortmund doesn't fit that criteria. 

Also, if you're main aim is to develop the player to go into your own first XI, why would you send him to a European rival with a track record of signing teenage starlets from major clubs for relative peanuts? 

I think this would be a great signing, and I know I am being weird but I am a little bit concerned at how this looks.

Seems like our interest is concrete and ultimately we need to look after ourselves especially as we have put ourselves in a position where survival is a possibility even if a very distinct one. But I can’t help but think that given the goings on with Wycombe and Middlesbrough and the underhand approval they seem to be getting from the EFL, we may be best served, long term, by showing some humility and contrition and perhaps not signing a player who cost £20m or whatever it was a year ago, on a loan deal way below market value, purely based on our manager calling in favours from his old club.

He might contribute to keeping us in this division but I would imagine this would be looked on very dimly, even if technically we are not paying anything or only what we are allowed to.

I know that that is probably a strange position to take.

15 minutes ago, nottingram said:

I think this would be a great signing, and I know I am being weird but I am a little bit concerned at how this looks.

Seems like our interest is concrete and ultimately we need to look after ourselves especially as we have put ourselves in a position where survival is a possibility even if a very distinct one. But I can’t help but think that given the goings on with Wycombe and Middlesbrough and the underhand approval they seem to be getting from the EFL, we may be best served, long term, by showing some humility and contrition and perhaps not signing a player who cost £20m or whatever it was a year ago, on a loan deal way below market value, purely based on our manager calling in favours from his old club.

He might contribute to keeping us in this division but I would imagine this would be looked on very dimly, even if technically we are not paying anything or only what we are allowed to.

I'm willing to bet every club in the country is forked then. They either take players in on loan at next to no cost, or loan them out. How much do you think the likes of Burton pay towards wages when we used to loan players to them? Exactly the same happens everywhere.

3 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I'm willing to bet every club in the country is forked then. They either take players in on loan at next to no cost, or loan them out. How much do you think the likes of Burton pay towards wages when we used to loan players to them? Exactly the same happens everywhere.

I guess it would depend if we were loaning players to Burton while clubs of a similar stature to us were reportedly interested, presumably able and or willing to offer money for the privilege. 

I did say it was a weird position to take! Looking out for ourselves is almost certainly the right thing to do but it seems like to survive as a club, we might have to hope Middlesbrough and the EFL back off a little bit. Personally I don’t think this helps make that happen. Just I think there remains a perception that Derby have cheated / bent rules / been dodgy, whatever you want to call it, getting a £20m player for 6 months at no cost could exacerbate that

36 minutes ago, nottingram said:

I wouldn't worry.  If the going rate for Chris Wood is 20 million he's probably the next Anya.