The Administration Thread

Boycie

9 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Like I said above, it was my impression derived from reading your posts. I apologise if I've misconstrued your position, but you do appear to be out of step with the general sentiments on this board. You can change that perception quite easily if you want to. 

Morris' day of reckoning will undoubtedly come, but the immediate crisis is being caused by the collusion of the EFL with Gibson and Couhig and that's where I believe fans' ire and energy should be directed ATMIT. 

I hear what you're saying but just because someone thoughts appear to be out of step with the status quo doesn't then make their opinions any less valid then the next person's and definitely should not be frowned upon or them being labelled as some sort of pariah because they're not following the company line. 

If people want to have a perception of someone then that's their own personal prejudice and stereotyping so why would I or anyone else would want to bend to accommodate other people's jaundiced opinions, that's an issue not with the person making the posts but the recipients own internal beliefs. 

Anyhows that wasn't directed particularly at yourself but in general. 

Edited by Tyler Durden

Just now, G STAR RAM said:

Of course it matters whether he said it or not.

You can't accuse MM of pissing the EFL by saying he said something that he did not actually say.

He perhaps didn't say those exact words but all Derby fans know his opinion on the EFL. You can pick at semantic crows all you like but the tweet encompasses what he put across to the fans!

11 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

2018 was the agreement so not sure about that.  Think it can be up to 10 years regardless based on precedent. Seems we now have one. Not that I'm arsed unless we have to send on Gibsons bill.  

You benefitted when the EFL thought more like this 

EFL chief executive Shaun Harvey said: "In agreeing to the settlement above, the board was conscious that the financial burden placed on the club had to be manageable

This is outside of the usual legal setting. The EFL have already decided that football takes precedent over legality so it looks like fair game for Derby too sure Qpr 

Question is, at which point during this window are we going to have to start panic selling our players? Ultimately, we do not have the ability to see out the season if the EFL won't budge from this position, so realistically if nothing changes, I'd expect that to happen. 

7 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

It doesn't matter if Morris said it. This is what did the rounds of social media (Nov 2019) and is doing the rounds again this time by Boro fans!

It does matter. There is a difference between Fans having fun and what a Chairman said. Morris said nothing disrespectful to any other Club...if you think he did, quote it.

8 minutes ago, Eatonram said:

It does matter. There is a difference between Fans having fun and what a Chairman said. Morris said nothing disrespectful to any other Club...if you think he did, quote it.

Where does that photo say anything disrespectful?

Morris's views on the EFL were known by all who cared to look.

What is your point, that Mel loved the EFL and Gibson but was just messing about? ?

Edited by RoyMac5

10 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

He perhaps didn't say those exact words but all Derby fans know his opinion on the EFL. You can pick at semantic crows all you like but the tweet encompasses what he put across to the fans!

Well I'm a fan and doesn't encompass what he put across to me.

What he put across to me was that we have a unfit for purpose body running our game that are not looking after their members, yesterday's events tell me he was correct about this.

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Where does that photo say anything disrespectful?

Morris's views on the EFL were know by all who cared to look.

What is your point, that Mel loved the EFL and Gibson but was just messing about? ?

Gibson made a claim about Derby overvaluing the stadium. That claim and his attempts to muscle in on the EFL process were laughed out of court.

So any contempt shown by Morris or anyone else for Gibson is well justified. And current events only prove that.  

14 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Question is, at which point during this window are we going to have to start panic selling our players? Ultimately, we do not have the ability to see out the season if the EFL won't budge from this position, so realistically if nothing changes, I'd expect that to happen. 

Have to agree,this is all becoming a real danger we could fold as a club i am still amazed with all the wrangling going on we still have potential buyers,The EFL should of stepped in by now and told both Wycombe and Middlesborough there will be no case to answer they instructed our punishment (21 points) and the time scale of said punishment 

6 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Gibson made a claim about Derby overvaluing the stadium. That claim and his attempts to muscle in on the EFL process were laughed out of court.

So any contempt shown by Morris or anyone else for Gibson is well justified. And current events only prove that.  

Hey I'm not standing up for Morris. He won't get what he deserves from all this I imagine. I was just pointing out that our fans have had a particularly appropriate piece of karma thrown at them.

1 hour ago, Tyler Durden said:

You can say what you want about the expectations of a governing body but you'd also be extremely naive to think that in whatever sphere of work or business if you've successfully pissed enough of your colleagues off then they'd be rushing to help you when you find yourself in trouble, trouble that you've engineered yourself.

Yes if you've pissed off your colleagues and slagged off the boss you might expect that you'll be on the end of a good kicking, with many turning a blind eye to to it.

You might also expect though that once you've been beaten to a pulp and left bleeding on the floor that the kicking stops and you're allowed to pick yourself up, try to pick up your scattered teeth and get yourself sorted out. You've had your punishment, fair enough.

That's where we're at. We're not asking for favours or for people to rush in and save us, just not to invent more ways to justify further attacks or to kick the chair we're using as support to get back on our feet out from under us.

Instead what's being allowed to happen is for two colleagues to decide we haven't been punished enough, refuse to let us get back on our feet but instead continue to mercilessly kick us in the head to the point where our death seems certain.

This is being overseen by the boss who's now just reeling off lines from the corporate handbook about how he's not allowed to get involved in employee disputes, meaning he can just sit back and enjoy watching you be kicked to death, not condoning his employees actions but, well you know, very much condoning them and being complicit in our extinction.

Edited by Coconut's Beard

4 minutes ago, ramboy63 said:

Have to agree,this is all becoming a real danger we could fold as a club i am still amazed with all the wrangling going on we still have potential buyers,The EFL should of stepped in by now and told both Wycombe and Middlesborough there will be no case to answer they instructed our punishment (21 points) and the time scale of said punishment 

At this point Derby as a club have been punished many, many times, way out of proportion for the crime. It's hard not to see it as the EFL acting in revenge. 

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

I would imagine that is exactly what Admin went in with. Said to the EFL the new owner will sort this when we've exited administration. 

What way can be structured around the claims that denies their 'football creditor' legitimacy, yet gives them legitimacy? Why couldn't the EFL set up an 'emergency LAP'? 

The other possible solution is Appleby. He said he was good to go when Ashley swashbuckled in. Ashley may have done us in, because Appleby’s advisers may have been telling him - basically it’s all fine, you can put up the 5m deposit. But Ashley’s advisers seem to have told him: don’t give the admins any cash until you have been shown a secure exit. 
Qn is whether the admins should go back to Appleby. Problem is he is now probably spooked by Q’s latest mishap