The Administration Thread

Boycie

9 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Exactly why I’ve really not been able to let myself get excited by the news. CK will take over funding the club next week, therefore, we will see what that looks like and maybe then I’ll let myself believe the end is in site. 

Unfortunately, it has a sense of inevitability that there will be more twists and turns yet - just how many is the question!  

He wouldn’t have exchanged if stadium was going to be a problem.

He is funding club from next week .

No points deduction next season is massive.

Season ticket will go on sale soon 

8 hours ago, FlyBritishMidland said:

Maybe I should have said most!!  House of Fraser - within 3 years a 30% reduction in the number of stores, including closing Oxford Street.

Indeed but let’s face it House of Fraser was only something as an entity for a short while before MA bought it. It used to be independent stores like Kendal Milne and Co, Jenners, Frazers and a hoste of other names from British cities that had a stand alone posh department stores as modest private businesses, that all had difficulties and were merged under one banner in order to survive. Maybe that 30% reduction was going to happen anyway. House of Frazer just slowed it down. 

30 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Regardless of the outcome of our plight, a huge part of my love of football has died over the last 2 years. Its really highlighted that its just one big dick swinging competition for rich men that don't give a flying duck about the lifeblood of the game.

I'm feeling grateful this morning but will forever be angry at how we have been treated over the last 2 years.

Agree dont watch football now only the rams(season ticket) and England(if not friendlies).

Just now, Curtains said:

He wouldn’t have exchanged if stadium was going to be a problem.

He is funding club from next week .

No points deduction next season is massive.

Season ticket will go on sale soon 

Maybe, but he’s exchanged based on conditions which still means his liability is extremely low - until he starts spending money anyway.

My worry is that he’s been able to exchange contracts, conditionally, if for nothing else but to keep others (Mike Ashley) from the door. 

I hope that’s not the case, but certainly can see a scenario where that is the reality. 

28 minutes ago, Kathcairns said:

I am wanting the fans to give the same support as last season, it was a joy to go to the matches. Don't want the moaners back.

I know what you mean , but we will need every penny we can get in season ticket money , from whoever. I will be happy when I hear our youngsters are signing contracts, and let’s not unleash hell on Mel till the ground ownership is sorted.

29 minutes ago, Kathcairns said:

I am wanting the fans to give the same support as last season, it was a joy to go to the matches. Don't want the moaners back.

I strongly suspect that the backing we supporters have given the club this past season is the (biggest) reason many of us are still here now.

Every Game, every final whistle, and that oh so wonderful march, which will never be forgotten!
It's like there's still some reason... deep in the pit of the stomach...  not to just walk away for now, which I think would have been the easy option for many.  I know I'm not the only one who has been tempted!

?

5 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Maybe, but he’s exchanged based on conditions which still means his liability is extremely low - until he starts spending money anyway.

My worry is that he’s been able to exchange contracts, conditionally, if for nothing else but to keep others (Mike Ashley) from the door. 

I hope that’s not the case, but certainly can see a scenario where that is the reality. 

Big business men don’t do stuff like that hence why it’s taken so long.

CK will be our owner 

PS Mel will have agreed already but needs tidying up that’s all 

Big transactions take time 

Edited by Curtains
Added

Don’t think I’ve seen this posted anywhere on this thread as yet, includes the Quantuma statement. I’m typically an optimistic soul and think this is a huge step in the right direction, nice to have some positivity and a bit of relief after so much bleakness…however we’re not there just yet. “Subject to the stadium sale, EFL approval and receiving secured creditor consent” are 3 treacherous hurdles for us to cross.
I’m putting faith in progress having been made on the stadium being the catalyst for the exchange of contracts, fingers crossed for a short while longer gang! ? 

25 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

I'll take your Championship club and table  Premier League clubs, Southampton and Leicester borrow from MSD I believe monies against the next seasons season ticket sales, Burnley's owner borrowed 2x £65million for the purchase of Burnley, If relegated £65m has to be paid back pronto, Both loans were taken out on Burnley FC, There will be other clubs that go down the route of borrow now and pay later, The £4.5billion that Chelsea are being sold for beggars belief, How in the name of Jehovah did this figure come about.

Football imo is in a saloon where last orders are soon to be called, If the Euro Super League comes to fruition as I believe it aint dead just in a Coma money will flood in that direction and chicken feed will be left on the floor for others to fight over. 

Thought of euro super league do'snt really bother me. Maybe when all the so called rich clubs have gone we maybe be able to get back to grassroots football again.

6 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I'm with Ambitious but also very hopeful. No celebrations till it's done and Mel Morris is past tense where Derby is concerned. 

29 minutes ago, Andicis said:

I agree. The unwavering support this season helped the team hugely and is one of the reasons we had such a good home record. League one is going to be tough and most teams very hostile to us, so it's going to need the same level of support. 

If we show the same level of support, I imagine most opposition will feel intimidated. Going from playing in front of less than 10k mostly quiet fans each week, to a packed 30k screaming their faces off... 

Even PL regulars would struggle playing at Old Trafford in the SAF days due to the pressure of playing I  front of so many fans. This would be no different.

Travelling away, we'll likely be the noisiest away end most of these clubs will have ever had.

Woke up to see the news. Have enjoyed reading the pages of doom leading up to the time the tweet went out knowing that all of the comments were absolutely hilarious and unfounded.

I imagine that there must be decent progress compared to the last couple of weeks on the stadium otherwise CK could’ve exchanged sooner instead of having deadlines extended a couple of times.

Let’s enjoy the good news and be positive for things to come. Get some contracts written up and offered to players. The rebuild starts now.

45 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

Radio Derby are in full on Debbie Downer mode ?‍♂️. Ed Dawes seems convinced the stadium is going to screw everything, and they’re currently talking about if Mike Ashley will come in and save us. Baffling. 

What do they base this on? Has CK blocked Dawes on Twitter? ?

4 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Big business men don’t do stuff like that hence why it’s taken so long.

CK will be our owner 

PS Mel will have agreed already but needs tidying up that’s all 

Big transactions take time 

Creating leverage without increasing liability is exactly what good business men do - and that’s what CK has done here. 

All signs point to this being completed, of course, but I’ll be interested to see what next week looks like when he takes over funding. If there is no movement, at all, then this is effectively an extension to the extension and the ‘conditions’ will keep his nose clean from any potential backlash, unfortunately another pretty significant kick of the can down the road. 

I’m not sure there’s been any breakthrough with Mel Morris selling the ground. I have a feeling we would’ve heard about it from one of the many news sources we typically hear from, especially with something so big and with so many leaks. 

I don’t want to temper expectations, but reading between the lines and there’s still plenty that could go wrong. 

9 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

I know what you mean , but we will need every penny we can get in season ticket money , from whoever. I will be happy when I hear our youngsters are signing contracts, and let’s not unleash hell on Mel till the ground ownership is sorted.

Hear hear. Although, I don’t really see the point of unleashing hell on Mel. Once the ground ownership has been sorted can’t we just forget about him and move on? Continuing to harbour and vent anger our anger against Mel isn’t going to be healthy or helpful. I’d say let’s make this the post Mel era and look forwards not back.