The Administration Thread

Boycie

3 hours ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

So it’s another transfer window where we have had any chance of incomings blocked. There’s a surprise ???

We still can’t re-register or extend contracts leaving us exposed.

As this passes into next month I am hoping this now mean we don’t have to sell anyone else until the next window ??‍♂️??

With a lot of players out of contract at the end of the season we won't have many to sell.

14 minutes ago, Stive Pesley said:

Regulars in the old politics thread will know that I am no defender of the Tories, but I'd question your accuracy here.

In the Register of Interests there is only one sum of money (10k - 2017) donated to the Tories by Mel Morris, and that was directly to the Party (and curiously the week before he received his CBE). Fairly tenuous to suggest this has anything to do with the current situation

If you're referring to Wembley tickets - they are registered as being donated by the Premier League

£10k for a CBE. That must have been his best value deal between 2015-2021. 

2 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Yes a reasonable summary from Nixon and a good precis from you. ?

But the Binnies theoretically want to deal with the MFC/WW claims after their takeover?

Can the EFL say no to that - can they prevent it is that whats going on - they've said earlier these claims "must be dealt with" when the admins wanted to legally set them aside from the admin process?

21 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

£10k for a CBE. That must have been his best value deal between 2015-2021. 

We could write to the honours office and ask for it to be revoked. Did that for an MBE for a trustee of the charity im involved with. and they took it back!

mind he was busted for fraud and doing a 5 year stretch.....

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/man-city-Derby-county-takeover-6558607 

Gary Cook: "If that football club can't find a solution, it will be because nobody's willing to give in on what they believe and the strength of what they believe."

Looking at you Gibson & Mel lookingAtYou.gif.4a103bffcafc53b33f85090e19fc88c7.gif

42 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

All in for a conspiracy but I’m pretty sure Patrick McLoughlin wouldn’t have been Mel’s MP

38 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

And not even sure McLaughlin was ever Morris MP. Did Morris live in Belper? McLaughlin was MP for Derbyshire Dale’s.

I did wonder that too - I thought Morris lived out near Etwall, but I can't find any mention of his home address online funnily enough 

I certainly didn't think he lived in the Derbyshire Dales

43 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

All in for a conspiracy but I’m pretty sure Patrick McLoughlin wouldn’t have been Mel’s MP

He was MP for Derbyshire Dales, the constituency in which Mel lives.

2 hours ago, TuffLuff said:

It feels like we are where we were weeks ago.

EFL need to be more pragmatic in finding a resolution with Boro and Wycombe. Stop scapegoating Derby and get them off their high horse.

Administrators need to sort Mel out on the stadium. 

Get actual figures in place of what money is owed where so bidders know what they are buying, it’s the same thing all along

It’s sh** or get off the toilet time!

One thing the administrators would have done foremost is getting actual figures in place of what money is owed and to who.

I have no idea what’s going on anymore. I was starting to be a bit more positive last night listening to Radio Derby for 2 hours. 
Then whoever is feeding journalists has completely thrown everything up in the air again. 

Getting to the point where I want to put my fingers in my ears and chant ‘La la la’ so it blanks everything out. 

14 minutes ago, Brailsford Ram said:

He was MP for Derbyshire Dales, the constituency in which Mel lives.

Ah didn’t realise the constituency spread as far as that. Had it in my head that it only went as far as matlock bath and then quite a bit further north. Did some work nearby, so I know what area it’s in but didn’t realise it’s still Derbyshire Dales. Stand corrected!

Edited by TuffLuff

13 minutes ago, Stive Pesley said:

I did wonder that too - I thought Morris lived out near Etwall, but I can't find any mention of his home address online funnily enough 

I certainly didn't think he lived in the Derbyshire Dales

He has a farm in Marehay, overlooked by the golf course nearby..... 

1 minute ago, Leeds Ram said:

Because maybe this meeting shouldn't be 'confidential' given its importance on the future of the club. All stakeholders should be represented and that includes the fans. 

Depending on how the meeting is framed, e.g. "discussion and understanding, seeking solutions in principle" with a representative from ramstrust or bawt might be accepted (provided suitable assurances about discretion).

Anything that's "creditors, regulator, legal claim and getting down to making numbers work" is probably only going to involve "the suits"