The Administration Thread

Boycie

6 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

The question at this point is, what is the absolute minimum required to play L1 football next season? Is it just football creditors that have to be paid in full, or do other creditors need paying some money too?

This is of interest when exiting administration re HMRC.

According to EFL rules, they must be paid in full. For example, if the club owes another club a transfer fee instalment, that club is a football creditor. And all these preferential creditors must be treated equally: you cannot say to one group I'm going to pay you 50p in the pound but then pay another group in full.22 Sept 2021

Edited by atherstoneram
additional text.

2 hours ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

You weren't alone buddy. Sometimes I guess you just have to ignore the evidence and go with your gut. If it makes you feel better, I thought Morris would be a dream owner, that we'd fly under Cocu, that Rooney would be a disaster and that CK would close the deal today.

I wonder if I swear blind we won't be rescued, we will ?

And for those of us who are old enough I thought recruitment of Jim Smith was a clear sign of our lack of ambition. I also thought Spencer Prior was exactly what we needed and John Robertson would be our saviour. What do we know eh!

Looking back at Dan Roans attempt at an interview with CK last Monday the body language and demeanour just look like somebody who knew he was not going to complete a deal.  He said  “It will all come out soon” when walking away from Roan, was he definitely out then?  Has the last week seen him waiting to get his money to Q to seal the deal or battling with them to to withdraw his bid and claw some cash back?

Where is Gary Cook in all this, surprisingly quiet all the way along.  He owes CK nothing, has seemingly been messed around too, let’s hear what went on.

My thoughts are that CK deals isn’t completely dead he has pulled out due to the length of time it is taking to clear the money. If the money clears and he is good to go and nothing has been agreed with any other party then he may well be back. I suspect the admins have said the deal mus come off unless you have the funds and we are seeking alternatives. I still think CK will be the best bid.

8 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

Was it their choice? Or did they cave to pressure from Stretford and Rooney ? 

Should Stretford and Rooney have a say in who buys DCFC ? Who is their second choice for a new owner? Rooney said 14 months ago “The takeover needs sorting very soon”. Perhaps we will get a statement soon from Wayne, after all he is the manager.

4 hours ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

You weren't alone buddy. Sometimes I guess you just have to ignore the evidence and go with your gut. If it makes you feel better, I thought Morris would be a dream owner, that we'd fly under Cocu, that Rooney would be a disaster and that CK would close the deal today.

I wonder if I swear blind we won't be rescued, we will ?

The “evidence” was mainly Nixon’s bs. Most of the jackanory stories were sourced back to him. I hope we don’t hear from him again.  He clearly fooled a lot of people. Plan B - Run for the hills? Can see why he works for the Sun. 

26 minutes ago, Gritstone Ram said:

My thoughts are that CK deals isn’t completely dead he has pulled out due to the length of time it is taking to clear the money. If the money clears and he is good to go and nothing has been agreed with any other party then he may well be back. I suspect the admins have said the deal mus come off unless you have the funds and we are seeking alternatives. I still think CK will be the best bid.

Look at it from the point of view of an investor in Slyncio

you've invested 10s of millions in a company that aims to get listed on the most highly regulated securities market in the world

your CEO is jetting around the world pursuing his hobbies and runs into problems with anti-money laundering issues. Anti-money laundering !! 

if I was the investor I would confiscate the keys to his plane, and tell him if he doesn’t get back to his desk and stop twattering around he’ll be on the wrong end of a massive legal claim for damaging his investors’ interests 

14 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Should Stretford and Rooney have a say in who buys DCFC ? Who is their second choice for a new owner? Rooney said 14 months ago “The takeover needs sorting very soon”. Perhaps we will get a statement soon from Wayne, after all he is the manager.

If this isn't sorted in the next couple days then I can only imagine the next statement from Wayne will say that unfortunately he's off. 

39 minutes ago, Gritstone Ram said:

361E20C1-DA77-470F-9747-7D75AE9D7C76.png

Remember back in February after MM and sorted out Gibson, Quantuma (I think it was Andrew Hoskins) said they’d have a PB in 7 - 10 days?  That’s the sort of timescale we need now but this time they must deliver on it.  That would mean the PB in place late next week, when the fixtures are out.

To do that they also need to take up the EFL’s offer and I worry that their statements indicate they have a process and they’re going to follow it.  We’ll they should control the process, not let the process control them.  Something they could easily do is tell the EFL today who the potential bidders are.  If the EFL think they’ll need to do more work to pass the OADT then bin them off.  Why waste time with those who are borderline?  Focus on the ones you know will pass any tests.

4 minutes ago, Phuket Ram said:

I called out kirchner weeks ago, and I’m calling this one too. It can only be Morris who paid the wages.

Wages have got to be paid again in 2 weeks. We probably won’t have a Preferred Bidder by then. Is there any compensation coming from Blackpool for Rosenior ? That would help ?