The Administration Thread

Boycie

Derby County. Saved.

The joy, the relief.

Mine won’t be the only story like this, but after the passing of my Dad, who was a dyed-in-the-wool Ram, former steward home and away, the love for Derby County takes on another meaning. It’s a link to family - past and present - for so many, and to lose it would be heartbreaking all over again.

To see it saved means the world. And I’m celebrating with a Derbyshire whisky.

I was listening to the 'emergency' Sportscene. I shed a tear when Ed Dawes came on in tears. I fully lost it when the Punjabi Rams representative (who's name escapes me, my apologies) was talking about the laying to rest of another member (again apologies) whose proceedings mirrored my Dad's. I'm in tears again, typing this.

I really hope we as Rams never have to go through this again. I hope no fan ever has to go through this.

We have our club back. Don't EVER take it for granted.

Much love to one and all. My only regret is that I wasn't first to break the news ? I'd just got home from work, but seriously, this forum has been a haven - to know I'm not the only one who's life has been dominated by this one subject.

I can't wait for that 30th July vs. Oxford. Win, lose, or draw - it's going to be one hell of a party. Let's sell this mother out.

Peace ✌️ love ❤️ and Derby County ?

Edited by Animal is a Ram

6 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Derby County. Saved.

The joy, the relief.

Mine won’t be the only story like this, but after the passing of my Dad, who was a dyed-in-the-wool Ram, former steward home and away, the love for Derby County takes on another meaning. It’s a link to family - past and present - for so many, and to lose it would be heartbreaking all over again.

I was listening to the 'emergency' Sportscene. I shed a tear when Ed Dawes came on in tears. I fully lost it when the Punjabi Rams representative (who's name escapes me, my apologies) was talking about the laying to rest of another member (again apologies) whose proceedings mirrored my Dad's. I'm in tears again, typing this.

I really hope we as Rams never have to go through this again. I hope no fan ever has to go through this.

Much love to one and all. My only regret is that I wasn't first to break the news ? I'd just got home from work, but seriously, this forum has been a haven - to know I'm not the only one who's life has been dominated by this one subject.

I can't wait for that 30th July vs. Oxford. Win, lose, or draw - it's going to be one hell of a party. Let's sell this mother out.

Condolences to you and yours mate. Lost my Dad 18 months ago, and like yours, he was a Ram through and through. Your point about ‘Link to family’ is spot on. If we’d have gone under it would have hurt beyond belief, not just as a supporter, but as being part of the big family of Rams fans’ everywhere. Past and present. Up The Rams!

6 minutes ago, Yani P said:

I see the Bristol C brain dead are up in arms that we have apparently got away with it..

I mean seriously....they are utter morons..

Won't ruin a perfect day though..been celebrating Canada Day and get the perfect news that our club is safe and in good hands..

We have to cover 100% of football creditors.

The majority of debt bar a few million outside MSD -secured against the stadium/moor farm was then HMRC debt.  If that was going to be paid in full what would be the point of taking a 12 point deduction, embargoes, wage caps and 5 million quid in admin fees.

Has the rage dulled their senses, or, as I suspect are they just a bit dim.

dumb-huh.gif

Perhaps if we hadn't taken those other 9 points for using an acceptable form of accounting only rule changed a few months ago and we weren't paying spurious amounts to Boro and the ambulance chaser in waiting there still screaming about, we'd still be in the championship and the exchequer would have got some more. 

17 minutes ago, Columbo King said:

Condolences to you and yours mate. Lost my Dad 18 months ago, and like yours, he was a Ram through and through. Your point about ‘Link to family’ is spot on. If we’d have gone under it would have hurt beyond belief, not just as a supporter, but as being part of the big family of Rams fans’ everywhere. Past and present. Up The Rams!

And the same to you.

I think the silver lining, for me at least, is that he didn't have to live through this period. He passed a little over a month before we were put into administration.

I have a lot of friends who don't understand why I've been so down this last 12 months. 

But days like this? Imagine not liking sport. Football fans, in the main, still take a lot of flak, but the sense of community is unparalleld.

You'll never notice, how much I love you, until you (nearly) take, my Derby away.

Had a bottle of wine so sorry if I'm not completely coherent but thank god for that. I've shed a fair few tears once I saw the news, the sheer relief of seeing in black and white (so us) that derby county has been saved. The club for all of us means at times everything and I keep thinking back to that fulham home game for that perspective.  Relegation almost a certainty, but a momentous last stand by the players who dug out a performance and fans who created an absolutely unreal atmosphere, you'd have thought we'd have won the league but we'd merely delayed the inevitable relegation. To me that game was the essence of what the club meant, everyone standing as one, giving everything on and off the pitch, passion backed by an almighty roar and thank god we've got the security of that happening again next season. 

