The Administration Thread

Boycie

13 minutes ago, Ramos said:

I’m not sure I’d trust Gibson to find a sane QC after the valuer he found comparing pride park to Morecambe's ground and based on the apprentice he used to write his copy. 

The EFL hired the Morecombe guy (coming to a max value of £50m).
Gibson was even worse, stating it was only worth £22m!!!

9 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

He elaborated that he knows two of the bidders and knows they’ve spoken to Gibson - that was the basis of his big news that something will be sorted out. 

He also 'knew' Alonso had significant personal wealth and was a 'serious man'. The man knows duck all if you ask me. He's made a career off the back of running Palace into administration and pretends he knows everything about football governance and everyone in football. He's been wrong too many times for anyone to really think he's privy to these confidential conversations in my book. 

Edited by Leeds Ram

5 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

He also 'knew' Alonso had significant personal wealth and was a 'serious man'. The man knows duck all if you ask me. He's made a career off the back of running Palace into administration and pretends he knows everything about football governance and everyone in football. He's been wrong too many times for anyone to really think he's privy to these confidential conversations in my book. 

This.

Used to like him. Now I think he’s a Bamford.

11 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

The EFL hired the Morecombe guy (coming to a max value of £50m).
Gibson was even worse, stating it was only worth £22m!!!

Ah got them confused then - Surely Gibson was then admitting boros stadium is worth even less?! As Peter gadsby said in ‘pride’ Gibson actually supported the pride park build and told us what we could do to make it better than the riverside design. 

1 minute ago, Ramos said:

Ah got them confused then - Surely Gibson was then admitting boros stadium is worth even less?! As Peter gadsby said in ‘pride’ Gibson actually supported the pride park build and told us what we could do to make it better than the riverside design. 

Err don't build it in Morecambe, that'll help it's property valuation.

15 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

In fairness he said Mel Morris told him that which I can believe 

1 minute ago, Ramos said:

I think I recall a recent article showing Boro recently revalued their stadium and training ground at about £86m...

4 minutes ago, Ramos said:

At the time, 'Boro's stadium was valued at just under £50m:

image.png.f4c4adcef9034524b29c9ed6ca386254.png

For comparison, the EFL's written report had our replacement cost at £100m-£117m (that's the £86m in 'Boro's accounts), and used a lower amount of depreciation of 30%, compared to ~42% for 'Boro, to get to an overall value of somewhere between £77m-£89m.  So £22m was clearly nonsense.  At least part of the discrepancy is explained by ours being a newer and slightly better stadium.

I should note that the 'Boro values probably include their training ground, and maybe even other its, but those are probably relatively small compared to the stadium values.

43 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I can't believe that if Q are saying "The administrators have received 3 QC opinions to the effect that the claims are unlikely to ever succeed in a court of law. ", that any potential bidder would offer to pay off Boro?

They won't be judged in a court of law. Boro and Wycombe wouldn't risk that. It would be heard by the LAP.

23 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

Someone ring up and ask him for advice in getting a football club out of administration?!

Just now, CBRammette said:

The thing I am most outraged about from yesterday (and there are many) is the confirmation that EFL are demanding proof of funds but withholding TV revenues from us? How does that equate with helping us? 

Indeed and if we can’t pay the wages at the end of the month we get docked points.

Just now, CBRammette said:

The thing I am most outraged about from yesterday (and there are many) is the confirmation that EFL are demanding proof of funds but withholding TV revenues from us? How does that equate with helping us? 

It doesn't help us and it annoyed me too. But sounbds like it is being witheld until we pay a transfer installment (Jozwiak?) which we're looking to sort shortly so in that case we should get that tv money in