The Administration Thread

Boycie

1 hour ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Good points, Angie. Wouldn’t be at all surprising if the traditional systems were suspicious of crypto.

The issue I’ve always had is that he’d have to have been incredibly, incredibly successful at crypto trading to generate football owner levels of wealth through that alone. To start with, I simply didn’t believe him. Then he won me over, but now the doubts are creeping in again.

I believe Kirchner said he'd converted his crypto into fiat currency at some point last year (height of bull market) so depending on how early he bought his Bitcoin, he could easily have made a profit of many multiples. A lot of early adopters have made fortunes.

As to the storm today, I think @angieramis totally right in suggesting the crypto origin of funds being the hold up. Even if this were a straightforward transfer, American banks can be very difficult to arrange substantial transfers through as they are very apprehensive about being hammered by US authorities for money laundering (see HSBC fines etc). My personal experience at work has seen multiple receipts & payments held up for compliance/money laundering checks & these teams are often very slow to release the funds even when full documentation has been provided. Add to that the checks needed to substantiate Kirchner's crypto profits - a part of the financial world that authorities are still very mistrustful of & I can fully understand why there would be a delay.

What I can't work out is why there is a suggestion now that the bid will collapse. Either the money is coming (albeit slowly) or not at all - you can't assume its not coming if it is merely being held for US financial checks. There must be something else causing a problem - would be very interested to know the source of Dawes' information.

4 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

I am so sorry guys

It is all my fault now sigh

Please please somebody save us

Mate none of this is your fault .

Keep up your morale and let’s all stick together.

We don’t know what’s happening yet for sure 

4 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

I am so sorry guys

It is all my fault now sigh

Please please somebody save us

This is not your fault. With no insult or upset intended, if you didn't exist in this world, the club would be bought and sold regardless. This is binary, 0 or 1, on or off, true or false etc. Unless you're fronting the money for either the club or stadium, you are completely irrelevant.