The Administration Thread

Boycie

7 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

Have you even throught teamed up with Clooney or mike Ashley.

Think he’ll be going on his own mate. Hope it happens as like everyone just want this saga over. It will be interesting. 

As for the additional -15 to apply this  season, firstly I don’t know if there is any precedent supporting this, we can’t control what happens. If we had the option it could be better for the club to start next season with a clean slate, but I’m with you B4 it will be the ultimate kick in the balls for the players and staff who have fought so hard to keep us up this season and are still not quite done fighting to the end despite many people already counting them out.

7 hours ago, Foreveram said:

And what if Reading lose.

Even if Reading lose and it's still 6 points. 

Realistically from the last 6 games you'd expect Reading to win 2.

Then we need to win 4 out of 6. Which when you consider we've won 2 away games all season. It's not happening.

5 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Think he’ll be going on his own mate. Hope it happens as like everyone just want this saga over. It will be interesting. 

As for the additional -15 to apply this  season, firstly I don’t know if there is any precedent supporting this, we can’t control what happens. If we had the option it could be better for the club to start next season with a clean slate, but I’m with you B4 it will be the ultimate kick in the balls for the players and staff who have fought so hard to keep us up this season and are still not quite done fighting to the end despite many people already counting them out.

if we get -15 it will be imposed next year. It would be unfair to impose it this year IF we stayed up and not fair on other IF we are relegated.

Once BAWT tweeted I thoought the mystery bidder was Kirchner as they have been pally with him, although I didn't see it coming before then. Both Kirchner and BAWT have been very critical of Morris and Quantuma which seemed an odd tactic given these were the people negotiating with. ANyway if it works , it works. I wouldn't rule out other bidders though just becasue Kirchner says he is PB. 

7 hours ago, Elwood P Dowd said:

I know Chris Kirchner has to pass the EFLs “fit and proper” test but does he have to undertake any tests as to his sanity, should he be the PB he has a big mess to sort out.

I had a feeling that he would return to the table, not sure why

So then, the theory is that he was genuine all along. He tried to get it done ASAP but the deal he offered wasn't as good as the administrators thought they could get elsewhere. 

He walks away and considers Preston where he feels he could get better value. The administrators have realised they can't get a better offer and Mel/council have been pushed to sweeten the deal to no avail. Kirchner comes back to the table and they snatch his hand off now?

It does kinda make sense...but I'm still confused. Who were they referring to about time wasting? Is it him and this is all fantasy...or is it Ashley who has kept hinting at an offer but actually now they realise he is just waiting for a deal that saves him every last penny and in the meantime they seem inept as the deadline keeps being missed and the offer is worse than the Kirchner one they could have accepted in December? 

8 hours ago, duncanjwitham said:

On the plus side, imagine what the Preston fans must be thinking, if Kirchner spent 3 months trying to buy their club and ultimately decided it was a better deal to buy a probable League 1 club with no players and no stadium…

Well he did try to engage with fans which is more than others have so perhaps the spirit at the time he came got to to him a little. Or perhaps courting Preston was part of his masterplan to get Mel to reduce stadium price? Perhaps Mel has been Mel'd by someone else which would endear him to me if so! Will be interesting to see if MA makes late offer or if he is done

9 minutes ago, Woodley Ram said:

if we get -15 it will be imposed next year. It would be unfair to impose it this year IF we stayed up and not fair on other IF we are relegated.

EFL have rules which state that if we were relegated (as it stands with -21), then the further points deduction would apply in the following season.

If we survived relegation (as it stands with -21), then the further points deduction would apply this season.

I'm sure they have another rule which states that points deuctions have to be made before the 4th Thursday in March (so too late for this season in any case).

1 minute ago, RamBeauIV said:

EFL have rules which state that if we were relegated (as it stands with -21), then the further points deduction would apply in the following season.

If we survived relegation (as it stands with -21), then the further points deduction would apply this season.

I'm sure they have another rule which states that points deuctions have to be made before the 4th Thursday in March (so too late for this season in any case).

They also have rules that state whatever rules they might have don’t apply if it’s Derby County and they are free to do whatever they want to cause us the maximum amount of pain…..

7 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

Yes club needs saving at all costs yes.

But I feel all hard work rooney done should not be in thine and what better way to say to all of them that want us gone we are derby county and we are staying put.

The hard work isnt for nothing just think the fight and togetherness by fans, team and coaches may be what has kept interested parties looking at us when we are a dire mess. So not for nothing if someone buys us and we are not liquidated?

8 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

They also have rules that state whatever rules they might have don’t apply if it’s Derby County and they are free to do whatever they want to cause us the maximum amount of pain…..

Too True.  But will the EFL do us a favour now? Nixon is obviously being fed by the EFL, so perhaps they might be more accommodating to wiping the slate clean for next season?  Can't see CK wanting us next season in L1 on -15, so perhaps they want to run it by the EFL for the -15 now?

However, if we do end up in L1 on 0 points next season, what's the chances 23 other L1 clubs might be appealing?

Kirchener is the biggest risk of all the interested parties. Might come out smelling of roses or might end up with Mel II. 

He’s not my pick but beggars can’t be choosers. Plus if does struggle and loses interest after a couple of seasons at least we can be sold without the pain of the past 6 months.