23 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Mike Ashley he's kind of a knob,

But he saved us, so bloody good job,

This year, he saved us from tears,

With trainers at 70 percent off,

? Miiiiiichael Ashley

Probably worth about 2 billion

His giant mugs are ducking brilliant

But his working conditions are somewhat questionable and leave a lot to be desired actually ?

22 minutes ago, Oldben said:

On ashley bid: To summarise the figures, from 2010-2020 Newcastle ranked lowest on capital expenditure in the league – that’s investment into the training ground, stadium, and whatnot – spending a measly £7million. For context, Brighton spent £175million in that period despite being in the Premier League for three of those seasons compared to Newcastle’s nine.

So is he the fit and proper person to be buying Derby?, if the rumours true.

yep

26 minutes ago, Oldben said:

On ashley bid: To summarise the figures, from 2010-2020 Newcastle ranked lowest on capital expenditure in the league – that’s investment into the training ground, stadium, and whatnot – spending a measly £7million. For context, Brighton spent £175million in that period despite being in the Premier League for three of those seasons compared to Newcastle’s nine.

So is he the fit and proper person to be buying Derby?, if the rumours true.

You use Brighton as context ? They did build a new stadium during that period, after playing on an athletics pitch for many a season

For some actual context, please can I have the figures for Everton, Crystal Palace and  Burnley.

My main concern with Ashley is his lack of interest in the academy at Newcastle like others have pointed out. However, 2 points on this - 

1. Is an academy as important to a pretty well established club in the Prem as it is to a Champ or League 1 club. I mean financially, not in terms of what the fans want.

2. Did Newcastle have an academy as good as ours when he took over? So was it really good & he left it to die a slow death or was it not producing much so he chose to save money to potentially use elsewhere.

12 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Personally, I think we should see how this one develops, relax over the weekend.  Let our friends over on OTIB do all our worrying for us 

image.png.45c50f7f96eb17bb21ffb0efdafbad41.png

Had a quick look -  deny golden shares, if he rents the ground must pay more than 1.1million,  could HMRC insist on more payment so we lose our place in the EFL.  3 pages that's 70% panic that we might stay solvent since yesterday.  Sad ducks ?

Mr Cocks - sorry pops- opinion

Surely football creditors are not up for discussion? Paid in full or if needs be central awards diverted to pay these. Unsure if failure to meet these obligations can impact upon the Golden Share.

Rent on Pride Park, I know a £1.1m annual  rent was 'agreed' but surely it should for FFP if nothing else reflect market value? £3.5-4m per season feels fair.

Lastly turning down bids for players- one wonders how well that represents the creditors interests here.

PS. Hopefully the Middlesbrough and Wycombe claims will get a fair hearing through the EFL processes.

2 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

My main concern with Ashley is his lack of interest in the academy at Newcastle like others have pointed out. However, 2 points on this - 

1. Is an academy as important to a pretty well established club in the Prem as it is to a Champ or League 1 club. I mean financially, not in terms of what the fans want.

2. Did Newcastle have an academy as good as ours when he took over? So was it really good & he left it to die a slow death or was it not producing much so he chose to save money to potentially use elsewhere.

I think currently we need to be worried about going out of business than worrying about an academy that would be irrelevant if we don’t get past the next stage  

2 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Had a quick look -  deny golden shares, if he rents the ground must pay more than 1.1million,  could HMRC insist on more payment so we lose our place in the EFL.  3 pages that's 70% panic that we might stay solvent since yesterday.  Sad ducks ?

Surely football creditors are not up for discussion? Paid in full or if needs be central awards diverted to pay these. Unsure if failure to meet these obligations can impact upon the Golden Share.

Rent on Pride Park, I know a £1.1m annual  rent was 'agreed' but surely it should for FFP if nothing else reflect market value? £3.5-4m per season feels fair.

Lastly turning down bids for players- one wonders how well that represents the creditors interests here.

