The Administration Thread

Boycie

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Not convinced he's reading that right (i.e. appointing new administrators).  It's an update to the original case, where the original case was intention to appoint administrators.  I don't think it's saying we're appointing administrators now.

All that said though, I did wonder if the EFL sticking their nose in might prompt some kind of action from Quantuma - even if it's just asking a court to clarify the legal position of what the EFL are doing.

2 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

Not convinced he's reading that right (i.e. appointing new administrators).  It's an update to the original case, where the original case was intention to appoint administrators.  I don't think it's saying we're appointing administrators now.

All that said though, I did wonder if the EFL sticking their nose in might prompt some kind of action from Quantuma - even if it's just asking a court to clarify the legal position of what the EFL are doing.

I don't think he is either - Pinsent Masons are the law firm representing the club - originally mentioned as the administrators in the first news stories of Sept 21

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/breaking-derby-county-administration-morris-5935141

Lost the will to read more of this thread for a while and felt much better mentally for the “breather”. Fed up of so many people arguing with each other and others throwing blame at every individual concerned ,at all levels, in this utter shambles of a takeover.Apologies to all if the following questions have been addressed or answered.

With the fixtures due next week we’re told some local “well heeled businessmen “ will provide funds to safeguard us until the takeover happens-does that mean,

1)with funding,the embargo is lifted and we can sign some free agents-surely we need some leeway from the EFL on this ?

2) If yes,who gives approval for the signings/contracts ? 

3) Who agrees to fund/underwrite WRs pre-season plans ?

4) Does the issue of season tickets depend on the new owner being in place ?

5)Any ideas regarding the time taken to finalise the exit from Admin assuming a new owner is found and all   existing issues are resolved ? 

Still feeling positive about the future but ,like all DCFC fans,will feel better when this sorry saga comes to an end.

25 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

There's an Arbitration Appeal hearing listed under that reference, which also has a second reference of CL-2021-000760 against it. The case name is  "A v B" which sounds like it might be an Employment tribunal appeal or suchlike? It also refers to Section 67, and that's an appeal against a decision given without jurisdiction. As to what it actually relates to, I haven't a scooby!

16 minutes ago, nogbad van 50 said:

Lost the will to read more of this thread for a while and felt much better mentally for the “breather”. Fed up of so many people arguing with each other and others throwing blame at every individual concerned ,at all levels, in this utter shambles of a takeover.Apologies to all if the following questions have been addressed or answered.

With the fixtures due next week we’re told some local “well heeled businessmen “ will provide funds to safeguard us until the takeover happens-does that mean,

1)with funding,the embargo is lifted and we can sign some free agents-surely we need some leeway from the EFL on this ?

2) If yes,who gives approval for the signings/contracts ? 

3) Who agrees to fund/underwrite WRs pre-season plans ?

4) Does the issue of season tickets depend on the new owner being in place ?

5)Any ideas regarding the time taken to finalise the exit from Admin assuming a new owner is found and all   existing issues are resolved ? 

Still feeling positive about the future but ,like all DCFC fans,will feel better when this sorry saga comes to an end.

This is a place for people to chat and post opinions. We don't know the answers.

2 hours ago, NottmRAM said:

We would be relegated for sure. We'll have an attendence of around 16,000 and no players of championship quality. Last season was all about sticking it to the EFL but next season on -15 points, it will be down to the new owner. No group of players will put in 100% every week when it's the owners fault and the fans will throw the towel in also.

But the "bring Mike Ashley in" brigade don't see it.

15 points deduction next season will mean League Two the following season.

wtf GIF   come on mate i know as fans we have had a rough time but get a grip

35 minutes ago, Stive Pesley said:

The Mike Ashley brigade remind me of a young Stive - going to a night club hoping to pull

Dancing with a few nice-looking girls, who inevitably lose interest and cop off with someone much more handsome/rich/funny than me

At which point, around 2:30am, I look to see who is left - and it's slim pickings I'm afraid. Just that one girl, who every one knows is bad news, but is guaranteed to give you a knee trembler in the Blacksmith's Yard if you let her know you're up for it.

You wouldn't ever want a serious relationship with her, but hey  - it's now 2:45am. They are kicking out. It's getting desperate

10 minutes later, you're down the alleyway. As you achieve your goal - you look down at her....she looks up at you...

you say, tenderly but with a hint of regret...

