The Administration Thread

Boycie

2 hours ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Reading what those are saying about Nixon’s patreon article it all looks positive re:EFL approval (we know Nixon has his sources in both camps), and there is positive dialogue on the stadium. I’m not seeing any red flags that suggests this won’t go through. It’s all looking quite positive which I think is hard for some people to cope with given how many false dawns we’ve had.

I agree.  That's why articles like the one in the Sun, and sadly a lot of the clickbait stuff the DET is chucking out with miss-leading headlines (dare I say blatant lies in one or two recent examples), are doubly annoying.  It's all about getting people onto their websites.  Good news never sells.  Bad news, or the potential for it, does. 

I remain positive. 

8 minutes ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

Interestingly Charlie Slater, has a posted again showing of clip of Wayne confirming he thinks the takeover will be done in 7-10 days 

Fair enough.

Although I would argue that many of Rooney's timeline predictions have been wrong in the past. Through no fault of his own, of course.

22 minutes ago, BucksRam said:

I agree.  That's why articles like the one in the Sun, and sadly a lot of the clickbait stuff the DET is chucking out with miss-leading headlines (dare I say blatant lies in one or two recent examples), are doubly annoying.  It's all about getting people onto their websites.  Good news never sells.  Bad news, or the potential for it, does. 

I've recently just un-followed Derbyshire Live - Derby County because of this. Nothing but scaremongering, it's true bad news generates clicks but it got too much.

For the past 2 years they've been scaremongering and to be honest the past 2 years there wasn't much positive news to report on so I let it go but now there is positive developments and they're still pushing rubbish like "Rooney to Burnley", "Players ready to leave" I'm sick of it. 

Sadly it's true negative = clicks but there becomes a point where you question whether they actually support Derby and would just prefer Derby to fold because of all the revenue they'd gain...

Edited by Retro_RAM

2 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

FWIW, in a rare bit of itk, I happen to know that the council have secured funding to purchase the stadium. So hopefully that one will be resolved soon.

Is this a parody account of the real Millenniumram? Signing up to post some false ITK to get our hopes up, before the real one comes in and brings us crashing back down to earth with a healthy dose of reality? ? 

5 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

CK has changed his tone slightly this week..I've seen

"I don't own the club yet" "clock is ticking" "everyone knows the money runs out soon".

I’d say this is his way of putting pressure on Q, MM and the City and even EFL. If so it seems smart 

Edited by kevinhectoring

1 hour ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

Interestingly Charlie Slater, has a posted again showing of clip of Wayne confirming he thinks the takeover will be done in 7-10 days 

If this is right I’d guess it means SPA signed within 7 - 10 days. But that’s not takeover done - it still leaves the stadium to be sorted which could take longer. I would guess we have no proof of next season’s funds until the stadium condition is satisfied. 

56 minutes ago, Retro_RAM said:

I've recently just un-followed Derbyshire Live - Derby County because of this. Nothing but scaremongering, it's true bad news generates clicks but it got too much.

For the past 2 years they've been scaremongering and to be honest the past 2 years there wasn't much positive news to report on so I let it go but now there is positive developments and they're still pushing rubbish like "Rooney to Burnley", "Players ready to leave" I'm sick of it. 

Sadly it's true negative = clicks but there becomes a point where you question whether they actually support Derby and would just prefer Derby to fold because of all the revenue they'd gain...

Yep, same.  It's been getting worse.  I do think the likes of SN are decent journos, but they must have their hands completely tied by DET, or the money-men at Reach.  Pretty sure there's a policy there of story rejection by the editor if the strapline doesn't meet strict internal clickbait guidelines. Things like "Kirchner sends "clock is ticking" warning over Derby takeover", "Rooney "tempted" to make Derby U-turn...." do nothing to keep the fanbase calm and positive.  And there's nearly always a use of " " to no doubt provide a get out that it's just their interpretation. 

The best one recently from Cussack was "Ravel Morrison drops Derby County transfer hint in relegation response", where there was literally no such reference in the article; a completely fabricated headline.  The stuff they've been pushing out...well, I struggle to find a word for it for so-called Derby supporters. 

3 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

FWIW, in a rare bit of itk, I happen to know that the council have secured funding to purchase the stadium. So hopefully that one will be resolved soon.

Remember helping to "save derby county" is a vote winner and the local election is next Thursday. How does an announcement next Wednesday sound.

36 minutes ago, I know nuffin said:

Remember helping to "save derby county" is a vote winner and the local election is next Thursday. How does an announcement next Wednesday sound.

Interesting point. Under the rules /law governing the pre-election period, I don’t think they’d be allowed to make a big announcement like that for fear of influencing the election. So it’s unlikely to be confirmed until May 6th at the earliest (unless they want to fly close to sun on ‘purdah’ rules, of course). 

16 minutes ago, LazloW said:

Interesting point. Under the rules /law governing the pre-election period, I don’t think they’d be allowed to make a big announcement like that for fear of influencing the election. So it’s unlikely to be confirmed until May 6th at the earliest (unless they want to fly close to sun on ‘purdah’ rules, of course). 

Presumably has cross party support (we're the bstrds who killed DCFC probably not a winner) and could be done (announcment delayed until after election) prior to May 5th.

Some good updates today.

Rooney is the person I look to, to gauge where we are at.

Previously he was being fed complete horse manure from the admins so I don't blame him for failed promises.

This time he will be getting updates from Kirchner and his very own agent.

If Rooney is confident then so am I...

For now ?