The Administration Thread

Boycie

Whilst I fully understand that this is a complicated business negotiation that cant be done like buying a pack of crisps, whoever buys the club needs fans as a revenue stream whatever division we are in. CK seemed to get this. The decline in spirit from all connected to the club is noticeable. We need a lift. A PB announcement and big "I am here to save the club" type statement is sorely needed right now. 

5 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

Whilst I fully understand that this is a complicated business negotiation that cant be done like buying a pack of crisps, whoever buys the club needs fans as a revenue stream whatever division we are in. CK seemed to get this. The decline in spirit from all connected to the club is noticeable. We need a lift. A PB announcement and big "I am here to save the club" type statement is sorely needed right now. 

They appear to have forgotten that 30 million will buy the club and 20 million more the stadium. When you word it 20,000 season tickets, 6000 pay on the day, meals, food, beer,shop,programmes, sky sports costs fans put in over 10 million each and every year yet no one is thinking if the fans

We’ve got funding to the end of the season. And we’re surprised it’s quiet. Only things reported in past week are Nixon tit bits which were likely personal opinions of people within the EFL board. 

But let’s fill the void with there are no bidders, liquidation is likely, we’re going to have to ground share. 

Quiet does not mean stuff isn’t happening as frustrating as it is. And the cliff edge has been pushed back so it doesn’t need to happen now. Personally I’m pleased the leaks seems to have been locked down.

3 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

We’ve got funding to the end of the season. And we’re surprised it’s quiet. Only things reported in past week are Nixon tit bits which were likely personal opinions of people within the EFL board. 

But let’s fill the void with there are no bidders, liquidation is likely, we’re going to have to ground share. 

Quiet does not mean stuff isn’t happening as frustrating as it is. And the cliff edge has been pushed back so it doesn’t need to happen now. Personally I’m pleased the leaks seems to have been locked down.

You will only be pleased if it turns out ok .

I am totally displeased 

1 hour ago, CBRammette said:

I’ve always been a “ glass half full “ type and tried ,despite the constant negativity ,to look for the positives in all situations but ,as a supporter for the last 58 years  ,my glass has finally cracked! It was awful under Maxwell ,the 3 Amigos and Docherty  but I can’t remember feeling this low about the Club’s future.Last night just seemed like another nail in the coffin,so much so that I can’t envisage listening to the local radio commentaries,reading the local paper’s regurgitated reports or watching us on SKY tv any more. 
I’ll come back to this thread when it reaches 1200 and see if anything’s changed but,somehow ,I doubt it.

Following DCFC is not good for your mental health and we all know there are much more serious problems out there but bloody hell,Enough !?

I just can't get my head around why someone would want to buy the club now in its current state.  Wind the clock back to December then absolutely I could see why, championship survival was still on, the chance to extend players contracts and even strengthen Wayne's team. The investment seemed sound. Even if we failed we would have had a team to work with for league 1.

But the same interested parties, who were there in December, will look at a squad made weaker with sales of Shinnie, Plange, Jozwiak etc. 

So many first team players whose contracts need renewing, who probably have competitive offers from other clubs.

Also, if relegation does happen, which is likely now, a squad needs a whole rebuild, all be it with much reduced revenue streams.

The only person I could see insane enough to take us on is Mel Morris ?

Keep seeing people mention that buying a football club is a complicated transaction, which is fair.

However, it isn't that complicated. I mean it's been pretty clear for a while what it will take and how deep their pockets will have to be. Right now, it's clear none of our potential bidders are happy with that cost.

It will take a significant amount of time even when the PB is announced. We're not going to have new ownership properly in place until the second half of 2022, if at all

14 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I just can't get my head around why someone would want to buy the club now in its current state.  Wind the clock back to December then absolutely I could see why, championship survival was still on, the chance to extend players contracts and even strengthen Wayne's team. The investment seemed sound. Even if we failed we would have had a team to work with for league 1.

But the same interested parties, who were there in December, will look at a squad made weaker with sales of Shinnie, Plange, Jozwiak etc. 

So many first team players whose contracts need renewing, who probably have competitive offers from other clubs.

Also, if relegation does happen, which is likely now, a squad needs a whole rebuild, all be it with much reduced revenue streams.

Why would anyone want to buy any club ?

15 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

He couldn’t wait to get rid, not a chance…

1 minute ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Why would anyone want to buy any club ?

I dunno, I could buy forest, Leeds or Boro and implement my cruel and vindictive petty revenges upon them. 

