The Administration Thread

Boycie

31 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

We are not ducked are we

I don't think so, B4. Mike Ashley really wants to buy us and he is a very wealthy guy and a successful business man. Hopefully it will all go through reasonably quickly because he has already owned a football club. He is a safe pair of hands. At least our club has a secure future if he takes over and it looks as if he will.

35 minutes ago, Elwood P Dowd said:

I agree its difficult to understand CK's motivation but he did it and he's the third one in a row to do it to us  

Third in a row? 1 then 2 then 3?

And you don't think there is a major stumbling block we're not being told about? Seemingly nobody can get this deal done. Why is that?

If 3 separate people made me 3 terrible cups of tea in a row, I wouldn't assume they're all terrible at making tea. At some point I'd start to wonder if there's something off with the teabags....

Just now, Caerphilly Ram said:

One thing I don’t get is all the NDA/commercially sensitive nonsense. The state of the club is well documented, the debts are public knowledge, the names being thrown around as interested parties have done little to distance themselves. What secrets are left?! 

possibly what HMRC will settle at.

3 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

Why did Kirchner choose DCFC to buy?.

I still think it has something to do with Rooney and his agent, Rooney may have known him from his time in the US and Rooneys agent convincing him to buy the club and make a name for himself in the UK (in a positive way) with Rooney among others being silent backers. I can't see any other way the club would have come to his attention.

CK just the name above the door and Rooney doing a "Salford" with Derby,hence the offer so we don't start on a points deduction and a level playing field.

This has been a sneaking suspicion of mine for a while. And possibly why the deal has collapsed

1 minute ago, Kuskus said:

Everyone keeps saying Mike Ashley buying us will result in -15 points but surely he would want us to have the best chance possible in getting promotion as he is a very good businessman. 

We can easily survive -15 in L1. Then go the season after. MA would probably be okay with -15 and lose 12 months if it saves him £20m.

EFL Spokesperson: “Following receipt of notification that Mr Kirchner has formally withdrawn from the process to purchase Derby County Football Club, the League reiterates its commitment, made over the weekend, to work proactively alongside the Administrators of the Club to once and for all destroy DCFC for ever and to dance a jig on its grave"