The Administration Thread

Boycie

1 minute ago, Big Trav said:

wow. Was told ashley was all but officially announced. With this new news i dont think anyone knows whats going on anymore. Think we all know who the real problem in this is...

It may be correct. Calling EFL's bluff to see if there is a leak?

41 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Or to increase MSD loan. Or sell some season tickets for next year?  

Wonder if Ashley has said: “I can’t pay this much for div 1 club so MM needs to pay off MSD”. And MM can’t bring himself to agree to that because we could yet stay up.

in which case it’ll drag on until the relegation outcome is clear 

1 hour ago, TuffLuff said:

To be honest…with all the EFL official statements made before, maybe another now clarifying the situation wouldn’t go amiss

Exactly, their silence thus proving that their previous statements were all about posturing and trying to take the moral high ground. They really are a transparent set of devious Bamfords. 

1 minute ago, kevinhectoring said:

Wonder if Ashley has said: “I can’t pay this much for div 1 club so MM needs to pay off MSD”. And MM can’t bring himself to agree to that because we could yet stay up.

If Mel still has a few hundred million left he should do everything possible to handover the club to a new owner, considering the complete Horlicks he has made. Maybe he is down to his last few quid ??

1 minute ago, kevinhectoring said:

The easiest answer would be to agree a payment increase to Morris if Derby do somehow win 6/7 games and stay up.  Cant see that being an issue surely.

22 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

wow. Was told ashley was all but officially announced. With this new news i dont think anyone knows whats going on anymore. Think we all know who the real problem in this is...

Sorry everyone. I'm missing the news - where has it been said that Ashley to be named as PB "collapsed"?????

14 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Guess: MA/Quantuma had things just about ready on friday believing the offer avoided -15 points next season.

EFL: our understanding of this offer is you'd get -15 next season.

Q/MA sent homeward, ti think again.

I'm pretty sure if MA wanted to pay just enough to avoid -15 then that would be worked out exactly

1 minute ago, CBRammette said:

I'm pretty sure if MA wanted to pay just enough to avoid -15 then that would be worked out exactly

It was a guess, but could've been some technicalities open to interpretation that threw the spanner in the works rather than the numbers.

And we know that the EFL have said they interpret thire own insolvency policy for each case....

2 minutes ago, Curtains said:

It is Percy's telegraph article - full thing behind paywall but that part says MA has been in talks "over a potential purchase of the Midlands club for months, but plans to announce him as the preferred bidder last Friday collapsed.

Ashley remains interested in completing a £50 million takeover and is ready to install former Newcastle managing director Lee Charnley in a key position if he takes control"

Think I'm ok to post extract? Posters reading of it depends on their own guesses. But for this to be in article so soon after Q spoke to EFL seems to confirm one thing at least

1 minute ago, CBRammette said:

It is Percy's telegraph article - full thing behind paywall but that part says MA has been in talks "over a potential purchase of the Midlands club for months, but plans to announce him as the preferred bidder last Friday collapsed.

Ashley remains interested in completing a £50 million takeover and is ready to install former Newcastle managing director Lee Charnley in a key position if he takes control"

Think I'm ok to post extract? Posters reading of it depends on their own guesses. But for this to be in article so soon after Q spoke to EFL seems to confirm one thing at least

Sorry Curtains quoting wrong person!!!

38 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

Why does it need to be bad - perhaps another bidder increased their bid? Anyway I read it as the plan to announce him as PB on Friday collapsed but doesnt necessarily read as him to be PB collapsed - just on Friday! Perhaps that Studio acquisition had to br completed Friday and that took up all his legal team's time. Or he pethaps said I would like to buy Derby but my son/daughter (sorry does he have one?) is a huge fan of Niall and Jack and it would make her year if she could meet them both. Hence Saturday. Perhaps his wife still wants to meet Wolfie Smith? As ever in this fiasco we just dont know. Could be anything

You been a Derby fan for long? We don’t get good news

53 minutes ago, LERam said:

Can someone explain why Q have even hosted those two in hospitality.

I've backed them all the way to do a job, but I don't see how them hosting celebs (or even attending themselves) helps them do their job??? Unless said celebs are involved and adding some value in any way?

Genuine question, why?

On the radio today, a caller phoned in with a proposal to end the Russia–Ukrainian war. Noting that Putin is a huge Beatles fan he suggested McCartney and Ringo do a free concert at the Kremlin if they agree to pull out. Maybe something similar is being planned to soften the deal with Ashley, meet Angelina and One Direction get back together for a one-off Pride Park concert.