The Administration Thread

Boycie

6 minutes ago, Barrytheanon said:

I can confirm that they have sent a written letter/ statement to say they Will be expelled from the league if it isn’t sorted by feb 1, this isn’t just a threat but they also want us to get this takeover sorted so it’s a way of pushing for these prospective owners/vultures to put there money where there mouth is, yesterday was terrible news for everyone but it’s time for these businessmen to step up, if Boro and Wycombe have no case then they have nothing to worry about do they?

But is preventing the takeover so however ludicrous is a MASSIVE problem….what is your solution if the Gibbon doesn’t stand down ??

35 minutes ago, David said:

You would, however once this is all over, new rules will be made where this action cannot be taken against other clubs or you risk losing your membership to the league.

Not even satire at this point, it will happen as soon as this has been resolved.

Obviously not sure how this will end up, but hopefully with the Government installing an independent regulator of Football, and the English Football League in general, and of course our Club surviving.

I have been more sympathetic than most to the EFL as to how they have behaved throughout this sorry story, as they have been more than less implementing the rules of the member clubs. Let’s, none of us, go back over all that again though. We are where we are, and that has all been debated and regurgitated to death.

Where I am now though is that the EFL has gone too far. When they made their decision on points deductions, embargoes, spending limits etc., that should have been the end of the matter. Middlesborough and Wycombe should have both been told the decision has been made, and no other actions by member clubs were allowed. They may actually have done that, but clearly they are still allowing those two tails to wag the dog, perhaps under some threat of counter claim otherwise against the EFL themselves. Who knows, but whatever it is it is clear that their rules are not fit for purpose. They certainly aren’t fit for Insolvency matters, because the EFL appear to be proposing that their member rules are superior to statute.

The next few days/weeks will be very interesting as to see what action might be taken against the EFL, by Administrators (under the power invested in them to complete their legal duties, rather than as Club representatives), by Creditors, by a preferred bidder, or even by a supporter/supporters group. Hopefully someone will fund an action through the Courts for injunctive relief to put a stop to the impasse. I wonder too whether Quantuma are now considering muddying the water further by making a claim against QPR, dragging them into the mix. After all any footballing claim for compensation does not have to be legally sound it seems to be heard, it just has to be within the scope of the EFL Rules (so no statute of limitations, etc). The EFL, and their interpretation of the rule book, are backing themselves into a corner on this, or being backed into a corner by Gibson in particular, and I think there is some advantage to us now, and football governance in general for the future, that there is little wriggle room for them left to manoeuvre without counter action by someone outside of the member Clubs. There is a significant amount of money at stake here, and I think shortly the EFL will have to blink when it goes to the next step. I think MSD might move first on this, for what worth.

I am resigned to tier 3 football next season, but I remain confident that there is a preferred bidder (hopefully Ashley who is a legal pit bull) who will save us from liquidation, and who will ultimately push us forward  in the right direction in the pyramid. What is important is that as part of the legal process against the EFL it has to be also made clear that any claims Boro and Wycombe want to make against the Club are made through the Courts not via a LAP arbitration. I am almost certain Gibson and Couhig would not try on their claim via a Court of Law, but what have they got to lose by going to a LAP? Vexatious, spineless Bamfords.

1 minute ago, i-Ram said:

Obviously not sure how this will end up, but hopefully with the Government installing an independent regulator of Football, and the English Football League in general, and of course our Club surviving.

I have been more sympathetic than most to the EFL as to how they have behaved throughout this sorry story, as they have been more than less implementing the rules of the member clubs. Let’s, none of us, go back over all that again though. We are where we are, and that has all been debated and regurgitated to death.

Where I am now though is that the EFL has gone too far. When they made their decision on points deductions, embargoes, spending limits etc., that should have been the end of the matter. Middlesborough and Wycombe should have both been told the decision has been made, and no other actions by member clubs were allowed. They may actually have done that, but clearly they are still allowing those two tails to wag the dog, perhaps under some threat of counter claim otherwise against the EFL themselves. Who knows, but whatever it is it is clear that their rules are not fit for purpose. They certainly aren’t fit for Insolvency matters, because the EFL appear to be proposing that their member rules are superior to statute.

The next few days/weeks will be very interesting as to see what action might be taken against the EFL, by Administrators (under the power invested in them to complete their legal duties, rather than as Club representatives), by Creditors, by a preferred bidder, or even by a supporter/supporters group. Hopefully someone will fund an action through the Courts for injunctive relief to put a stop to the impasse. I wonder too whether Quantuma are now considering muddying the water further by making a claim against QPR, dragging them into the mix. After all any footballing claim for compensation does not have to be legally sound it seems to be heard, it just has to be within the scope of the EFL Rules (so no statute of limitations, etc). The EFL, and their interpretation of the rule book, are backing themselves into a corner on this, or being backed into a corner by Gibson in particular, and I think there is some advantage to us now, and football governance in general for the future, that there is little wriggle room for them left to manoeuvre without counter action by someone outside of the member Clubs. There is a significant amount of money at stake here, and I think shortly the EFL will have to blink when it goes to the next step. I think MSD might move first on this, for what worth.

