The Administration Thread

Boycie

14 minutes ago, CBX1985 said:

@RoyMac5It is a collective investment of some variety - my view would be an invitational UCIS.  A bit like monies in your pension, the front man/company would be the regulated person/entity.  The investors would have money laundering checks getting money into the collective, and the front man (and most likely company) would take responsibility for accepting these, though authorities can check.

Sounds complicated, could they try with a debit card?

17 minutes ago, CBX1985 said:

@RoyMac5It is a collective investment of some variety - my view would be an invitational UCIS.  A bit like monies in your pension, the front man/company would be the regulated person/entity.  The investors would have money laundering checks getting money into the collective, and the front man (and most likely company) would take responsibility for accepting these, though authorities can check.

Well that sounds like they'll be ready to go then too.

So will it be decided by who provides the money for June's wages (no not the woman in accounts!)? (I don't think so really, but we need to get them paid on time.)

Edited by RoyMac5

https://theathletic.com/3377704/2022/06/23/derby-country-quantuma-administration/?source=emp_shared_article

Some interesting quotes in this from Andrew Hosking. Namely that Kirchner did pay the wages:

Quantuma insists it did nothing wrong in making Kirchner the preferred bidder.

“He was matching exactly what the EFL wanted and indicated he would fund — and he did — the wages,” Hosking says

And that a secondary points deduction is possibly on the cards

“It would be naive of me to not ensure we’ve got funding available and assuage the EFL’s concerns, but that’s very much a secondary protection strategy. The main strategy is to get the club sold and sold as quickly as possible.

“Quite what the terms will be, we’ll have to wait and see. Could there be negative points? When do I think it will happen? I genuinely don’t know.”

40 minutes ago, Indy said:

Almost. These sort of bids could have been looked at ages ago if EFL/Gibson claim had not been threatening a possible £50m liability in the future. By the time CK was preferred bidder, that damage had all been done, and his was the only bid on the table. 

I’m not sure that’s quite right, I heard that Quantuma along with Mel Morris are in fact CKs adoptive parents and gave him exclusivity over any and all other bidders as they wanted their baby boy to be happy and have a new play thing, there’s simply no other logical explanation for the delays and time wasted throughout the process. They made up the legal claims and the EFLs role in all of this so they can carry on milking the massive cash cow that is Derby County on the brink of liquidation with minimal saleable assets….

Just messing! They are useless mind.

Edited by Caerphilly Ram

3 minutes ago, td_evans said:

https://theathletic.com/3377704/2022/06/23/derby-country-quantuma-administration/?source=emp_shared_article

Some interesting quotes in this from Andrew Hosking. Namely that Kirchner did pay the wages:

Quantuma insists it did nothing wrong in making Kirchner the preferred bidder.

“He was matching exactly what the EFL wanted and indicated he would fund — and he did — the wages,” Hosking says

And that a secondary points deduction is possibly on the cards

“It would be naive of me to not ensure we’ve got funding available and assuage the EFL’s concerns, but that’s very much a secondary protection strategy. The main strategy is to get the club sold and sold as quickly as possible.

“Quite what the terms will be, we’ll have to wait and see. Could there be negative points? When do I think it will happen? I genuinely don’t know.”

Kieran Maguire reckons the 'person' that CK got the money off for the wages wants it back.

https://twitter.com/Owen_Holmes_/status/1539866233222402049

39 minutes ago, Sheff Ram said:

Just get this fricken deal done. Friendlies announced and we haven't got a team we can put out currently. Not heard a peep from Rooney. If he walks we are in big trouble. This 9 months have been death by a 1000 cuts. Time to start the healing process... 

29 months you mean. This all started when we were charged by the EFL in Jan 2020. 

You could even take it back to March 2019 and call it 39 months if you look at when Morris started to indicate he wanted out and the spending was going to slow down. 

The most concerning thing about that atletic article this morning is the lack of new info. if there was something concrete apart from posturing from Ashley and Appleby you would have assumed they would have known about it by now.

the days are going too quickly with nothing happening, every day is vital if we are to survive this and for me there is too little happening.

why do we not have a preferred bidder, almost 2 weeks on from the last guy doing us up the jacksie. Remember it took them an age to announce ck as the bidder.

I just think both Appleby and Ashley are not offering enough money to get us out of admin. Whether they are leaving it until the last minute I don’t know , we can only hope that is the case, but the odd one out in this is the efl, if they don’t see progress over the next week they will take away our golden share it really is as simple as that

Edited by alram

11 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

They also stated 'best and final' so maybe that's why no-one has bid yet?

More nothings spun by Nixon:

image.png.89fd0e77ed88ea3a0271fd443c530140.png

Would have to pass fit n proper owner check - cheers Al, we knew that.

MAs £50m is in a bank account - cheers Al, Percy told us that.

Wages due at the end of the month - cheers Al, we knew that.