The Administration Thread

Boycie

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Yet he's already pulled out on buying us once? 

But we don't know why he did. There were "indicators" that Mel was the obstacle. I believe you're not Mel's greatest fan either, so maybe you could understand that.

You also seem to applaud Ashley for trying to get the best deal for himself. Why not afford the same credit to CK?

Getting a little tired of the 'Quantuma aren't talking to us' line from MA.

I'm not trying to defend Quantuma here, but their legal duty as administrators is to get the best deal for the creditors involved. Now, either Quantuma are so bad at their job that they are literally illegal, or CK's offer is still better for creditors than Ashley's offer.

8 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

More conflicting info. People involved need to offer some clarity now 

Maybe, just maybe, Nixon is the one who has been played like a fiddle here?

FWIW, whether it’s ended or not we aren’t in a dreadful position. Waiting for Kirchner’s money to clear, if it ever can or we look towards Ashley who no longer has all the cards to play and needs to sweeten his deal.

46 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

There has to be some sort of statement coming right?! The last time there was this level of speculation and panic the parties involved did eventually comment 

You’d think they’d had to be, unless there hiding under a rock 

2 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Getting a little tired of the 'Quantuma aren't talking to us' line from MA.

I'm not trying to defend Quantuma here, but their legal duty as administrators is to get the best deal for the creditors involved. Now, either Quantuma are so bad at their job that they are literally illegal, or CK's offer is still better for creditors than Ashley's offer.

Plus, if they havent ended CK's exclusivity period then they cant talk to Ashley even if they wanted to.. clue is in the name.

6 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

But we don't know why he did. There were "indicators" that Mel was the obstacle. I believe you're not Mel's greatest fan either, so maybe you could understand that.

You also seem to applaud Ashley for trying to get the best deal for himself. Why not afford the same credit to CK?

I do credit CK for getting the best deal for himself mate.

I just want DCFC to have a new owner. I've said before if CK gets the money through it's his, and off we go again. I'd prefer Ashley as we know more about his money and where it's from. I don't care what's been said about him not having the stadium painted or even that he sacked all the youngsters. I care that he left Newcastle in the Prem. Short-sighted maybe but I'd be happy for Mike to make his money and sell us as a Prem club. ?

But atm CK has the bat and the ball.

Edited by RoyMac5

8 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Yet he's already pulled out on buying us once? 

that's a very snidey way of representing it. You make it sound like he just changed his mind, when I think if you were being totally honest, even if only with yourself, there was never a deal to be done for those figures thanks to Uncle Mel. It's only months later, when the delusional Administrators finally realised that nobody was going to part with big bucks for magic beans, that a realistic offer was accepted.

There is no other truth than CK couldn't strike a reasonable and realistic deal with both Quantuma AND Mel Morris the first time.

Just now, Mostyn6 said:

that's a very snidey way of representing it. You make it sound like he just changed his mind, when I think if you were being totally honest, even if only with yourself, there was never a deal to be done for those figures thanks to Uncle Mel. It's only months later, when the delusional Administrators finally realised that nobody was going to part with big bucks for magic beans, that a realistic offer was accepted.

There is no other truth than CK couldn't strike a reasonable and realistic deal with both Quantuma AND Mel Morris the first time.

Of course there was a deal to be done, he just didn't want to pay the asking price! ? Isn't that what is said about Ashley?

The reason Q won't talk to MA is he wants them to take less. 

13 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

If my speculation is correct (its probably not) I can't help but feel sorry for a guy who's genuinely tried to save us asap only to fail because another man with better contacts and better funds has decided to stop playing us. Ultimately whoever comes out on top needs to be the best long term deal for the club. But morally I think how Ashley has played this deal is very slimy and ungentlemanly and has done nothing for our short term future and the fans blood pressure. 

Flint signs for Stoke some are saying, Lawrence leaving for a better wage, Saudi Arabia ducking with golf, Man City offer a kings ransom to Erling Haarland, Welcome to the world of money and greed, Those that can offer more will, Those that can't fall by the wayside

Just now, Unlucky Alf said:

Flint signs for Stoke some are saying, Lawrence leaving for a better wage, Saudi Arabia ducking with golf, Man City offer a kings ransom to Erling Haarland, Welcome to the world of money and greed, Those that can offer more will, Those that can't fall by the wayside

Haarland will probably be earning enough to buy us! ?

19 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Because the £28m includes purchase of the ground, leaving very little for the creditors.

Do we know that? Surely there’s no need for it to include purchase of the ground now? Whomever was doing a deal to work with CK can surely make that agreement with any eventual buyer of Derby County? And if they wouldn’t, why not?