The Administration Thread

Boycie

34 minutes ago, Woodley Ram said:

I have heard on the grapevine that we will announce the new owner as part of our centenary celebrations in 2084, apparently they are going to make a big show of it……the other thing I heard is that Q might own us due to the size of bill matching the asking price

Sound's about right.

17 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

We will have a 3,548 points deduction that season.

Spread over the next 100 years so we start on -35 or -36 for each season (depending on if it's a leap year) and still have no chance to hand contracts to any players.

17 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Just picked up a radio from Sainsburys in Ossie Road and this man was with Helen Chaimbalin, A spitting image of Mike Ashley, Just wondered if he was moonlighting.

image.png.9c6555f084867e1dc54d29946413e615.png

If’s that’s Hels Bel’s, Tim Lovejoy has let himself go (too much of Rimmer’s cooking perhaps?). ?

1 hour ago, Woodley Ram said:

I have heard on the grapevine that we will announce the new owner as part of our centenary celebrations in 2084, apparently they are going to make a big show of it……the other thing I heard is that Q might own us due to the size of bill matching the asking price

I’d guess we’re approaching that situation already.

1 hour ago, RAM1966 said:

No - Morris ignored Boro and Wycombe, had he not have done so this would have been sorted long before.

That's on the assumption that Gibson was willing to settle the matter any earlier, in the same manner as happened in the end. I wouldn't bank on him being entirely truthful about his position though.

There was always a plan from EFL/Gibson to make it nigh-on impossible for us to move forward before the transfer window closed and we were in as weak a position as possible.

Edited by Coconut's Beard

7 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Surely Mel getting Derby again would be like giving your e-type jag to Albert looms, all because it needed 2 new tyres and an oil change. Letting them rough it up and buying it back, albeit a fair bit cheaper.

car slamming GIF

Only once it's been stripped of all parts...ie Gear box, Gear shift, Engine, Exhaust, Wheels, Seats, Door pannels.

Just like DCFCs Squad ?

1 minute ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Only once it's been stripped of all parts...ie Gear box, Gear shift, Engine, Exhaust, Wheels, Seats, Door pannels.

Just like DCFCs Squad ?

I honestly hope if he does come back in the fans make their feelings known at every single home game, just for a couple of minutes before supporting the team.

He cannot get away with how he has treated the club, it's staff and the people of this city. He has treated the lot with absolute contempt.

35 minutes ago, LazloW said:

Party Fun GIF by Solar ImpulseHappy PB announcement day* everyone! ?? 

* according to Team Derby, who I’m sure won’t have said anything stupid to get people’s hopes up.

Folk will only have got their hopes up if they’d foolishly read “select a preferred bidder” as “announce a preferred bidder”.

Can’t wait for the usual barrage of “another missed deadline” posts.

I had it on good authority that it was MM intention from the start of admin to stick around DCFC and somehow remain as owner presumably with less debt and the EFL / Gibson off our backs.

I was a little sceptical about this information but this has certainly backed it a bit in recent days.

Imo it's madness but then again this is DCFC so nothing is off the table.

13 minutes ago, kingsy1884 said:

I had it on good authority that it was MM intention from the start of admin to stick around DCFC and somehow remain as owner presumably with less debt and the EFL / Gibson off our backs.

I was a little sceptical about this information but this has certainly backed it a bit in recent days.

Imo it's madness but then again this is DCFC so nothing is off the table.

Talk about Chinese whispers ???

3 hours ago, Oldben said:

Factoring in a 15 point deduction next season, potentially with restrictions on purchasing players.

Then Factoring in at least two seasons in League one, under above circumstances.

Zero return on highly expensive investment in purchasing the club.

Potentially doing a Leeds and taking 3 years to return to the Championship from league one, then trying to survive with almost zero budget for new players over that 3 year period, as spent available funds on purchasing the club.

League one will see significantly lower return from attendances.

I wonder what season tickets cost will be, clearly lower than championship season ticket prices so that will mean lower revenue for the club.

Then if restrictions placed on what derby can spend on new players with over half the current team either leaving and many of those remaining not being good enough for league one.

On the positive side, at least there will still be a club.

I can’t see season tickets being lower in league one - it should be but it won’t be happening certainly not initially