"has anyone ever told you that you look a bit like that Mike Ashley, love?"

Mike Ashley is the only candidate in the running who can buy us out of his loose change . Burnley are in trouble because the new owners borrowed the money to buy and now have to pay interest. That’s the parachute money gone. If we give Mike a bit of respect and he can learn to love us?he could let his heart rule his head and blow £100 mill, like he did at Newcastle to get them in the Prem.

37 minutes ago, Stive Pesley said:

The Mike Ashley brigade remind me of a young Stive - going to a night club hoping to pull

Dancing with a few nice-looking girls, who inevitably lose interest and cop off with someone much more handsome/rich/funny than me

At which point, around 2:30am, I look to see who is left - and it's slim pickings I'm afraid. Just that one girl, who every one knows is bad news, but is guaranteed to give you a knee trembler in the Blacksmith's Yard if you let her know you're up for it.

You wouldn't ever want a serious relationship with her, but hey  - it's now 2:45am. They are kicking out. It's getting desperate

10 minutes later, you're down the alleyway. As you achieve your goal - you look down at her....she looks up at you...

you say, tenderly but with a hint of regret...

"has anyone ever told you that you look a bit like that Mike Ashley, love?"

Completely traumatised by that image tbf ?

2 hours ago, NottmRAM said:

We would be relegated for sure. We'll have an attendence of around 16,000 and no players of championship quality. Last season was all about sticking it to the EFL but next season on -15 points, it will be down to the new owner. No group of players will put in 100% every week when it's the owners fault and the fans will throw the towel in also.

But the "bring Mike Ashley in" brigade don't see it.

15 points deduction next season will mean League Two the following season.

I don’t ask for you to speak for me, we didn’t throw in the towel with a 21 point deduction so don’t assume we would with-15.

36 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

There isn’t anytime to do anything but MA etc just pay what’s needed. No negotiations  because by next week our golden share will be gone!

Just now, Gritstone Tup said:

There isn’t anytime to do anything but MA etc just pay what’s needed. No negotiations  because by next week our golden share will be gone!

If we end up in the position where the EFL are ordering Quantuma to do something that they believe (or have had legal advice that) is not in the best interests of the creditors, the sorting that mess out is going to be a bigger delay than anything they do now.  If this is genuinely to do with that (and it's a random guess on my part), then better to get it sorted as soon as possible.

3 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

If we end up in the position where the EFL are ordering Quantuma to do something that they believe (or have had legal advice that) is not in the best interests of the creditors, the sorting that mess out is going to be a bigger delay than anything they do now.  If this is genuinely to do with that (and it's a random guess on my part), then better to get it sorted as soon as possible.

The reason the EFL are seeing the communications is because Q have been bullshitting them for months and they want to no the exact timeline on any takeover.

No getting away from one fact and that is the fixtures are out very soon and that is the ultimate deadline. We won’t be given anymore time after next week!

21 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Mike Ashley is the only candidate in the running who can buy us out of his loose change . Burnley are in trouble because the new owners borrowed the money to buy and now have to pay interest. That’s the parachute money gone. If we give Mike a bit of respect and he can learn to love us?he could let his heart rule his head and blow £100 mill, like he did at Newcastle to get them in the Prem.

I think the club's mortality, at present, is difficult for many to comprehend.

We are flailing around in the Pacific Ocean with sharks everywhere.  We are hundreds of miles from shore.  We need a boat, a dinghy, a high flying jet to call for help and bring someone to us.  If someone comes and offers us a hand up, but we're sleeping with the livestock so be it.   We can start our lives again when we get onto dry land.  

We are beggars and we cannot be choosers.  

Edited by CBX1985

4 minutes ago, Gritstone Tup said:

The reason the EFL are seeing the communications is because Q have been bullshitting them for months and they want to no the exact timeline on any takeover.

No getting away from one fact and that is the fixtures are out very soon and that is the ultimate deadline. We won’t be given anymore time after next week!

The EFL announcement specifically mentioned negotiating directly with bidders over the transfer of the golden share. If they negotiate to transfer it to someone that Quantuma don't agree with, then there will be a serious problem.  Regardless of whether you agree with the job Quantuma have done, they are the ones that are court-appointed to sort it out, not the EFL.

58 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

Or Is it to force mel to cough the funds to get rid of these debts built up and to pay Q as well.