The Administration Thread

Boycie

37 minutes ago, TheresOnlyWanChope said:

Whatever the cost, the guy won’t be short of money if he’s buying private planes 

Think they're around the $90 mill mark brand new. If he picked up at 2.5 year old one for $22 mill he's done alright there. Either way, your point still stands given the reason he bought it was to use to get to and from the UK. If I were as hard up as CK, I'd slum it in first class like everyone else ?

If CK is awash with funds gained through smart business acumen why buy DCFC?

We see he has sponsored well known sporting events to forward his company but he has said Slyco will not be the shirt sponsor. He says it’s not the right vehicle for his business and he is probably right. So what is DCFC to be used for? What is his motivation?

If it’s purely a vanity project then a couple of years kicking around league one will see that wear thin in short order.

I’ve said before that I don’t see the Kirchner fit and I don’t. But I’ll stand to be corrected. I didn’t think Rooney was the man and after barely avoiding relegation I was convinced of it. Circumstances gave him a second chance and he has acquitted himself fairly well.

I’ll say this though if CK falls through and we end up with Ashley -15 and no Rooney then I won’t lose any sleep over it.

35 minutes ago, Premier ram said:

Alan Rickman Reaction GIF  your negativity is getting tedious

Feel free to use the ignore button then!

11 minutes ago, 24Charlie said:

We see he has sponsored well known sporting events to forward his company but he has said Slyco will not be the shirt sponsor. He says it’s not the right vehicle for his business and he is probably right. So what is DCFC to be used for? What is his motivation?

If it’s purely a vanity project then a couple of years kicking around league one will see that wear thin in short order.

If you're a multimillionaire, what else do you spend your money on?

17 minutes ago, 24Charlie said:

I’ve said before that I don’t see the Kirchner fit and I don’t. But I’ll stand to be corrected. I didn’t think Rooney was the man and after barely avoiding relegation I was convinced of it. Circumstances gave him a second chance and he has acquitted himself fairly well.

I’ll say this though if CK falls through and we end up with Ashley -15 and no Rooney then I won’t lose any sleep over it.

If Mike Ashley buys this club and subjects us to -15 points next season when he could easily afford to avoid it, it would take allot of persuasion to get me to renew my ST. If Kirchner can put a proposal forward to satisfy the EFL, then Ashley certainly can. 

23 minutes ago, 24Charlie said:

Why does anyone buy a football club? Might be vanity project or to get name involved in other sports. Or to eventually make the big money from premier league. Many are not very profitable in the lower leagues. I guess Derby County has potential because of a large fan base though. Ashley and minus 15 would be disastrous in my opinion. Well, mainly minus 15....league 2 would be a real prospect. Can't see that. Would rather not have Ashley if there is a choice and doesn't look like he will be buying DCFC anyway.

6 minutes ago, TheresOnlyWanChope said:

Why does anyone buy a football club? Might be vanity project or to get name involved in other sports. Or to eventually make the big money from premier league. Many are not very profitable in the lower leagues. I guess Derby County has potential because of a large fan base though. Ashley and minus 15 would be disastrous in my opinion. Well, mainly minus 15....league 2 would be a real prospect. Can't see that. Would rather not have Ashley if there is a choice and doesn't look like he will be buying DCFC anyway.

It was certainly a vanity project for our last owner.....

7 minutes ago, RAM1966 said:

It was certainly a vanity project for our last owner.....

Morris gambled and just didn’t run a football club very well apart from the academy investment. He certainly wasn’t a crook like the amigos although the football club has been on the brink of oblivion under his tenure 

54 minutes ago, 24Charlie said:

The only thing you and your little band of negativity posters are likely to lose sleep over is if CK DOES buy the Club.

5 hours ago, RAM1966 said:

A few have said this, but, do we have it confirmed other than by the CK happy clapper club?

As other have said, how come out of these men and women involved nobody spotted the US BH, the UK one is a red herring as the deal still should have completed by Wed 2 days longer tgan the orginal deadline.....

TBH though, I'm more concerned about CKs ability to fund the club longer term, it really doesn't make sense not to buy the ground, its the only real asset.

The price being asked for the ground today is seemingly unrealistic when viewed against the market place and our current position.
Consider …. We want a new car but we live in a dodgy neighbourhood with sparse parking. All being well, with our new job and promised bonuses we’ll buy the new car when we’ve moved and got a drive to park it on. Meanwhile we are putting money for the deposit on our new home. (I.e spending money on new players and contracts ) 
Laying out for the deeds of a stadium when we need the new players and to settle other more pressing needs on the budget makes no sense. No matter how rich or not CK is, you don’t splash the cash, you make it work for you. I suspect CK has made the common sense decision . Lowest price for the club, which for its assets was probably very low indeed .. spread the 35% pay back to creditors over 3 years .. the biggest expense and I suspect a 10 fold difference to the club / name / price, again limiting upfront cash and at the same time no points deduction so maximising our competitive advantage. Then add in income from that asset that you purchased ? Well it’s zero. Then agree a lease deal which adds a little to your running costs yes, but no need to borrow leveraged money to support it. Don’t forget many clubs may “own” their stadia but have often used them a collateral on loans .. do you “own” your house or is it mortgaged ? And if it’s mortgaged what value is it as an asset and what are the repayments ? 

it would not surprise me if DCFC had been bought for 50 quid … But with the agreement to pay 10 million a year for 3 years to creditors. Because that was a better deal for the creditors than liquidation, the club having so few assets as you rightly point out. When you are in admin the only thing that matters is the creditors. They call the shots. 

If CK gets it wrong in 2 years time he can walk away cleanly have spent maybe 20 mil. We’d be in do do again but his loss is limited and he won’t get stuck trying to sell that asset to a very small base of potential customers as we have seen. 

13 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

The only thing you and your little band of negativity posters are likely to lose sleep over is if CK DOES buy the Club.

We’ve been through enough trauma. I have no idea what to expect from CK and neither does anyone else. He’s a complete unknown to football. The game itself is not in his blood. He wasn’t brought up following football, not our kind anyway.

So we have a completely untried, unknown and untested person on the brink of owning our club. This is the first time this has happened to us. So forgive me if I and few other don’t share your clear view that all will be well.

To paraphrase Dylan Thomas.
Do not go happy clapping into that goodnight, Wolfie.

1 hour ago, 24Charlie said:

Why did Ryan Reynolds buy Wrexham?

4 minutes ago, 24Charlie said:

We’ve been through enough trauma. I have no idea what to expect from CK and neither does anyone else. He’s a complete unknown to football. The game itself is not in his blood. He wasn’t brought up following football, not our kind anyway.

So we have a completely untried, unknown and untested person on the brink of owning our club. This is the first time this has happened to us. So forgive me if I and few other don’t share your clear view that all will be well.

I thought he said he was brought up with football (Soccer). 

11 minutes ago, 24Charlie said:

Every owner we have had has been untried unknown and untested in a footballing sense except Maxwell, you could argue. Some have been good some not. Some have been very good 

Ashley, the one possible owner with experience did not want us enough. Move on.