The Administration Thread

Boycie

Probably sorted Monday with transfers to follow.

If you’re a player who struggled through last season with little prospect of taking the chances created, I would say an influx of new blood would be quite exciting.

After a year of battling for survival, suddenly there’s a chance of playing in a team that wins regularly.

I’d say a good few will be looking forward to this season.

14 minutes ago, Woodley Ram said:

I read it. Another way. The process has been slower than expected and although they expected it to be signed before the bank holidays it has now slipped into that period. Either way I expect it to be sorted asap. This isn’t the worry for me, I’m more alarmed by Knights statement as he will not be the only one. The euphoria of the season has gone now and in the clear light of day players might be having second thoughts about signing on for L1

What has he said other than it’s difficult or something along those lines?

9 minutes ago, Eatonram said:

Players will have agents in their ears now with the Transfer Window a week away. 

It's the agents job of course, but a move means another payday for them too. And when it comes down to it, loyalty is well down the list when cash is on the table.

The only people stressing about this are impatient fans, literally everyone involved with the deal and club are perfectly relaxed as has been confirmed from multiple sources. It'll happen just chill. If players can't wait a few days for if we promise to sign them then I don't really want them here anyway.

1 hour ago, Eatonram said:

He’s saying he needs ideally to be playing at a higher level than L1 for his career prospects.   ie Internationally.

He likes it at Derby and has been here along time. 

It’s difficult that’s all .

58 minutes ago, RipleyRich said:

Players will have agents in their ears now with the Transfer Window a week away. 

It's the agents job of course, but a move means another payday for them too. And when it comes down to it, loyalty is well down the list when cash is on the table.

Can’t blame a player for chasing the money (especially the younger ones) they are all only one game away from a career ending injury so they need to maximise their income whilst able to do so …..  Now the amount of money available to them in the game?? …. then that’s a whole different debate …. No arguments from me that it’s obscene!!! 

13 hours ago, europia said:

In the meantime, presumably the club is operating on additional borrowing, which can't be cheap. Not to mention every hour that passes Quantuma are leeching more money from the financial mire. A good reason for getting the takeover completed in a timely manner, one would think.....

Double time on Bank Holidays?

1 hour ago, Woodley Ram said:

I read it. Another way. The process has been slower than expected and although they expected it to be signed before the bank holidays it has now slipped into that period. Either way I expect it to be sorted asap. This isn’t the worry for me, I’m more alarmed by Knights statement as he will not be the only one. The euphoria of the season has gone now and in the clear light of day players might be having second thoughts about signing on for L1

Exactly this, time just slipped by into the bank holidays - no one wanted it to, it just did.

2 hours ago, Unlucky Alf said:

This is what puzzles me, Lawyers/Solicitors will/should be aware that there is no business on Bank Holidays, Still confident a deal is very close, But professional people should know when monies can be switched over to other accounts ?‍♀️ 

When you are dealing with massive things it is easy to not ask the question about very small things. Think money still can be moved in the UK on a bank holiday and they missed that USA is different

39 minutes ago, Loughborough Ram said:

I think that of the players who are contracted, that might bring in some money, Jason Knight is one that positionally we can cover.

I'd prefer him to stay but if selling him allows us to bring in a couple of signings with the money then good luck to him and thanks for his efforts.

DONT GO TO LEEDS THOUGH!!!!!!

I hate Leeds as much as every Derby fan (possibly even more so having left Derby for West Yorkshire in 1987 and having lived amongst Leeds supporters ever since), but if they put in a serious offer, Knight would be mad to turn it down. He's exactly the kind of player the Leeds fans would take to, and it would increase his profile massively. I'd be upset to lose a player like him, but it's happened so many times over the years, and will always happen, to every club.

Plus the transfer money could be put to good use. We desperately need lots of players through the door, and a decent fee should fund a few incoming players.

Time for a new chapter everybody, we've just got to embrace it.