The Administration Thread

Boycie

3 minutes ago, StarterForTen said:

In the sense that the Admins are now engaging with other parties, then yes he has. But if CK shows 'acceptable' evidence of his ability to complete by 5pm today then - subject to EFL approval - the Club is his.

"ability to complete" doesn't help Rooney, players and fans. He might have the "ability to complete" in four weeks time - after all the players have gone. Plus, if he's not paying wages, then -3 points.

Does anyone know how quickly the business plan can get through the EFL if someone else buys the club? I assume that all has to signed off before the EFL accept the bid?

2 minutes ago, Rambam said:

May have been said before, but if it’s this hard to get the deal done, how confident should we be of future funding, signings etc? 

My big concern too, not giving much cause for optimism longer-term.

39 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

This.

I think the EFL are as worried by CKs potential future funding problems as his current funding problems. Their statement seemed to suggest he was gone. But they are well aware that 'football people' with money are waiting to be chosen instead.

image.thumb.png.32e79f536b9febd93a29456ec99a8e4e.png

Anyone got any idea how much of Kirchner's wealth is still tied up in crypto, given how much that market has tanked in the last six months?

I know he said his Preston bid was financed by 'private investors and early investments in crypto'. Assumed he meant he'd cashed in those investments. 

His dealings with Preston generally didn't fill me with confidence, to be honest. 

Edited by vonwright

15 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

*Warning negative post* Do not read on if faint-hearted. 

So is it possible that there’s some sort of stumbling block around not paying your staff yet buying a £20m+ football club or is the same ‘technical hitch’ impacting both payments?

Might also explain why CK’s head has been elsewhere. 

I may be putting 2 and 2 together and ending up with 5 but..... when Steve Morgan was Wolves chairman, his chief executive was Jez Moxey.

Jez Moxey is now part of General Sports Worldwide, along with Andy Appleby & Sam Rush.

Is Morgan the backer behind an Appleby/GSW bid? ?

Is a combination of Morgan + Appleby + Clowes (stadium) a possibilty? ?

3 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

So is it possible that there’s some sort of stumbling block around not paying your staff yet buying a £20m+ football club or is the same ‘technical hitch’ impacting both payments?

Might also explain why CK’s head has been elsewhere. 

Not the first post of the day i wanted to read … tbf u did warn me lol

My optimism level has hit rock bottom today and I refuse to look at the forum again for at least 20 minutes !
Assuming CK funds don’t get approved today by 5pm and his period of exclusivity ends then,like all of us on here,I’ll be wondering where we are with this debacle.

Presumably, it’ll be Monday ( I want to believe today) before any other prospective purchasers get in touch with Quantuma ( or vice versa).If any get chosen then they’d have to 1) Provide evidence of sufficient funds to Q and the EFL ,2)Satisfy the EFL fit and proper owners test, 3) Be able to satisfy the EFL and creditors ( secured or otherwise) with their payment plans 4)Pay off Q and ,in turn,MSD ,via the escrow account ,which should free MM to release the stadium to David Clowes 5) get Q to sign off the  administration exit paperwork 6)Come to an agreement re leasing the stadium with Clowes.7) resolve season ticket renewals 8)approve pre season preparations planned  9) the not so little matter of persuading Rooney and staff to stay.10) Releasing funds to bring in the large number of new players required.Etc Etc……..where’s that bl..dy Gannt chart ?!

All these things would require lots of new contracts being written and I’m really hoping that if CK doesn’t get the takeover done then he and his people have done the major preparatory work in order for a somewhat easier acquisition for someone else.Now what we need is someone willing to spend over £21.4 million to buy us ?

As someone who’s followed DCFC for 58 years I know how bad it got under Maxwell and the club being saved by Stuart Webb.Never thought I’d see a similar scenario unfolding but there you go,it is what it is. One thing’s for sure,It’s never boring being a Derby fan ?

4 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Quantuma need to pull their heads out of their arse. If Ashley has a credible bid and they are simply ignoring it then they are not doing their jobs properly and are letting some agenda drive their decision making as opposed to what is best for the club.

Why are the admin not even entertaining MA .. is his offer that derisory to the creditors? 

- Kirchner's main backer pulled out a week ago, hence why the delays. It won’t happen.
- Once he admits defeat, Rooney will resign.
- Rooney paid the wages last month.
- Other parties interested, but regardless, we will have -15pts next season.

Admins don’t want to talk to Ashley as they know he will screw them on their fees…  

We won’t get liquidated, but it’s going to be a few years of rebuilding. We need to be patient. Least we will still have a club. 

Interesting to see what happens to be honest. Not overly worried about liquidation at this point, but a lot can change - especially if these bidders don't turn out to be credible. 

I guess the underlying issue is what state the club is going to be in AFTER the takeover? I think it will be a long time before we can rightly act as football fans and not charitable donors to a suffering local project. 

11 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

I doubt we'll ever get to hear it, but I'd LOVE to know the reason why Quantuma won't talk to MA.

Well according to The Athletic we are talking to Ashley.

So someone isn't telling the truth.

Absolutely sick of this now. Different media outlets saying different things.