The Administration Thread

Boycie

2 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

This is another part of the story that doesn't quite add up to me.

I'm dipping deep into my memory of dealing with transferring money abroad so, I'm quite prepared to be corrected.

If my memory serves me correctly, if you want to transfer money from your account (with bank A in the USA) to a recipient (who banks with bank B in the UK) an instruction would go directly between the two banks (of course, no hard cash actually changes hands. They just debit and credit the accounts the banks hold with each other [known as nostro and vostro accounts]).

The only time you'd use a third part bank (known as a correspondent bank) is if bank A did not have a direct relationship with bank B. Even then, they'd use a correspondent bank in the UK not elsewhere in Europe. So, the only scenario whereby I can think the funds transfer instruction would be routed via a third party bank elsewhere in Europe is if bank A was so tiny it didn't have relationships with any UK bank (seems very unlikely)

Sorry if that's a bit technical and, as I say, is subject to my dodgy memory and I guess things may have changed since my day. I hope I'm wrong.

2 hours ago, atherstoneram said:

He is playing on the fans nerves by getting the media to do his dirty work for him.

"I have offered x amount but the administrators have declined it,now the club will be liquidated"

Doesn't like being on the losing end of takeover talks me thinks.

He likes to be the one dictating as well

The only upside is he defo won't want a league 1 or champ side, he wants us in the prem and has done it before. But he will try and do it as cheaply as possible 

Just don't like the guy to be honest, but I don't suppose that makes much difference to anything whatsoever, and I'm not going to stop supporting so...

30 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Get the WW2 historical discussion thread going. I've just spaffed about 5 Audible credits on various audio books on the topic ?

I can tell you some War stories, My Mother was Austrian during the time AH just walked in and all through the occupation, The Russian Mongols that came in after AH was no more made the German soldiers look like bouncers at a Children's birthday party. 

12 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Or it comes in tommrow or tonight depand how much Is to clear it would surprise if has golfers friends helping him out.

That wood be a stroke of luck. 

4 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

This is another part of the story that doesn't quite add up to me.

I'm dipping deep into my memory of dealing with transferring money abroad so, I'm quite prepared to be corrected.

If my memory serves me correctly, if you want to transfer money from your account (with bank A in the USA) to a recipient (who banks with bank B in the UK) an instruction would go directly between the two banks (of course, no hard cash actually changes hands. They just debit and credit the accounts the banks hold with each other [known as nostro and vostro accounts]).

The only time you'd use a third part bank (known as a correspondent bank) is if bank A did not have a direct relationship with bank B. Even then, they'd use a correspondent bank in the UK not elsewhere in Europe. So, the only scenario whereby I can think the funds transfer instruction would be routed via a third party bank elsewhere in Europe is if bank A was so tiny it didn't have relationships with any UK bank (seems very unlikely)

Sorry if that's a bit technical and, as I say, is subject to my dodgy memory and I guess things may have changed since my day. I hope I'm wrong.

Maybe that vote we all had a few years back, on the thing we can't mention, has changed things somewhat? I don't see how, personally, but who knows?

2 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

I can tell you some War stories, My Mother was Austrian during the time AH just walked in and all through the occupation, The Russian Mongols that came in after AH was no more made the German soldiers look like bouncers at a Children's birthday party. 

Maybe if you had suffered at the hands of the invading Germans in their I’ll fated invasion of Russia, you may have thought and acted in a similar fashion Alf.

18 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Really, don't you. I've said I want someone to buy the club. I've said I prefer Ashley as we know he has money. You call him a vulture capitalist - I can see you have an agenda.

Again, a simple search would have informed you. 

I called him a Vulture capitalist, because that's what he is. I make no comment on whether or not I think that's a good thing, it's just a fact.

https://www.investopedia.com/terms/v/vulturecapitalist.asp#:~:text=A vulture capitalist is a,capitalists are predatory in nature.

46 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

How can I be fuelling panic when his money still isn't here?! ?

You'd not bother asking where his funding is coming from then? ?

Nobody’s money is here. But you’re suggesting he has questionable integrity whereas it’s possibly more accurate to suggest he’s a bit out of his depth and nothing more. 

40 minutes ago, w8sey said:

.....Given the choice.....at this point I would pick Mike Ashley. Safe pair of hands in comparison with Kirchner. If it does head Mike's way I bet his deal would sail through smoothly. 

Even if it meant no Rooney? No Garry Cook, and no infrastructural investment?