The Administration Thread

Boycie

56 minutes ago, Brailsford Ram said:

In regard to Wycombe, since the onset of their whining I have regarded them to us as being akin to the symptoms experienced by a lady suffering from thrush.

Went on holiday once and met a chap that I nicknamed Thrushy because he was an irritating See you next Tuesday.

27 minutes ago, Curtains said:

As a point of clarification, and for the avoidance of doubt, the EFL had not declared the claims made by Middlesbrough and Wycombe as football debt, rather that under the terms of the EFL’s Insolvency Policy, the claims cannot be ignored. Put another way, the EFL cannot rule that they are not creditors as the claims may subsequently be upheld by independent process.

How the EFL's reply to you ties up with their statement of 4th Feb is beyond me:

Derby County considers those claims should not be treated as football related debts and that it would be wrong for the EFL to require the Club to have to continue to defend the claims as a condition of continuing membership in circumstances where they have been compromised by way of a restructuring plan. The EFL does not agree with that analysis.

7 minutes ago, rsmini said:

Talking of Doombar. Always another Cornish Ale in honour of todays agreement … Proper Job 

6ECA5AC7-79B2-4B4A-B77C-6B011F2B0DEF.jpeg

Holidayed in Saint Blazey Gate a few years back, We took in St Austell Brewery, Enjoyed the day and the Ale we were given, Had a few beers with the locals, Jesus H Christ I thought Norwich folk were bad, These would struggle opening a door if it were unlocked

57 minutes ago, jono said:

For me Gibson is like someone in a ranting / argument match on Facebook who just couldn’t let the conversation go. It happens ! 

The EFL have always been the enemy. Inept, careless , seemingly open to undue influence, inconsistent and inequitable. 

Yes Morris is (mostly) history. gibson history too. but the biggest enemy of all remains. The EFL. Keep fighting (no bovver tomorrow obviously). 

On this topic, what has happened to draft Guinness in this country? I used to love the stuff and it's been absolutely vile for about 2 or 3 years now.

Is it my taste changing or did they do something to it? Or a water supply thing?

17 minutes ago, Tombo said:

On this topic, what has happened to draft Guinness in this country? I used to love the stuff and it's been absolutely vile for about 2 or 3 years now.

Is it my taste changing or did they do something to it? Or a water supply thing?

A good friend of mine is a landlord, and he prides himself on his Guinness, along with the other multiple handpulls he offers.

We took him to the Cheltenham festival one year, and he couldn't believe the quality of the pour, even in a plastic glass, particularly how they got it so good, yet so quick. We ended up losing him for a few hours, while he worked his way through the supply chain and ended up with the head honcho there, who took him behind the scenes the next day!

Safe to say, he's never hit those heights, but he's not far off!

48 minutes ago, Tombo said:

The thread is in danger of flying off topic but duck it we're going for a record here so might as well wade into this.

I prefer a good ale, much more drinkable, much more flavour. In lots of micropubs and ale pubs a lot more unique. That said, if your response to a hot summers day barbecue is a room temperature bottle of ale over a crisp cold San Miguel you've gone wrong somewhere

I drank bitter and Guinness for 35 years. Then I had loads of lager left over from my 50th and my mums 80th joint birthday party 5 years ago. Decided to drink it all, got a taste for it and haven’t drunk anything else since ??