The Administration Thread

Boycie

4 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

I worked with two chaps named Alistair Pratt and Alec Watt many moons ago. They used to do a stock take every Friday night and sign the sheet off (before computers).

My job on Monday morning was to take the stock sheets across to Finance and investigated any discrepancies. The sheets were always neatly signed....

A Watt A Pratt

There was (is ?) an engineering’s company called Dowty Mining in the south west somewhere, made monster hydraulic equipment for the pits .. The chief buyer was Mr Round and the material controller was Mr Large. Reps reports on visits … “ I called to see Large and Round” 

2 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I used to work at a now defunct bank and we had a list of funny names we used to update and send round, and we wonder why it no longer exists.

The only two I really remember was:

Cleveland Beavers, hardly funny 

And

Mustapha Schitt, which was bloody hilarious.

I used to work with a woman called Catherine Kinghorn.  She had a brother but what were the parents thinking when they named him? His name is Ivor

4 minutes ago, Turk Thrust said:

I used to work with a woman called Catherine Kinghorn.  She had a brother but what were the parents thinking when they named him? His name is Ivor

My old school pal was called David Case and has a younger brother Steve, and still swears to this day that his parents were going to call Steve, Justin ...... until they realised!

8 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Can't wait for Championship clubs to start moaning about us being able to activate contract extensions, thus "cheating" them out of free transfers.....?

Not a flaming thing they can do about it.

37 minutes ago, jono said:

There was (is ?) an engineering’s company called Dowty Mining in the south west somewhere, made monster hydraulic equipment for the pits .. The chief buyer was Mr Round and the material controller was Mr Large. Reps reports on visits … “ I called to see Large and Round” 

How about the Solicitors firm in Leamington, Wright Hassall.

3 minutes ago, Crewton said:

I know mate, I was  joking, but I wouldn't be surprised if a few are secretly seething.

I think we should extend every single one of them and we have a good base and rooney just needs to add a few to first team.

1 hour ago, Gaspode said:

There used to be a factory by the A38 near Burton called Spun Concrete - I could never work out what Crete had done to deserve that....

I went there last week, and yes, I did.

3 hours ago, Phoenix said:

How about the Solicitors firm in Leamington, Wright Hassall.

Noooooo ! ? that is epic ! 

early days of China opening to the world .. I was in the fastener industry and saw a catalogue from a Chinese bolt maker 

The offered you a “guaranteed quality screw”  .. every time 

@CBRamette may be able to confirm this but there were tree surgeons in Cambridge called:

Bodgitt & Scarper 

Just googled it: loads of businesses, jokey or otherwise, with that name and even a Corgi Ford Transit

Edited by IslandExile
After Google