The Administration Thread

Boycie

3 minutes ago, Grumpy Git said:

I don't get the obvious conflict of interest with Gibson being on the board of the EFL.

It's an absolute shitshow and an unfortunate reflection of how corrupt things are generally in this country of late.

Cynical opportunism at its height. 

Just need Boris to take up the cudgels, look sorrowful into camera and come up with a 3 word slogan and you know you've reached the endgame...... ?

1 minute ago, TomTom92 said:

Am I right in thinking that if we go bust then neither will get a penny?

They might get something if the EFL accepts that they are Football Creditors (that's questionable, considering how both clubs have been murdering football for years ?) because the EFL can raise money by transferring the registrations of players under 24). But what is even more disgusting than them killing off DCFC in the process is that the other unsecured creditors (like SJA for example) will get nothing. 

The absolute scumbuckets. 

4 minutes ago, Crewton said:

They might get something if the EFL accepts that they are Football Creditors (that's questionable, considering how both clubs have been murdering football for years ?) because the EFL can raise money by transferring the registrations of players under 24). But what is even more disgusting than them killing off DCFC in the process is that the other unsecured creditors (like SJA for example) will get nothing. 

But neither are creditors. As has been said ad infinitum on here previously, they're nothing other than vexatious and opportunistic claims designed to make our TO as difficult as possible.

I hope they both burn in Hell.

Edited by Grumpy Git

3 minutes ago, Crewton said:

But the size of the cake stays the same. Anything they get is a loss to the other creditors which I feel they would fight. The debt to Arsenal for example, is water-tight, why should they lose out because of a claim for unproven damages with a fantasy amount of £45m based on a Paddy Power set of odds, particularly as the bigger the claim, the more you would get in pence in pound settlement...it is just plain ridiculous

The wider implications of Boro being paid a penny, are so wide, I just cannot believe that the EFL cannot see this, if I can.

23 minutes ago, Crewton said:

The procedures for settling disputes between clubs is CLEARLY set out in the EFL rule book - it's Arbitration via a League Arbitration Panel. Of course, that would take a few months to sort out and the outcome for the Claimants would be highly uncertain. Their tactics have been clear from the outset : to obstruct the takeover process and try to force the Administrators to settle with them without them having to prove their case, because they must surely know that if £51M was added to the unsecured creditors list, they get sweet FA. The EFL are bricking it because they know that they carry a share of any liability for the delay in applying sanctions and because of the flood gates that would open if these claims aren't binned.

Far from being lauded for sticking up for their clubs, Gibson and Couhig should be getting pelters from everyone in football for their cynical opportunism and where it could lead. 

And like others have said, the only way Boro and Wycombe can legally be considered creditors by the Administrators is if a recognised Court makes a judgement in their favour, or the Administrators or a prospective owner agrees that they are. 

To be fair I think Gibson is even getting pelters from some of Boro's own fans. He is an embarrassment to his club and to football.

Gibson is a spanner and an opportunist who is not as clever as he thinks he is.

There is no plausible claim against Derby that can win. Any claim, however spurious would need to be made against the EFL, who enforce their own rules. And, last time I checked, they had deducted points off us for breaching fair play rules.

As has been said previously, any such successful claim would cause us to go for QPR and no doubt other teams, to go after those who’d breached fair play whilst in the Championship.

The way forward with this is for Ashley or Appleby to ignore it and let Gibson decide if he really wants to take this to court.

40 minutes ago, Grumpy Git said:

I don't get the obvious conflict of interest with Gibson being on the board of the EFL.

It's an absolute shitshow and an unfortunate reflection of how corrupt things are generally in this country of late.

Pearce was on the board whilst we were being investigated.

It's a terrible governance structure.

3 hours ago, angieram said:

I agree with all of that except the last bit. I sincerely hope it WILL spill over when we play them. So long as we direct our ire at the right person, and not the Middlesbrough fans, who I feel must be almost as long-suffering as we are! 

Sorry I wasnt clear I meant I hoped it didnt splil over to nastiness between fans. (They would only use it against us as a club again.) Defo give the turd everything we have and more

16 minutes ago, Rammeister said:

Gibson is a spanner and an opportunist who is not as clever as he thinks he is.

There is no plausible claim against Derby that can win. Any claim, however spurious would need to be made against the EFL, who enforce their own rules. And, last time I checked, they had deducted points off us for breaching fair play rules.

As has been said previously, any such successful claim would cause us to go for QPR and no doubt other teams, to go after those who’d breached fair play whilst in the Championship.

The way forward with this is for Ashley or Appleby to ignore it and let Gibson decide if he really wants to take this to court.

If they succeed could we counter claim against the EFL due to their actions (esp re amortisation position to start with)  and dragging it out through the whole sorry mess? Can imagine Mr Ashley doing so - isnt he about to start legal case with Staveley? Also perhaps the Scottish brothers would have been good to have after all

Edited by CBRammette

13 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Pearce was on the board whilst we were being investigated.

It's a terrible governance structure.

Surely Pearce would have to have declared a conflict of interest and not been involved in our investigation. As would the Boro rep if this ever got that far. 

If so, the governance structure is sort of OK but, if not then it is seriously broken. 

11 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

So, if the EFL are forcing the administrators to settle the claims by Wycombe and Boro, we have three options.

1) pay them the full amount (precedent set and liquidation)

2) negotiate an amount they both accept

3) tell them we will see them in court, thus delaying any takeover and probably end up with liquidation due to funds running out.

So; the way I see it, the EFL are looking after their mate and a fellow board member, forcing us into a situation where we actually pay Gibbo and t'other one money for something that shouldn't even be a thing, to speed through a takeover.

The wonderful murky world of football below the Prem.

Edited by MackworthRamIsGod

2 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Surely Pearce would have to have declared a conflict of interest and not been involved in our investigation. As would the Boro rep if this ever got that far. 

If so, the governance structure is sort of OK but, if not then it is seriously broken. 

Yes. The difference is that this doesn’t need to go to an investigation to cause us damage. The very threat of it is interfering with our takeover, and risking our liquidation due to the uncertainty. 

2 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I'm sure that this happens in terms of meetings, but it doesn't stop the persons 'having the ear' and easy access to key individuals within the EFL structure. This didn't really do Derby any favours, though, so I am hoping it won't Middlesbrough. 

I bet the EFL are fed up to the back teeth with it all! 

5 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Pearce did. And I would suspect that whoever the Boro rep is will have to as well.

I don't think the EFL is fit for much but even they wouldn't be that bad

6 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

You're right, you would expect them to by required to declare it and withdraw from and influence on such matters.