The Administration Thread

Boycie

1 hour ago, Turk Thrust said:

It’s no good pointing all this out to our Kev. He just doesn’t seem to grasp the basics of data protection law, or NDAs. Several posters have told him but he just keeps banging on about it. I give up. ?

The impact of the condition is quite clear. It requires q to modify their NDAs.  It’s a very radical condition for the EFL to impose because - as you point out - there is a danger a bidder might refuse to proceed on that basis. (But why would they?) 

EFl have seen q at close range and the EFl view clearly is that our salvation is more likely if EFL are involved  ( Ie their view is that q is incompetent)   I don’t need to explain why q might find the condition unacceptable 

And before you respond telling me I’m a Buffoon, just think about it please, a bit more deeply than you have to date  

bwt I fully respect the view that q is doing the right thing by ignoring EFL. But the proof of that will be in the pudding 

2 minutes ago, StarterForTen said:

No, no, no - that's not how it's done. Please send those funds to the USA and then back to a European Clearing Bank, then on to lawyer's client account, then they'll be ready.

Have these people never seen Ozarks?

Bloody basics!

You forget to add that they need to ensure there are two UK Bank Holidays, have it sent to Spain where everyday is a bank holiday etc etc.

2 minutes ago, alram said:

ashley has always been my first choice and even more so in recent weeks.

he is exactly wqhat we need from an owner.

come on Q get your finger out your bum.

I think with sueing Q I dont think he will get it.

At least appley done once before under nigel clough got debt down next to nrothing.

Just now, Elwood P Dowd said:

I am sure Q will want see the back of this Administration,  they can take their money and scuttle off into the sunset.

Hope so 

23 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

"Ashley's group are set to inform Derby's administrators, Quantuma, that they are ready to proceed with a deal to rival former chairman Andrew Appleby and save the club from liquidation.

Telegraph Sport has seen correspondence that shows Ashley's lawyers, RPC, are holding £50m in preparation to complete a takeover of the stricken League One club.

The deal is understood to include the club and its assets, plus the stadium which is still owned by former chairman Mel Morris.

Ashley's proposal will not include any charges for the rent of Pride Park, or take any money out of the club, including charges of interest, for the next 10 years.

Ashley is said to be "incredibly serious" about his takeover bid yet fears time is running out to thrash out an agreement with Quantuma, who have been in situ since September, and "just wants a deal to be done"."

Or as well

"Short-term funding from a local businessman is understood to be close, to support the club for the next month, but Ashley and Appleby are now raising the stakes in their bids to secure a takeover."

so....he hasn't made a bid yet

3 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

The impact of the condition is quite clear. It requires q to modify their NDAs.  It’s a very radical condition for the EFL to impose because - as you point out - there is a danger a bidder might refuse to proceed on that basis. (But why would they?) 

EFl have seen q at close range and the EFl view clearly is that our salvation is more likely if EFL are involved  ( Ie their view is that q is incompetent)   I don’t need to explain why q might find the condition unacceptable 

And before you respond telling me I’m a Buffoon, just think about it please, a bit more deeply than you have to date  

bwt I fully respect the view that q is doing the right thing by ignoring EFL. But the proof of that will be in the pudding 

You have a very skewed view of things kevin. For a start it isnt just NDAs.. EFL cannot expect to see all correspondnce that Q has with external parties without the other party agreeing to it. And any change to NDAs need both parties to agree that change.

Q has daily contact with Trevor Birch. And judging by Alan Nixons tweets, Trevor Birch has daily contact with Alan Nixon. If I was bidding for Derby I wouldn't want such a leaky sieve having anything to do with me unless the deal is ready to be rubber stamped by EFL.        

54 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

How is not the same team change names that is all the difference is.

no, not at all. AS far as I know, Wimbledon didn't go into administration, didn't write off debt, didn't owe anyone money, wasn't on the verge of going out of business. Quite simply, Winkleman realised there were too many clubs in London and the fan catchment area put a ceiling on their potential attendances, so found a new town (soon to be a City) without a football club and decided to move the club. There was talk of moving them to Dublin at one stage.

The sitiuation couldn't be more unrelated to Derby's situation!

23 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Well that’s us ducked then 

I don't think many of us have faith in Quantuma at all to do the obvious and liaise with both Appleby and Ashley to try and get their interest over the line.

2 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

no, not at all. AS far as I know, Wimbledon didn't go into administration, didn't write off debt, didn't owe anyone money, wasn't on the verge of going out of business. Quite simply, Winkleman realised there were too many clubs in London and the fan catchment area put a ceiling on their potential attendances, so found a new town (soon to be a City) without a football club and decided to move the club. There was talk of moving them to Dublin at one stage.

I wonder if he regrets that now considering how well Palace have done. 

The pull of London too will always give those clubs an advantage in the market.

3 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Yeah but….