The Administration Thread

Boycie

Just now, PistoldPete said:

Who had told Ed Dawes this? Appleby? The statement from q didn’t seem to suggest that any bids had been received since Ck dropped out. 

That’s what I thought when I read their statement 

7 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

How can there be no progress of someone’s made a bid??? Wtf are they doing 

Any number of reasons, I suppose.  Maybe the bid still isn't enough to meet the minimum requirements (despite what we've been told by the press).  Maybe there are complications with the bid (possibly overseas investors, and questions over money transfers again?).  Maybe they're in dialog with other bidders who haven't submitted yet, and Quantuma feel they can't progress one bid until they've assessed all of them fairly etc etc

Like I said at the time - anyone expecting someone to swoop in and do a deal in a few days was dreaming. Hence Quantuma giving Kirchner repeated chances to get it over the line.

44 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

But they are not willing to buy us at the price required so it seems, the only way they can buy us for a low cost i imagine is if the club is liquidated and they start a phoenix club. The idea of "let them buy us at any price" is not an option as the administrators have insolvency rules to follow, doubt it's Quantuma's fault that the debt is too high and bidders willing to accept it. Everything is about the money and not sentiment or history.

Thats the inevitable point of view I'm coming to ?

Throughout this entire debacle I've been reasonably confident we'll get sold, dust ourselves down and begin the long road back. Now I'm not so sure.  It seems like no one is willing to pay what is necessary (more than we're worth) to save the club.  The next best option is to  accept a realistic bid, -15pts, small inexperienced squad and potential slide into League 2.  But even that, as of yet, doesn't seem to be forthcoming.

Hypothetically, If you assume that given the size of Derby (number of fans) it will cause security concerns to allow us to restart much below league 2/Conference at what point does a phoenix club become a better financial decision than the lowball -15pt potential slide into League 2 bid?  

I still hope someone comes in with more money than sense but its starting to look like the inevitable imho. Surely the EFL will pull the plug in the coming weeks if can't prove funding beyond a month to month basis and start recruiting players?!?

Edited by maxjam

So much for all the media hype around ashley talking about saving the club. 2 weeks and we are back to where we were 9 months ago. Really really fed up now and starting to not give a damn of this boring saga anymore. Apppeby has bid around 40 million plus and no progress. What an absolute mess Morris has made where 40 million plus isnt good enough 

37 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

Don't know why people keep asking him tbh, he must be basking in the glory.

Because he does know some things and knows more than many. But he also likes to keep things opaque in case changes make him look stupid. ?

18 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Can you stop quoting Nixons Twitter feed please, he’s banned me recently and he wouldn’t appreciate me being able to read his ??on here instead.

?

Do you mean this as a mod, cos if so I'll stop, no problem.

12 minutes ago, maxjam said:

Thats the inevitable point of view I'm coming to ?

Throughout this entire debacle I've been reasonably confident we'll get sold, dust ourselves down and begin the long road back. Now I'm not so sure.  It seems like no one is willing to pay what is necessary (more than we're worth) to save the club.  The next best option is to  accept a realistic bid, -15pts, small inexperienced squad and potential slide into League 2.  But even that, as of yet, doesn't seem to be forthcoming.

Hypothetically, If you assume that given the size of Derby (number of fans) it will cause security concerns to allow us to restart much below league 2/Conference at what point does a phoenix club become a better financial decision than the lowball -15pt potential slide into League 2 bid?  

I still hope someone comes in with more money than sense but, its starting to look like the inevitable imho. Surely the EFL will pull the plug in the coming weeks if can't prove funding beyond a month to month basis and start recruiting players?!?

Looks this way now unfortunately. Maybe a deal will be done to start AFC Derby County into League2. Everything practically the same except legally. No debts and acquired on the cheap. 

I imagine there’s a difference between ‘a bid’ where you’ve given your intention to administrators and what you can offer and an ‘official bid’, where you need to put down in writing whos involved, where the money comes from etc etc. That’ll be the difference in Appleby and the admins use of ‘bid’.

Then I dare say ‘you lot’ are looking far too much into it!

14 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Who had told Ed Dawes this? Appleby? The statement from q didn’t seem to suggest that any bids had been received since Ck dropped out. 

Unless Quantuma have stipulated that all bids must remain confidential between them and the bidder (which wouldn't be unusual in any kind of bidding situation), they're free to send a copy of their bid (or at least the key points of it) to the EFL, which would possibly ramp up pressure on Quantuma. The broad principles of Appleby's bid have already apparently been leaked to EMT anyway, so if they've submitted a compliant bid, why not bring in the Regulator?

So it's either (i) no formal bid has been made (ii) Quantuma, and not the bidders, have stipulated that bids must remain confidential or (iii) they don't want the EFL to have the bid details because they don't trust them.

44 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Hmrc are a creditor. Who will get nothing if Derby folds. I think we have had that discussion before. 

HMRC are a creditor who battled to get their status enhanced for exactly this type of situation.

I dont believe they will expect 100% recovery, but do believe they are not going to let Football Clubs have their pants down anymore.