The Administration Thread

Boycie

Gutted about Rooney. I think the way he’s conducted himself in the face of relentless ineptitude and bad management has been exemplary and kept my pride in saying I’m a Derby fan over the last year or so. 

On a practical basis, I think he’s shown that he can get the best out of talented maverick cast offs, older players written off and emerging youth - which would have been exactly what we need to be competitive again. And I also think his name, and enhanced reputation from this past year as a manager, would have helped us retain and attract players way above our current station. 

I think it’s a massive loss and hope that there is a plan in place for management and recruitment that, presumably, needs to do a year’s work in a few weeks to get a playing squad ready for the new season that starts next month. Fingers crossed. 

Edited by Indy

I’m actually getting a wee bit excited about all this. 

Yes, team on the brink, Manager leaving so close to pre-season, and all that. 

But Derby County will be playing football with a new chairman, boss, and a trimmed down squad. All without much expectation. They all just get to build, take chances with players/tactics, and let the team grow organically. 

That is something I’ve been wanting for a few years now. The team turnover of managers and bloated team sheets have been such a headache for a few years.

It will be nice to just have a humble team left alone to grow and become successful again. ?‍♂️

coyr

4 minutes ago, Miggins said:

Can't believe this. Why?

Really thought he'd stay.

I think some players wanted to stay and be managed by him and now they won't.

What has changed his mind?

I'd have thought he would have been pleased with the developments this week.

What does he know that we don't?

Please Wayne, reconsider.

He's gone Miggins, Q asked him to stay over a few hours conversation and he still wanted out, No the boy done well, Lets all move on, No more Wayne Rooney's Derby CountyJeff Goldblum Reaction GIF by Apartments.com

39 minutes ago, Brailsford Ram said:

Not very long at all Roy. He's very talented and he's a fighter as he has shown since he was thrust into the Premier League as a young boy of 16 when as he says himself he was ill prepared for the experience but battled through against all the odds. More than that he's an outright winner with an outstanding football pedigree behind him. United and Everton have tempted him in the past 12 months. He's pretty unique in the football world. He'll soon be snapped up - it's inevitable of course.

And it's our loss.

5 minutes ago, twelveincher said:

Just off a long drive and see the latest news. Got to try and remember that today has been a good day on the whole for Derby County FC. 
Still, the timing just seems so off for Wayne to leave now. Doesn’t seem ti make sense, especially with the rumours of him turning down a Chanpionship teams approach recently?!?

It seemed like a good day until Wayne said he was leaving.

28 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Any idea why he has not resigned, why he has only requested to be ‘relieved of his duties’ ? 

Basically Kevin by asking to be relieved of his duties and it being accepted by his employers, it is a parting of the ways by mutual consent without either party having any future obligations to each other. That seems to be the case here following Quantuma's statement.

A resignation may be subject to conditions such as serving an agreed period of notice which the employer can invoke if they choose to do so, on pain of penalty in a refusal, which does not seem to be the case here.

I'm surprised from past experience that you haven't attempted to work this out for yourself. Then again from past experience I think I and others on here may be very grateful that we do not have to listen to your own interpretation of the difference. It's been a long day already.

I haven't read back the last few pages, im seeing people on Twitter and Facebook suggesting Mel is somehow in cahoots with Clowes and is a silent partner, surely to god not true?

Would be like having your house burnt down and finding out after it's been rebuilt the arsonist that did it is now a minority owner of the property 

Edited by MackworthRamIsGod

7 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I haven't read back the last few pages, im seeing people on Twitter and Facebook suggesting Mel is somehow in cahoots with Clowes and is a silent partner, surely to god not true?

Would be like having your house burnt down and finding out after it's been rebuilt the arsonist that did it is now a minority owner of the property 

All based on the wording in the statement that Mel backed the takeover. Of course he backs it, he’s sold his stadium.

People getting on the back of our potential saviour, can’t get my head around it.

14 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

That's the problem with social media, it gives publicity to too many idiotic viewpoints.

David Clowes has rescued us from the hold that Mel Morris had over our club and he is far too intelligent and precious of his own deserved good reputation to be in cahoots with a charlatan whose reputation in this county is now zilch. Give David Clowes a chance FFS.

Edited by Brailsford Ram

15 minutes ago, Brailsford Ram said:

Basically Kevin by asking to be relieved of his duties and it being accepted by his employers, it is a parting of the ways by mutual consent without either party having any future obligations to each other. That seems to be the case here following Quantuma's statement.

A resignation may be subject to conditions such as serving an agreed period of notice which the employer can invoke if they choose to do so, on pain of penalty in a refusal, which does not seem to be the case here.

I'm surprised from past experience that you haven't attempted to work this out for yourself. Then again from past experience I think I and others on here may be very grateful that we do not have to listen to your own interpretation of the difference. It's been a long day already.

No I’ll spare you the detail. You must be exhausted 

But I’ll join you in the prayers: for Wayne Rooney, Chris Kirchner and Paul Stretford, may we all be eternally grateful. Amen 

(And here’s hoping for a better away record next season) 

PS I admire the amount of cake he ate during lockdown 

On the plus side, Clowes looks to be over 40 and is clearly both a fan and a man who feels obligated to do the right thing.

So come on David, your first decision should be the obvious one to finally turn the club's luck around.

Bring back the proper colours. I know I speak for all fans - well the sensible ones at least...Derby County should play in white shirts and navy blue shorts.

2 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

No I’ll spare you the detail. You must be exhausted 

But I’ll join you in the prayers: for Wayne Rooney, Chris Kirchner and Paul Stretford, may we all be eternally grateful. Amen 

(And here’s hoping for a better away record next season) 

PS I admire the amount of cake he ate during lockdown 

I just don't think you understand football Kevin. I'm not sure you even go to watch Derby. You buzz around on here like an annoying wasp. Just what is the kick you get from being on here? Do you need the number for the Drugs Hotline? Just how are you going to occupy your time when this thread comes to an end FFS?

5 minutes ago, Brailsford Ram said:

I just don't think you understand football Kevin. I'm not sure you even go to watch Derby. You buzz around on here like an annoying wasp. Just what is the kick you get from being on here? Do you need the number for the Drugs Hotline? Just how are you going to occupy your time when this thread comes to an end FFS?

Good god it's a forum people's opinions etc etc just block someone if you don't want hear them .