The Administration Thread

Boycie

It’s all feeling pretty helpless. The clock is ticking. I’ve seen the calls for marching to the EFL HQ in Preston which I have some time for. However, I think it needs to be direct pressure on the Government now. The fan led review in November called for an independent regulator for football and the Government have sat on their hands. EFL are corrupt. ‘Team Derby’ MPs are paying lip service and have had no impact so far. Sports Minister is silent.

Time for us all to march on Parliament.

We could broaden the march into wider anger about football governance if needs be. Get more clubs involved. Despite the idiots who want us to die, I reckon we’d get a great turnout. Options running out 

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/17560348/mike-ashley-Derby-county-bid/

Oh rooster.

”The former Newcastle owner is fuming about the way the Rams’ administrators rejected his offer to buy the club and even subsidise it this season.”

If true this shows that quantuma are money grabbing bar stewards 

Edited by Bubbles

39 minutes ago, Allestree Ram said:

It’s all feeling pretty helpless. The clock is ticking. I’ve seen the calls for marching to the EFL HQ in Preston which I have some time for. However, I think it needs to be direct pressure on the Government now. The fan led review in November called for an independent regulator for football and the Government have sat on their hands. EFL are corrupt. ‘Team Derby’ MPs are paying lip service and have had no impact so far. Sports Minister is silent.

Time for us all to march on Parliament.

We could broaden the march into wider anger about football governance if needs be. Get more clubs involved. Despite the idiots who want us to die, I reckon we’d get a great turnout. Options running out 

I'm up for a March on parliament !

Weird, coming from Nixon, who said that MA was nowhere near it a few days ago.

I know 2 days is a long time in football… but still.

So, Binnies, or Appleby then. I know we aren’t in the position to be choosy, but I prefer Appleby to MA…

Edited by Animal is a Ram

13 hours ago, Brailsford Ram said:

I think Mel's offer is masterful. Mel's side will have to negotiate with the High Court to ensure that his offer to transfer liability for the claim from DCFC to himself can be sustained. But if the court approves Mel's offer then the matter is removed completely from the remit of DCFC and the EFL and will simply become MFC v Morris in the High Court. Timescales for settlement there will not affect our club or the administration process. The two parties legal teams can take as long as they want to settle.

The problem is that nowhere in Mel's statement does he actually "offer to transfer liability for the claim from DCFC to himself". What he actually says is "I invite Boro, and in due course Wycombe if they so wish, to take their claims to the High Court against me personally" but it is highly doubtful that this is even legally possible due to limited liability. Boro's claim is against DCFC. How can they pursue a case against Mel Morris instead? It would break the fundamental principle of company law wouldn't it?

13 minutes ago, Bubbles said:

Oh rooster.

”The former Newcastle owner is fuming about the way the Rams’ administrators rejected his offer to buy the club and even subsidise it this season.”

I don't understand why they don't get on with it and name him as the preferencial bidder if he is still interested. He will pass the EFL fit for purpose test, knows how to run a football club and has the finances to ge out of this mess.

6 minutes ago, Bubbles said:

Oh rooster.

Not really. They're tasked with getting the maximum money they can. That's their job.

Anyhows why do we have administrators in the club in the first place. 

1 minute ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Weird, coming from Nixon, who said that MA was nowhere near it a few days ago.

Judging a lot of his posts over the last 24 hours I suspect he’s back to this being guesswork once again 

Not meaning it as a dig, as I do think he knows more than most, but when the goal posts move to where they no longer fit your narrative then you are back to square one essentially 

6 minutes ago, Bubbles said:

Oh rooster.

Why would they accept £25m when the Binnies have reportedly already bid £28m?

10 minutes ago, Bubbles said:

Oh rooster.

No it doesn’t. It means it isn’t the best offer available to the Creditors.

3 minutes ago, Bubbles said:

So then there was two if Ashley really is out. How can anyone really be sure that we really have seen the last of him?

His previous track record in buying failed enterprises has always carried the hallmark of just outbidding competitors at the very end.

I can't get it out of my mind that he's a buzzard and he's still hovering above Pride Park.

8 minutes ago, Red Ram said:

The problem is that nowhere in Mel's statement does he actually "offer to transfer liability for the claim from DCFC to himself". What he actually says is "I invite Boro, and in due course Wycombe if they so wish, to take their claims to the High Court against me personally" but it is highly doubtful that this is even legally possible due to limited liability. Boro's claim is against DCFC. How can they pursue a case against Mel Morris instead? It would break the fundamental principle of company law wouldn't it?

See my previous posts on this subject earlier today. I have explained it as fully as I can.

so Ashley Bid is well below the expected figure, less than the Binnies and a bid which would have resulted in us starting next season with -15 points. 

He’s now reportedly “fuming” when the admins tell him to **** off and put a serious bid in. 

Beggars belief 

Edited by Derbados

1 hour ago, davenportram said:

There’s no legal age to be left on your own either - just when parents thinks the kids are capable of looking after themselves.

It depends entirely on whether or not the child is being left 'at risk'. That is entirely subjective, of course, if nothing untoward actually happens.

We do have 3 parties all frustraited and at least 2 of them (cK and Ashley) we strongly suspect it's because they offered a low ball price and at a best guess all the bids are based on different conditions (not yet met) and all are reluctant to commit to liabilities arising from Boro/WW. Quantuma may or may not be on top of things, again, my guess is theyre a mixed bag on what they do and dont have reasonably solidly agreed.

I do think games are being played by several of the parties, if not all of them.

I do worry we end up in the worst case out of idiocy and accident rather than intent.

I'm going to give it up for the night for the sake of my sanity.

I'm doing a 10k run around glasgow green tomorrow morning, so wish me luck (1.05 would be good for me), but it looks like it's going to be cold and hammering down.