Build the Rooney statue now!

Day

12 minutes ago, David said:

Goodbye 2021, without a deduction this team made up of freebies and academy players would be 13th in the Championship, just 8pts off the top 6. 

Build the Rooney statue now. 

First job in management, everything he's had to deal with, incredible job he's doing. ???

9EF2E6E4-57DF-484A-9209-4DE70FD57F1F.gif

Well said !!!! ???

Deserves so so much credit. How many of us in his position would have given up? Not openly maybe, but on some level. I still genuinely believe Rooney thinks we can survive, and I think so do the players. He doesn't have a team of stars to choose from, but he gets 100% out of every single player, and we couldn't ask for any more. 

I have to admit it as someone who was very suspicious of him he has handled himself with class and decorum (don't really know what that word means but it sounds apt.) under the most trying of circs. But best of all has got this ad hoc team playing the best (I think) they could using the correct approach to their games under the circs. and would love to see him perform with a budget fitting of a championship side. Unfortunately I fear he will be gone at the end of the season but I applaud him for commiting to us for the rest of the season when most would have walked.

7 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Deserves so so much credit. How many of us in his position would have given up? Not openly maybe, but on some level. I still genuinely believe Rooney thinks we can survive, and I think so do the players. He doesn't have a team of stars to choose from, but he gets 100% out of every single player, and we couldn't ask for any more. 

I was laughed at, and probably still would be for suggesting he's the Championship manager of the season but I stand by it. Nobody comes close.

Name me a manager that with his experience, at this level with the embargos, administration, unpaid wages, you name it, name me a manager that has been able to assemble a squad of freebies and academy players and put this much fight up in the face of a 21 point deduction. 

He's doing quite simply an incredible job and deserves every bit of credit that comes his way, throughout all this poo he's been the leader with unbelievable class that has allowed us all to be proud of this club. 

Not a manager in the world I would swap him for right now, remember the name, Wayne Rooney, this kid is going to the top.

2 minutes ago, David said:

I was laughed at, and probably still would be for suggesting he's the Championship manager of the season but I stand by it. Nobody comes close.

Name me a manager that with his experience, at this level with the embargos, administration, unpaid wages, you name it, name me a manager that has been able to assemble a squad of freebies and academy players and put this much fight up in the face of a 21 point deduction. 

He's doing quite simply an incredible job and deserves every bit of credit that comes his way, throughout all this poo he's been the leader with unbelievable class that has allowed us all to be proud of this club. 

Not a manager in the world I would swap him for right now, remember the name, Wayne Rooney, this kid is going to the top.

I'm happy to admit I had more than a few doubt at the end of last season, and thought he wouldn't be the right man to lead us into this season. 

You were pretty early on, if not always in full support and fully behind Rooney, and you were absolutely spot on. He has clearly built a brilliant siege mentality with all of his players and every single one of them has bought into it. I don't see how anyone could argue if he won manager of the season. For a new manager to deal with what he has dealt with, it's underheard of. And not just dealing with it, but doing a pretty good job with it. 

5 minutes ago, Andicis said:

I'm happy to admit I had more than a few doubt at the end of last season, and thought he wouldn't be the right man to lead us into this season. 

You were pretty early on, if not always in full support and fully behind Rooney, and you were absolutely spot on. He has clearly built a brilliant siege mentality with all of his players and every single one of them has bought into it. I don't see how anyone could argue if he won manager of the season. For a new manager to deal with what he has dealt with, it's underheard of. And not just dealing with it, but doing a pretty good job with it. 

Honestly it doesn't matter if you was behind him on day 1 or today, we're football fans, not one of us have a 100% untarnished record of opinions, none of that matters now.

What matters now is getting behind them all as the fans did tonight, some will argue it was only down the road but to pack that away end out on a Thursday night when we're up against it, to then not stop singing for the full 90 was again, incredible. A word I keep using through a lack of vocabulary.

25 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Not only rooney and the players, i think a lot of fans are starting to believe we can survive.