"Oh no Mr manager, I feel the budget you have for the season is quite sufficient for where I want the club to be" *evel cackling*

"I understand the concerns of the fans, but the decision to have the team play in clown shoes is final"

"All concourse food will be vegan, low fat, and astronomically expensive, sorry, I mean ethical"

"I feel renaming the ground to "4 Q EFL Arena" is justified."

"Replacing the trophy room with a cheese room is just what spurs did for their new stadium."

"No, I feel the DJ playing nothing but the most savage death metal at ear splitting volume before and after the match is an essential part of the match day experience and will continue"

20 minutes ago, Tombo said:

Keep seeing people mention that buying a football club is a complicated transaction, which is fair.

However, it isn't that complicated. I mean it's been pretty clear for a while what it will take and how deep their pockets will have to be. Right now, it's clear none of our potential bidders are happy with that cost.

It will take a significant amount of time even when the PB is announced. We're not going to have new ownership properly in place until the second half of 2022, if at all

I dont think buying a football club generally would be complicated but I think MM/SP's actions will have overcomplicated our position. Too many trying to get round things shenanigans

10 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

He couldn’t wait to get rid, not a chance…

This is why I cannot understand any sympathetic posts about Morris 

I can forgive trying to get us promoted by giving managers funds that we don’t have to buy players but I CANNOT forgive not paying our taxes! Running up millions in debt to HMRC is scandalous and being a so called businessman this part of running a business is part and parcel of every single company and business in the land yet he run up millions of debt ….I’m so down it’s unreal and yes there are worse things going on in the world I get that …but I just don’t see anyone spending 30m without the stadium …Morris should not charge anything for PP after what he left behind!!!!???

31 minutes ago, Tombo said:

MM made it complicated unfortunately. 

2 hours ago, Curtains said:

You will only be pleased if it turns out ok .

I am totally displeased 

Get that. Im not exactly happy with the situation. But we can whip ourselves up into a frenzy when it’s unnecessary, as soon as the announcement came from the EFL they’ve seen forecasts we can fulfil our fixtures the can was always going to be kicked down the road. The time to panic is we’re still here in the same position after the final game of the season. 

As for turning out ok, not being liquidated is a result in my book based on the mess that has been left. Anything better than that is a bonus.

1 hour ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

I appreciate that you are trying to be positive (or at least not negative) but it just seems in most peoples eyes that there is increasingly little to cling onto. Sure, there's funding till season end which was achieved by selling some of our few remaining players but now we head towards June where more contracts are up, further weakening a desperately thin squad that is seriously lacking in numbers and quality in some key areas.

We have asked potentially interested parties for what amounts to their 'Best And Final Offer' (BAFO) and despite that being over a week ago there is still no sign of any preferred bidder and no indication that anyone is prepared to push to anything like what the EFL's rules demand without encountering further crushing penalties that will severely impact us even if we are rescued. The Binnies bid may have been a low bid that has been rejected as it was nowhere near what Q want (or would be needed to avoid sanctions..) but I personally have no confidence that anyone else will be offering a huge amount more because we look to be such a financial basket case. These expressions of interest are from business folk, not rich benefactors who want to save their local club. It's just guesswork granted, but I suspect that there may be better potential bids than Binnies but not by enough.

So what is happening now ? Who knows, least of all the fans but our situation is uniquely vulnerable with no ground and almost no playing assets due to enforced contract run-down after extended embargo. If we get to June and are still somehow solvent for the summer then, we face a free-for-all on a good chunk of what is left of our squad. Can we even field a first team come the start of next season if we don't get taken over ? Seems in the balance at best.

Really not trying to be negative or put anyone on a downer, but honestly, last night knocked the stuffing out of me. I just felt for the first time that I'm losing hope ?

26 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

I dont think buying a football club generally would be complicated but I think MM/SP's actions will have overcomplicated our position. Too many trying to get round things shenanigans

I get the impression that the ownership structure is very complicated and I am certain that we don't fully know what borrowing is secured against what or by who.

I have still not seen anywhere as yet that MM has officially written off the £200m in "personal" loans that he has on the books.

In fact the cynic in me is now beginning to question if some of these funds are linked to his other business interests. Either in terms of the source of the loan or securities.

6 minutes ago, Eatonram said:

Can we sell season tickets? Does anyone actually know? There is circa £5m waiting for the new owner to cushion the blow.

It wouldn't help massively as season ticket funds are released during the course of the season. If £5m worth was sold tomorrow there wouldn't be £5m available to wipe off debt.

It would of course be there as part of the budget for running costs next season, but I guess any interested party will have factored that in to their business plan.