PS. Hopefully the Middlesbrough and Wycombe claims will get a fair hearing through the EFL processes.

Ha ha ha! They are desperate for us to go down in flames. Pathetic. 

3 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Does he know that notts forest have a 100 year lease on the city ground from notts council at the princely sum of £1 a year ( I assume that’s still the case) 

So in a matter of a couple of weeks, the consensus on here has been;

1) CK was a fantastic moneybags option who could take us to the top. 
2) CK was a clueless **** who wasn’t interested anyway.

3) Appleby and co were a far better option because they had the no how.

4) Appleby and co, who?

5) Mike Ashley is wonderful and has the money we need and the no how (even though he only seems to have said he might be interested)

What a fickle bunch are we!

1 minute ago, Indy said:

Ha ha ha! They are desperate for us to go down in flames. Pathetic. 

He is and his reasoning is well out of kilter with reality - not all Bristol city followers share his views. - they should be more concerned with their own finances 

Just now, Gritstone Tup said:

So in a matter of a couple of weeks, the consensus on here has been;

1) CK was a fantastic moneybags option who could take us to the top. 
2) CK was a clueless **** who wasn’t interested anyway.

3) Appleby and co were a far better option because they had the no how.

4) Appleby and co, who?

5) Mike Ashley is wonderful and has the money we need and the no how (even though he only seems to have said he might be interested)

What a fickle bunch are we!

When the merry go round finishes we will be grateful for whoever we get 

5 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Anyone buying a company will reviev what major assets that the company as, and our academy is far superior to many in the premier league, Man Utd squad of 92 an abundance of talent, what have their academy really done since, Premier is all about buying academy players from overseas, so Ashley at Newcastle did no different from any other club in the Premier. sure Wayne will be selling the benifits of the academy to the new owner.

Cocu shows the value of an academy. 5 years at PSV and in that time they made an 100 million on sales of their academy players, and they also won the Dutch title 3 times, sure Ashley would be into this as an asset.

10 minutes ago, SirBrian said:

Anyone buying a company will reviev what major assets that the company as, and our academy is far superior to many in the premier league, Man Utd squad of 92 an abundance of talent, what have their academy really done since, Premier is all about buying academy players from overseas, so Ashley at Newcastle did no different from any other club in the Premier. sure Wayne will be selling the benifits of the academy to the new owner.

Cocu shows the value of an academy. 5 years at PSV and in that time they made an 100 million on sales of their academy players, and they also won the Dutch title 3 times, sure Ashley would be into this as an asset.

Cocu ?

36 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

To be honest to this point has the academy really been a financial boon to the club?

We've sold Hendrick and Hughes for fairly significant fees, but have we even made back our £6 mill cost per year for however many years.

I know we've got quite a few talented youngsters in the squad and youth teams now and their value may be the quality they bring to the team, but i think it would be struggle to prove the value of the academy in purely monetary terms.

The best players our academy produces just seem to be taken for buttons by big premier league teams anyway. 

9 minutes ago, GenBr said:

To be honest to this point has the academy really been a financial boon to the club?

We've sold Hendrick and Hughes for fairly significant fees, but have we even made back our £6 mill cost per year for however many years.

I know we've got quite a few talented youngsters in the squad and youth teams now and their value may be the quality they bring to the team, but i think it would be struggle to prove the value of the academy in purely monetary terms.

The best players our academy produces just seem to be taken for buttons by big premier league teams anyway. 

One sale of say a Jason Knight covers the annual costs. We have 4 or 5 Knights now. Now my maths ain’t great but………..

Just now, Jimbo Ram said:

One sale of say a Jason Knight covers the annual costs. We have 4 or 5 Knights now. Now my maths ain’t great but………..

Yes but thats all supposition. You don't know how much Knight would sell for or any of our other youth players.

Traditionally we've been pretty abysmal at getting any value for our young stars.

22 minutes ago, GenBr said:

A well ran academy in the Premier League is worth 10 times more than one in the Championship.