I honestly thought post Kirchner that it was pretty much it for us, I could envisage a scenario when it was too much money compared to assets and no-one would spend the necessary amount to dig us out of the enormous hole Mel left us in. DC's statement sets an excellent tone but also makes reinforces perhaps how close we were to extinction. DC bailed us out when it seems like no-one else could or would. He deserves our full backing next season whatever happens on the pitch as we should just be grateful we can return to pride park, with pride at remaining a founder member of the football league. 

2 hours ago, Leeds Ram said:

Had a bottle of wine so sorry if I'm not completely coherent but thank god for that. I've shed a fair few tears once I saw the news, the sheer relief of seeing in black and white (so us) that derby county has been saved. The club for all of us means at times everything and I keep thinking back to that fulham home game for that perspective.  Relegation almost a certainty, but a momentous last stand by the players who dug out a performance and fans who created an absolutely unreal atmosphere, you'd have thought we'd have won the league but we'd merely delayed the inevitable relegation. To me that game was the essence of what the club meant, everyone standing as one, giving everything on and off the pitch, passion backed by an almighty roar and thank god we've got the security of that happening again next season. 

I honestly thought post Kirchner that it was pretty much it for us, I could envisage a scenario when it was too much money compared to assets and no-one would spend the necessary amount to dig us out of the enormous hole Mel left us in. DC's statement sets an excellent tone but also makes reinforces perhaps how close we were to extinction. DC bailed us out when it seems like no-one else could or would. He deserves our full backing next season whatever happens on the pitch as we should just be grateful we can return to pride park, with pride at remaining a founder member of the football league. 

The Kirchner nonsense was the end for us.

make no mistake we have come back from the dead, mr clowes saving us was down to his own personal pride not diligent planning and expert dealing from the admins. Derby were for once in the right place at the right time.

he gets a free hit, do what you want David but all I ask that you run us sensibly and make sure this never happens again

5 hours ago, Grimbeard said:

Nah, 'Quantuna' should be used instead of 'c*ck-up', clusterf*ck or 'shambles'. As in "They tried to take a quick free kick, but made a right a right Quantuma of it",

Good shout.

... Or glaring spelling mistakes/grammatical errors here on the forum... just #quantuma  ?

*For those of us on here who are deeply affected by such things!  

Edited by Mucker1884

7 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Massive thank you from me to all of you lot on this forum. This club has impacted my mood, it's given me highs and lows over the last 18 months but you lot have always cheered me up.

I've thought about binning this forum off, I've thought about binning football off entirely. 

Two things changed my mind, taking my three year old daughter to a couple of games last season (she loved it and the thought of not being able to do that again was a killer), and this forum.

Perversely, it's all sparked the love of it all in me again and I cant wait to see where we go from here.

Thanks everyone. Me and my little one look forwards to attending games for years to come.

Agree, if we had gone my love of football would have dissapeared also, which would have been heartbreaking since being a fan since the 60's. Thanks to one man we are saved, back to enjoying football again, can't wait to see you all at Pride Park again in July.??

30 minutes ago, SuffolkRam said:

DC didn’t just save the club, he saved us fans.  

Now the takeover is complete it’s crazy to realise how it affected us, feel quite relaxed for the first time in months.  

Its a surreal feeling isnt it.

ill be honest i thought i was dealing with it ok. Just doing what i normally do with bad news and burying it deep down and just worrying about other life thingd, kids, work, money etc etc

but last night and even more so this morning, i just feel like this massive weight has been lifted and something that brings me so much pleasure and is part of my life is back in my thoughts again and iv this warm buzzy feeling about getting down to pp with my daughter and roaring the lads on.

I didnt even realise it was effecting me. But now its ended i can cealrly feel it was 

5 hours ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Derby County. Saved.

The joy, the relief.

Amazing post buddy, 

and a situation that resonates so strongly with myself too.

Pp holds (along woth the bbg) some of my happiest and strongest memories with my late dad and to lose that place to go that i can feel that bit closer to him for 90 minutes would have broken me.

to lose derby county would have been a body blow too much for me.. so mr clowes… and the 1000s of u fans that stood up to be counted in our hours of need an eternal thankyou.

now lets back them like league 1 has never seen before