Amad Diallo - Joined Rangers on loan

DCFC1388

2 hours ago, nottingram said:

I think this would be a great signing, and I know I am being weird but I am a little bit concerned at how this looks.

Seems like our interest is concrete and ultimately we need to look after ourselves especially as we have put ourselves in a position where survival is a possibility even if a very distinct one. But I can’t help but think that given the goings on with Wycombe and Middlesbrough and the underhand approval they seem to be getting from the EFL, we may be best served, long term, by showing some humility and contrition and perhaps not signing a player who cost £20m or whatever it was a year ago, on a loan deal way below market value, purely based on our manager calling in favours from his old club.

He might contribute to keeping us in this division but I would imagine this would be looked on very dimly, even if technically we are not paying anything or only what we are allowed to.

I know that that is probably a strange position to take.

Boro are reportedly now "only" paying 15% of Balogun's wages after having agreed to play him as a central striker, plus a £1M loan fee, so I wouldn't worry about what other clubs think tbh.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, CBRammette said:

Yes but do you think they were delaying in case he could come to us? Seems strange the fiasco meeting happens and he is instantly off elsewhere

I think he is 1 of the players Rooney still had lined up, like you say after the PB didnt get named I reckon we have let United know who have stopped waiting any longer