The Administration Thread

Boycie

9 minutes ago, Mihangel said:

Not taking on any debt, full stop. He mentions the trading debts that already and will continue to exist, that's as expected.

I'm certain be will be planning for the club to pay the 35% which makes absolute sense. If he can minimise the money he's putting in he will, or course, do so 

Whether the club pays the 35% or not is pretty irrelevant really... it'll all all come out in the wash in the end as CK will ultimately be funding the clubs cash losses!

4 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Anyone get the feeling that Chris may have cunningly blindsided Mel on this? When they met in person to discuss the stadium Chris came away saying that there was no movement but talks were ongoing. Then we get the Clowes scoop which was rapidly refuted by the family themselves. Has a stalking horse been deployed?

I'm now half expecting CK to confirm that not only does he own the club, but also PP, lock, stock and barrel. Think the lad may have played a blinder here! 

I get the impression CK and Mel have had constructive discussions so it may be less blindsiding than MM accepting a lower price.

Just now, Carnero said:

Whether the club pays the 35% or not is pretty irrelevant really... it'll all all come out in the wash in the end as CK will ultimately be funding the clubs cash losses!

Beat me to it.

That is unless Kirchner plans to run the club at a significant profit over the next three years. The only way to do that in any of those seasons will be to either win back to back promotions (PL money in Y3) or to sell players for a tidy profit.

CK funding the club and paying the creditors it is...

7 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Beat me to it.

That is unless Kirchner plans to run the club at a significant profit over the next three years. The only way to do that in any of those seasons will be to either win back to back promotions (PL money in Y3) or to sell players for a tidy profit.

CK funding the club and paying the creditors it is...

As we only have to pay 10% now and 25% within two years to avoid a  15 points deduction, could the first half of 23/24 season be about whether to take the deduction that season or pay another £6m..ish

2 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

I get the impression CK and Mel have had constructive discussions so it may be less blindsiding than MM accepting a lower price.

Not sure. Read the CK tweets. He's made a point of saying that he's not been directly involved in talks concerning the stadium ownership. The talk of a third party buying PP was pretty widely reported too. Ultyimately I guess it doesn't really matter but if CK / DCFC now own PP again then I'm going to be drunk for a week...

more ? 

42 minutes ago, inter politics said:

If Nixon is right, I'd say that's the best news we've had in a couple of years.

There's no way Kirchner would have funded the payroll if he isn't 100% committed to buying the club.

IMO, the takeover is now sorted. We can all now look forward to actual incoming transfer rumours that actually sometimes happen.

COYR?

43 minutes ago, BucksRam said:

Interesting - could it be that Clowes/the mystery buyer has done it via a Dragon's Den type investment/stake in 9CK Sport Holding?

CK always seemed to suggest he didn't have the extra £20m in liquid assets to buy the stadium as well as the club itself, so it seems odd that he'd suddenly find the cash himself 

Are 9CK Sports Holdings the same company buying the club? We could end up in essentially the same position we were with Mel before where the club and the company that own the stadium are two separate things, albeit run by the same person.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not being churlish here because the survival of the club is our main concern, but until the stadium is owned by the club once again we are never truly safe from this situation happening again.

Edited by JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta

6 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Are 9CK Sports Holdings the same company buying the club? We could end up in essentially the same position we were with Mel before where the club and the company that own the stadium are two separate things, albeit run by the same person.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not being churlish here because the survival of the club is our main concern, but until the stadium is owned by the club once again we are never truly safe from this situation happening again.

CK9 Sports Holdings is the company Kirchner set up to own DCFC...

My brain is all fuzz today, so probably a very stupid question with a very obvious answer...

If it isn't his own money being put into the company being used to buy the stadium, the same company who are the ones buying the club, how does that align with not putting any debt on the club?

If someone else is putting in money to 9CK Sports to help buy the stadium, and the club is also owned by 9CK Sports, does the person putting the money in to help buy the stadium then effectively own a part of the club itself?

I'm not even sure my question makes sense. Can't think straight.

Edited by Coconut's Beard

2 minutes ago, Coconut's Beard said:

My brain is all fuzz today, so probably a very stupid question with a very obvious answer...

If it isn't his own money being put into the company being used to buy the stadium, the same company who are the ones buying the club, how does that align with not putting any debt on the club?

If someone else is putting in money to 9CK Sports to help buy the stadium, and the club is also owned by 9CK Sports, does the person putting the money in to help buy the stadium then effectively own a part of the club itself?

It would depend how the deal was constructed however we already know that it is possible to have the ground separated from the club, in short we don’t know enough to even make a guess at this point

30 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Not sure. Read the CK tweets. He's made a point of saying that he's not been directly involved in talks concerning the stadium ownership. The talk of a third party buying PP was pretty widely reported too. Ultyimately I guess it doesn't really matter but if CK / DCFC now own PP again then I'm going to be drunk for a week...

more ? 

He did tweet that he was working to purchase the stadium privately. If he did actually mean that he was going to buy the stadium he has done that very privately indeed. 

1 hour ago, kevinhectoring said:

So is CK saying : I’m not taking on any debt? Or is he saying: no debt is being put on the club? 

the poster I replied to thought one thing and I thought another. That’s all I was saying

And who’s funding the 35% payment to creditors ? From club cashflows? That sounds like debt on the club to me

Debt yes of course but at this point I think it serves better to see it as a 3 year exceptional operating expense being paid for by the club. It’s the start up costs for what is effectively a new “business”  Short of the most amazing sugar daddy it seems reasonable to me. The only issue being, will it be a drag on our maintaining the business plan that we are obliged to follow ? 

29 minutes ago, Stive Pesley said:

Interesting - could it be that Clowes/the mystery buyer has done it via a Dragon's Den type investment/stake in 9CK Sport Holding?

CK always seemed to suggest he didn't have the extra £20m in liquid assets to buy the stadium as well as the club itself, so it seems odd that he'd suddenly find the cash himself 

I've no idea but I think 9CK was set up by CK to buy/own DCFC - whether that means CK will also own the ground out of this deal, or it'll be separate I guess we'll find out, maybe even today. 

And to cap it all the implementation I've been working my nuts off on for the past 6 months, by an American company, successfully cutover last night, so with one more American to confirm he's cut a deal later today, I'm anticipating a bloody awesome, likely alcohol imbued 4 days ahead in true celebration. 

35 minutes ago, Stive Pesley said:

He suggested he wasn't buying it, not that he did not have the funds. He's proofed liquidity of £60 mill and £100 mill and his offer back in November was for the club AND ground. Folk seem to overlook these facts in favour of an unsubstantiated belief that he is stretched financially. His growing presence in sport sponsorship across golf tournaments, the IndyCar series (part owner / sponsor of a team) and now Derby County suggests an upward trajectory, so I'm intrigued to understand what evidence for his limited financial wherewithal folk can provide. 

There's also this to consider...

https://the72.co.uk/254411/chris-kirchners-90million-spending-spree-revealed-after-watching-derby-county-game/

Still feeling very nervous here, particularly around Quantuma’s continuing involvement. Not helped by watching a documentary about them the other night. The way they tried to control the public water supply in Bolivia was nothing sort of scandalous.

The only crumb of solace I have is that the spectre of their reign will soon be over.

14 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

He did tweet that he was working to purchase the stadium privately. If he did actually mean that he was going to buy the stadium he has done that very privately indeed. 

Can you link it buddy as I don't recall him saying that at all. My recollection was that he said the opposite, though with the deluge of twatter updates it's quite possible I've missed it.