The Administration Thread

Boycie

1 minute ago, Elwood P Dowd said:

I doubt if you lived in York you would decide to move to New York simple due to the addition of the the prefix “New”

A hypothetical joke on my part ? but I suppose if York was debt ridden and possibly even ceased to exist the idea of a prefix wouldn't be that bad

7 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

Yes the Wycombe claim was completely spurious and the Boro one speculative. But the EFL rules say they needed to be decided by a tribunal. I don’t think the EFL has any power to require them to be taken to a court of law. And that would have been disastrous for us because it would have taken months if not years to resolve with no one willing to buy in the meantime.

What the EFL did try to do was get the claims fast tracked but they had no way to force Gibbo to go that route 

Yes. My reference to going to a court of law was because the cases would never be allowed to see the light of day, and both Gibbo and his Wycombe counterpart would have been shown up for the chancers they are. I didn't realise the EFL rule requiring settlement by tribunal, but was extremely suspicious of such a route, because the last thing it would be is independent.

4 hours ago, jono said:

Absolutely not. The EFL board could very easily have said. We executed the tiiming of last seasons sanctions according to our rules. If you have a complaint, address it to us, not Derby County. Boro and Wycombe had claims, no matter how spurious, against the EFL. Derby County played no part in the timing of the sanctions. 

We agreed with Boro that in principle they had a right to bring a claim against us under the rules. Why do you think EFL can step in and stop Boro bringing their (vexatious) claim ? It’s not for the EFL to adjudicate the claim, it’s for the tribunal.  Agree EFL should have been putting pressure on Boro to withdraw it, but what else can they do? 

2 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

We agreed with Boro that in principle they had a right to bring a claim against us under the rules. Why do you think EFL can step in and stop Boro bringing their (vexatious) claim ? It’s not for the EFL to adjudicate the claim, it’s for the tribunal.  Agree EFL should have been putting pressure on Boro to withdraw it, but what else can they do? 

Initially Middlesbrough were going to try and sue the EFL for not applying the punishment in the alleged correct season, and for not making the punishment harsh enough. Their claim was with the EFL as the body responsible for carrying out the discipline. The EFL knew that if the case went ahead, and especially if successful, it would open the floodgates for cases against them, so they persuaded Gibson to bring his case against Derby County, not the EFL.

5 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

It’s quite simple as I see it, regardless of any merit to the claims

Boro claim we should have been sanctioned/fined or whatever… at a specific time period ..because it affected their possible play off spot. We weren’t - because those matters are normally dealt with by the EFL’s agreed procedures. Their quarrel / dispute therefore, should have been with the EFL and the timing of how the EFL applied their rules.

Looking at it another way - We have now been sanctioned according to those same procedures. Derby and Boro played in the same league run by the same association which makes the rules. This was a dispute relating to the competition. In the first instance they should have challenged the EFL a long time ago .. which they didn’t, despite considerable time passing.

If that didn’t work or wasn’t workable, then they had the option to sue Derby in court according to the law, long before administration  .. it could be seen as a simple civil case for damages. Or alternatively sue the EFL in court for the same reasons. They did neither ! 

All they did was imply threats and make damaging allegations to a club in administration. To be frank, if one is wanting to feed lawyers and apply logic, then Quantuma might have a case, on behalf of the creditors, for Boro’s vexatious claims that were clearly damaging to the creditors and administration process in general. 

The EFL buried their heads in the sand and walked away from their responsibilities to the competition for what motive or under whatever influence I don’t care to speculate. A simple solution was available to the EFL as the law givers. They bottled it in a disgraceful way. 

7 hours ago, Abu Derby said:

How on earth did Mel pass the ‘fit and proper test’?

I hope that the EFL have a more searching set of questions after this debacle. 

Mm is from derby, he's a self professed derby fan and he was worth several hundred million at the time he purchased Derby.

No wonder the efl agreed to allow him to become the new owner, at the time he tool over derby county.

I'm not supporting mm, just that to the efl, on paper, I can see why mm was allowed to take control of derby.

8 hours ago, Abu Derby said:

How on earth did Mel pass the ‘fit and proper test’?

I hope that the EFL have a more searching set of questions after this debacle. 

Don’t understand the question. The EFL can’t see into the future. The assessment was made at the time of his taking over and apart from being a self made, local multi millionaire would have included things such as filing for bankruptcy or had been a director of club or clubs which became insolvent, or had influence over or interest in another club etc. none of which would have applied.

4 minutes ago, Turk Thrust said:

Don’t understand the question. The EFL can’t see into the future. The assessment was made at the time of his taking over and apart from being a self made, local multi millionaire would have included things such as filing for bankruptcy or had been a director of club or clubs which became insolvent, or had influence over or interest in another club etc. none of which would have applied.

In answer to a question from one of our fans though, the EFL admitted he wouldn’t be stopped from owning another club as he’d only had one business (us) go belly up. So, he could, in theory, buy another club if he wanted to.

1 hour ago, Oldben said:

Mm is from derby, he's a self professed derby fan and he was worth several hundred million at the time he purchased Derby.

No wonder the efl agreed to allow him to become the new owner, at the time he tool over derby county.

I'm not supporting mm, just that to the efl, on paper, I can see why mm was allowed to take control of derby.

The fact he is from Derby and a self professed Derby fan would have been irrelevant. He had the money (at that time) and had no blemishes from his past which would have caused any concern for the EFL. For once, without the benefit of hindsight, I don’t blame the EFL.

50 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

The fact he is from Derby and a self professed Derby fan would have been irrelevant. He had the money (at that time) and had no blemishes from his past which would have caused any concern for the EFL. For once, without the benefit of hindsight, I don’t blame the EFL.

Well I do

Even they had the balls to say to gibson back off leave derby alone they been dealing with it oh know perfectly fine go right do what you like mr gibson.

18 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Well I do

Even they had the balls to say to gibson back off leave derby alone they been dealing with it oh know perfectly fine go right do what you like mr gibson.

But B4 .. that is exact.y what they didn’t do … they didn’t say leave Derby alone. They said it was a problem between the two clubs and nothing to do with us the EFL 

50 minutes ago, jono said:

But B4 .. that is exact.y what they didn’t do … they didn’t say leave Derby alone. They said it was a problem between the two clubs and nothing to do with us the EFL 

Well that's why I am trying to so efl should have stepped in and told boro to back off or other words gibson.

5 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

Basically Kev, you're an unacceptable and vexatious noise. Blocked.