The Administration Thread

Boycie

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

I'm as adamant as you are.

The Club has very few assets, it's nearly worthless.

Not quite. The club has good intangible assets.  It has very poor tangible assets.  

Out intangible assets die on liquidation, which is pretty unique in business - it is the reason you would otherwise FORCE liquidation.  The football league have in a way helped us out by saying we wouldn't get Lg2 if liquidated.

6 minutes ago, inter politics said:

If we get -15 and lose players and staff unnecessarily, we should sue the EFL and Quantuma. They had multiple opportunities to get this deal done by now and they continue to drag this great club through the mud.

On what grounds, we do not have any remit to sue them

1 minute ago, inter politics said:

If we get -15 and lose players and staff unnecessarily, we should sue the EFL and Quantuma. They had multiple opportunities to get this deal done by now and they continue to drag this great club through the mud.

They couldn’t get the deal done if CK wouldn’t comply. Having said that, they have been culpable in not forcing the issue earlier. I know it’s much easier with the benefit of hindsight but there are several posters, who others of us (me included) have called out for being negative, that smelt a rat a while ago. In my naivety, I only really started to have my doubts very recently when all this AML/money sitting with a European Bank nonsense kicked off so I was taken in.

2 minutes ago, CBX1985 said:

Not quite. The club has good intangible assets.  It has very poor tangible assets.  

Out intangible assets die on liquidation, which is pretty unique in business - it is the reason you would otherwise FORCE liquidation.  The football league have in a way helped us out by saying we wouldn't get Lg2 if liquidated.

Difficult to put a price on intangible assets.

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I'm as adamant as you are.

The Club has very few assets, it's nearly worthless.

I agree with that but there is obviously money to be made at the right price. All I care is that the club survives. I hate the fact we are being put through the mill by anyone that sees us as way of earning a quick buck. This whole process has been mentally draining. UTR.

Even if we manage to sort out a new owner now, it's too late for next season. By the time the process is done we will most likely have had to sell off our remaining players for nothing, and won't be able to assemble a squad. So whatever kids are left at the club will be playing.

I can't see any outcome for next season other than straight relegation to league 2

1 minute ago, ripleyram88 said:

Even if we manage to sort out a new owner now, it's too late for next season. By the time the process is done we will most likely have had to sell off our remaining players for nothing, and won't be able to assemble a squad. So whatever kids are left at the club will be playing.

I can't see any outcome for next season other than straight relegation to league 2

If we've got no players its gonna be worse than that, we can't just throw the kids in

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61776756

'Bolton were forced to call off matches at the start of the 2019-20 season amid welfare concerns about large numbers of young players having to play against senior professionals in league matches.'

My depressing guesstimate is that we've got until the fixtures come out to prove we can build a squad and fund it for the season else its, bye bye.

Edited by maxjam

Just now, ripleyram88 said:

Think A and M will realise that and try to move asap with club; separate deal needed for stadium, could take a bit longer.

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

Difficult to put a price on intangible assets.

That doesn't affect the fact they are valuable.  Kelloggs is not valuable for making cereal; it is valuable because it is Kelloggs cereal. 

DCFC have a large fan base.  Founders of FL.  History.  etc.

You can't manufacture that anymore. That is the value.