The Administration Thread

Boycie

17 minutes ago, Kathcairns said:

He wouldnt come out and say he was stopping when newcastle  came calling, or am l wrong.

SM denied he was contacted(that may be true)but later said his representatives were contacted, Unfortunately a Premier team came calling, MM couldn't get him too commit to DCFC then knock knock knock MM sacked him, For the right reasons imo.

1 minute ago, Unlucky Alf said:

SM denied he was contacted(that may be true)but later said his representatives were contacted, Unfortunately a Premier team came calling, MM couldn't get him too commit to DCFC then knock knock knock MM sacked him, For the right reasons imo.

Was this after Morris had told Mac he got a 'vote of confidence'? ?FFS.

9 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Was this after Morris had told Mac he got a 'vote of confidence'? ?FFS.

Steve McClaren has apologised to Derby County fans over the manner of his departure from the club 17 months ago but insisted he was not guilty of treachery.

The 55-year-old conceded he should have done more to end speculation of a move to Newcastle during the closing months of the 2014-15 season yet claimed he had no guarantee of a job at St James' Park before taking over.

McClaren angered owner Mel Morris, who was becoming sole shareholder at the time, by allowing rumours of Newcastle's interest to affect form leading to Derby missing out on the play-offs on the final day.

He was sacked on May 25, 2015 but 16 days later handed the reins at Newcastle in an act that stung Derby supporters.

Morris has seen past that episode to agree a shock comeback for McClaren, who admitted he never predicted his return to the iPro Stadium, calling football a 'crazy' and 'strange' industry.

'With the manner in which I left I gave Derby a reason or an excuse to sack me,' said McClaren. 'I didn't think they would sack me but they did and I could have no qualms about it because I committed too late in that period of speculation and rumour.