The Administration Thread

Boycie

23 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Hey, Easy with your Commodore jibes Jim. Us half fans might buy shirts too. Now Sail On.

Yes but your shirt purchases were from Tesco after Police advice, been banned from multiple public venues for nudity I heard.

1 minute ago, Oldben said:

We don’t actually know, for certain, who is in pole position to be PB, if it is Mike Ashley then I can understand his frustration, do any of the bidders know where they are in the bidding race. 

Like much in this rolling saga, we are not in possession of enough of the pieces of the puzzle to work out the whole picture, but then again, I don’t think anyone is ?

1 hour ago, jimtastic56 said:

Not an option when 8,000 fans just disappeared last night in our time of need.They probably watched it on telly , but that doesn’t help DCFC. I think we have a lot of Commadore fans - Once , twice , three times a season.?. Mike Ashley will be looking and realise he is not going to sell 20,000 shirts to Rams fans.

Evening KO games are a complete non-starter for me as the time of the last train would mean leaving after 60 minutes and that ain't happening.

I'm not driving as its a 200 mile round-trip and I've driven enough miles in the last 40 years for work to never want to drive again. It's bleedin expensive too compared to the train, especially with a railcard and more importantly, I enjoy a pint or three before (and after) the match with the lads.

14 minutes ago, Bobby said:

When you are taken over if you sign your current squad on their current contracts won’t you end up in the same position again? 
Surely any new contracts will have to be given that are sustainable, the ones the likes that Lawrence are on you obviously couldn’t afford, what makes you think these players will take a pay cut?

Some of the high earners like Roos and Fozzy May go or take pay cuts. Even Lawrence May take a pay cut you never know. 

our player wage bill is already not much over £10m so well at the  bottom end of Championship . 

with full season ticket money for next year crowds at post Covid recovery in attendances , we should be profitable in the Championship . If we stay up which is a very big if. 

8 minutes ago, TheresOnlyWanChope said:

A lot of the big wage earners have gone in the last couple of years. Don’t think Derby will have a massive wage bill anymore. Most of the team are kids ! 

But aren’t you still losing 1 million a month, surely (and it’s not just Derby) out goings have to be less than incomings.?

This is where the whole “allowed to lose £39million over three years “ falls down, teams actually work to that, Why? Surely they should be working at at least breaking even. It only takes a minor blip to screw it up and put teams over.

wasn’t it Risdale who included qualifying for the champions league every year in Leeds Budget?

It has taken QPR 7 years to get anywhere near sustainability and we are still losing money each month, sooner or later players and more importantly agents are going to have to come to terms with receiving less money or half the league will end up in the position you are currently at.

7 minutes ago, Bobby said:

But aren’t you still losing 1 million a month, surely (and it’s not just Derby) out goings have to be less than incomings.?

This is where the whole “allowed to lose £39million over three years “ falls down, teams actually work to that, Why? Surely they should be working at at least breaking even. It only takes a minor blip to screw it up and put teams over.

wasn’t it Risdale who included qualifying for the champions league every year in Leeds Budget?

It has taken QPR 7 years to get anywhere near sustainability and we are still losing money each month, sooner or later players and more importantly agents are going to have to come to terms with receiving less money or half the league will end up in the position you are currently at.

Don’t know figures now but there is no owner putting money in! And tv money has been withheld. And debts are massive! A million a month was the deficit way back in 2017 because of crazy wages by Morris.

45 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

Technically ‘the devil you know is Appleby, who was the main man when we got the closest we ever got to the Prem.

We were so close we were actually in the PL when GSE consortium took over?

Edited by Monty
Added consortium

1 hour ago, jimtastic56 said:

Not an option when 8,000 fans just disappeared last night in our time of need.They probably watched it on telly , but that doesn’t help DCFC. I think we have a lot of Commadore fans - Once , twice , three times a season.?. Mike Ashley will be looking and realise he is not going to sell 20,000 shirts to Rams fans.

