Build the Rooney statue now!

Day

An episode of premature ejaculation not seen since the days of Baywatch.

Even Wayne himself would feel embarrassed by such a thread.

We are on a fantastic run, winning games against the odds, and building momentum - all of which Rooney deserves credit for.

But we have 22 games to play and so much work left to be done.

If Rooney really wants to go down as a legend here, nights like tonight have to be the start, not the crowning moment.

58 minutes ago, David said:

Goodbye 2021, without a deduction this team made up of freebies and academy players would be 13th in the Championship, just 8pts off the top 6. 

Build the Rooney statue now. 

First job in management, everything he's had to deal with, incredible job he's doing. ???

9EF2E6E4-57DF-484A-9209-4DE70FD57F1F.gif

Check with Jourdan first and I still think there is a big task to close up on the 3 teams above us.

1 minute ago, Jourdan said:

We are on a fantastic run, winning games against the odds, and building momentum - all of which Rooney deserves credit for.

If Rooney really wants to go down as a legend here, nights like tonight have to be the start, not the crowning moment.

Jourdan are you finally ready to admit that as far as this season has gone - Rooney has done quite a good job? 

6 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

Always a But from the But man!

He deserves every plaudit he gets from Derby fans & the media. 6 months of the most ballsy leadership I've seen from any manager of a club at this level.

Really want some praise directed to Liam Rosenior also though. I think there's a very sharp managerial duo developing there out of the shambolic press conference last October after Cocu left. Very articulate guy & was an outstanding pundit on Sky before he took the plunge with us. Further ahead of Wayne in his coaching credentials I believe so he'll be leant on from a tactics perspective. Different character to Rooney but I think there's a real brains trust driving us to respectability on the field.

Edited by LeedsCityRam

4 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

Who's to say nights like tonight aren't the start, especially when they've preceded by two similar results?

You talk about premature ejaculation, yet hold yourself back from excitement like a forum version of Sting!

Sometimes a quick fumble is ok my friend.

If you constantly hold back the pleasure, you sometimes miss the moment.

7 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

You sound like someone that would refuse to join in with "Annnnd it's Derby County, Derby County FC, we're by far the greatest team, the world has ever seen" as it's factually incorrect.

Football is a release from the real world, enjoy a win, let yourself get carried away a little from time to time. If we can't enjoy the brief good times then what the hell are we all doing here?

1 minute ago, Andicis said:

Jourdan are you finally ready to admit that as far as this season has gone - Rooney has done quite a good job? 

I’ve always thought this league looked poor and we had a chance of staying up even with the points deductions.

So I think it’s too soon to say. We’ll only really know towards the end of the season and by seeing just how close to survival we get.

But absolutely Rooney deserves credit. I think even those who think he is not the best possible fit for us can acknowledge he is getting many things right.

He has produced a team with spirit and fight, he has put trust in youngsters, and he has got some excellent results against the odds, and indeed he has got the fans full of hope and belief.

I am not going to do a complete 360 on the basis of 2-3 results. But if we can take recent results and build on it and win the more favourable games, then I am sure it’s only a matter of time before Rooney wins those few questioning voices over.

1 minute ago, Jourdan said:

I’ve always thought this league looked poor and we had a chance of staying up even with the points deductions.

So I think it’s too soon to say. We’ll only really know towards the end of the season and by seeing just how close to survival we get.

But absolutely Rooney deserves credit. I think even those who think he is not the best possible fit for us can acknowledge he is getting many things right.

He has produced a team with spirit and fight, he has put trust in youngsters, and he has got some excellent results against the odds, and indeed he has got the fans full of hope and belief.

I am not going to do a complete 360 on the basis of 2-3 results. But if we can take recent results and build on it and win the more favourable games, then I am sure it’s only a matter of time before Rooney wins those few questioning voices over.

I wouldn't say it would be on the basis of 2-3 results, we've not lost many games at all this season. We've had quite a lot of draws, probably due to the lack of firepower we have upfront, but we've been competitive in almost all of our matches, some which we really have no business being competitive in.