I am resigned to tier 3 football next season, but I remain confident that there is a preferred bidder (hopefully Ashley who is a legal pit bull) who will save us from liquidation, and who will ultimately push us forward  in the right direction in the pyramid. What is important is that as part of the legal process against the EFL it has to be also made clear that any claims Boro and Wycombe want to make against the Club are made through the Courts not via a LAP arbitration. I am almost certain Gibson and Couhig would not try on their claim via a Court of Law, but what have they got to lose by going to a LAP? Vexatious, spineless Bamfords.

Would you touch us with a barge pole under the current situation ?

4 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

If I recall (Ready to be proved wrong...) Didn't we have to initially show proof of funds to show we could keep ticking over until January? (Presumably on the assumption that we'd be sorted by now?)

Now we are asked for proof of funds to last until the end of season, does this come with a deadline?  When does this proof need to be in and accepted?  Admins hint at "a few weeks".  Do we have "a few weeks"? 

What is the likelihood that a certain date could bring about an EFL statement stating that we have failed to provide the required proof of funds "on time", and that our season is to be ceased with immediate effect?  

?‍♂️

So... according to internet rumour...

february-1-2022-monday.png

6 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Would you touch us with a barge pole under the current situation ?

I wouldn’t ever buy a football club Jimbo - mugs game generally. But, fwiw, I still think Ashley would, but his issue must be, like any other preferred bidder now, is the the apparent insistence of the EFL that Boro’s and Wycombe’s vexatious claims have to be considered by a LAP. I hadn’t see Nixon’s comments when I was typing my last post. I can still see Ashley buying the club (and stadium) in say a £50/70m overall deal, because he wants to be in football, and he thinks he will make money. With a brand and history like Derby, and our wonderful fanbase, and facilties, I wouldn’t bet against him doing it either. What he won’t let himself do though is enter into a situation where somewhere down the track he has to accept any fine imposed by a LAP kangaroo court. Who would? If he knew those claims could only be heard sometime in Court down the track, I think he might say “great, bring it on”.

56 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

If the administrators proceed and sell the club ( unlikely as no PB will move on a threat of £51 million extra) the EFL will say because we will have failed to pay preferential creditors as in football creditors (Middlesbrough and Wycombe) we will lose our league status and the conference would be the best we could hope to be in. Obviously no one is going to buy us with that blackmail nocking about.

If the claims were actually accepted by the arbitration panel, what would stop every club who finished 3rd, 7th, 8th and 22nd in the last 6 years that we took points from making similar claims? The new owners could be on the hook for hundreds of millions. 

Further, as soon as the precedent is set, every club that has been relegated or narrowly missed the play-offs will claim against any FFP sanctioned clubs. Shef Wed and Reading could not survive. It's just staggering that the EFL are doing this. It'll destroy the entire EFL if it proceeds. 

32 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

The EFL, and their interpretation of the rule book, are backing themselves into a corner on this, or being backed into a corner by Gibson in particular

Why though? What does this one man have over the EFL that they'd rather bend to his will than stop an entire club from collapsing? 

37 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

You should never have been sympathetic to the EFL they are ********* of the first order 

17 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

I wouldn’t ever buy a football club Jimbo - mugs game generally. But, fwiw, I still think Ashley would, but his issue must be, like any other preferred bidder now, is the the apparent insistence of the EFL that Boro’s and Wycombe’s vexatious claims have to be considered by a LAP. I hadn’t see Nixon’s comments when I was typing my last post. I can still see Ashley buying the club (and stadium) in say a £50/70m overall deal, because he wants to be in football, and he thinks he will make money. With a brand and history like Derby, and our wonderful fanbase, and facilties, I wouldn’t bet against him doing it either. What he won’t let himself do though is enter into a situation where somewhere down the track he has to accept any fine imposed by a LAP kangaroo court. Who would? If he knew those claims could only be heard sometime in Court down the track, I think he might say “great, bring it on”.

Exactly, if the situation was put the Boro debacle to one side, get the takeover sorted and then see you in court, not a major issue. But how do we get the debacle sorted prior to any takeover?  Somehow the Gibbon has created a situation where he has our balls in a vice and is happy for them both to stay there….

7 minutes ago, LauraH said:

This has probably already been said but what use is a huge stadium to MM if we are kicked out the league. Is he allowed to offer funds to DCFC as proof of funding for the remainder of the season. 

I was thinking the new potential owner could buy the stadium and the money be gifted to keep the club afloat then the potential owner still has a stadium even if they decided to not go ahead and purchase the club so its risk free, unless MM wouldnt agree to gift the money or its against EFL regs i dont know?

7 minutes ago, DCFC Kicks said:

Why though? What does this one man have over the EFL that they'd rather bend to his will than stop an entire club from collapsing? 

He's just a tool in the process, We're making a fist of staying in this division, The EFL WANT us relegated, They're using Boro/Wycombe as a pick axe handle to beat us into submission, Without their vexatious claims the EFL would have very very little wiggle room for our beating relegation.

26 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Just don’t pay them even if lap decided we should. Let them take us to court

I guess the efl would throw us out of the league if we didn’t pay, but that is the dame position we are in right now