Let me give you an example of your so-called Commodore fan @jimtastic56.  My son went to the Birmingham game.  It was his sixth match this season. He lives in Brentwood, Essex, a round trip of roughly 400 miles.  He's 30 and a teacher in a primary school and he had an after school event that didn't finish until about 6pm and got home just before kick off - he starts work at about 8am after driving 30 miles round the M25 from his home to his school so he gets up at 6am every morning. He did watch it on TV.  The win really gave him a boost (as it did to us all). 

Oh, and he's a season ticket holder as well - £550 in the coffers even though he knows he can't get to the ground very often but he wants to sit with his dad without his dad having to move.  We've had the same seats since PP opened. And, Gibson willing, we'll have the same seats next year too. And he has a shirt - new one every year.

I dare say that on Sunday there were a fair few who bought tickets thinking that it might be the last time they'll ever watch the Rams but who have been fans all/most of their lives even if, like my son, they can't come every match.  A 22,000 gate of vociferous, supportive fans was great for a midweek game on TV, so let's not get sniffy at 8k plus who were at home, no doubt boosting a Sky audience making it more likely that Sky will cover us again and give us more money.

9 minutes ago, Bobby said:

The majority of clubs take in a huge amount of income at the start of the season (mostly from season tickets sales), and then lose money month-by-month over the rest of the season.  They basically build up a cash reserve and then run it down over a season.  Rinse and repeat next season.  If you pick a random month in the middle of the season, a lot of clubs will lose money that month, even if they break even or make a profit overall.

This season is also a very weird one to use as a baseline.  We basically didn't have that initial influx of cash this season, since our season ticket sales were down, and we had a *lot* of people carrying season tickets forwards from last season (so they effectively had a free one this season), or with significant discounts for missing matches during lockdown.  Next season, with a more normal set of season ticket sales, the overall picture will look a lot better.

12 minutes ago, Bobby said:

No I don't think Derby are losing 1m per month but absolutely 39m over three years is far too much and should come right down to something like 1m per year. The EFL and football in general is governed by the wrong people and it is up to us supporters to put pressure on the government to make change as they are not fit for purpose.

3 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

You still drunk? @DarkFruitsRam7 pm’d me this morning to say you were a lightweight. Watch him deny it.

I did wake up a little tipsy still. Matched him for drinks before and after, but I had one at half time plus a pint can in the car on the way home, not sure if he can beat that.

Still walked in the house unaided just gone 1am singing ALLEZ ALLEZ ALLEZ, which Leanne wasn't best pleased about. Think she would prefer it if I was a lightweight.

18 minutes ago, Bobby said:

We are “losing “ money because season ticket money is carried over from last year, because we are paying instalments on past transfers (Efl withholding sky tv money for that), and because of insolvency practitioner and legal fees. Next season will all be different. Of course we are still likely to be in league one but that’s a different matter. 

1 hour ago, i-Ram said:

But there is humour. Look at the laughter responses they are getting. It might not be your kind of humour, but it is humour nontheless. No binding contracts are being offered. No women are being actually hurt in the making of this humour.

Ah, the Jimmy Carr argument. It's funny to those not offended by it and sod those that are affected.

The targets of "humour" may not be physically harmed but the cumulative negative effects on society are great.

TBH I'm surprised at you @i-Ram.

Anyway, as you say, back to Administration - which is far from humorous to most of us.

47 minutes ago, Bobby said:

When you are taken over if you sign your current squad on their current contracts won’t you end up in the same position again? 
Surely any new contracts will have to be given that are sustainable, the ones the likes that Lawrence are on you obviously couldn’t afford, what makes you think these players will take a pay cut?

Most of them wouldn’t be taking a pay cut because they are not on much at all by the standards of the championship - Lawrence is out of contract anyway but he would need to lose a third to half his salary but that’s about it but he might even consider doing that if he doesn’t so what. maybe the likes of Forsyth are on about £10,000 a week but I think he would stay for less than that with all his history with Derby. The likes of Davies and Jagielka were playing on no more then £4,500 per week anyway whilst it’s the youngsters who deserve to be on longer contracts with a better reward but most of them are on comparative tiny amounts. We removed the major high cost players a few years ago.