The Administration Thread

Boycie

Nixon has been consistently “positive” about the chances of us being taken over throughout this saga. Even when things looked most bleak he could never see us actually going under. He likely has his feet under the table with the EFL, and gets his information from them somehow. I’d be interested to know his interpretation of “pretty soon” though…

1 minute ago, Coconut's Beard said:

No. But we're not talking about someone putting their life savings on a starter house.

If I had £20m in the bank, saw a property I really wanted up for auction with a guide price of around £200k, if required I would probably pay an extra £20-30k or so to ensure that I won that auction, and someone else didn't get it. 

I could easily afford to take the hit, no point squabbling over the pocket change, it's water off a ducks back.

If you paid 20 or 30 k for something that was not worth it you'd soon be an un-succesful businessman 

55 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Sorry to really hammer this home, but...

Ignore any misgivings for MA as an owner for a moment.

The facts are:

The structure of CK's offer - albeit without the stadium - has been accepted by the admins, and the EFL, and would allow the club to exit administration without incurring the -15(+) points deduction.

With this, you could reasonably say that the CK offer would be the baseline, the cheapest it gets. He's hardly going to pay more than is necessary.

We know that the price for the stadium, unless Mel moves, which seems very unlikely, is £22m.

Given what we know about how MA operates - swoop in at the last possible moment for the cheapest possible price - the thing that puzzles me the most, and thus worries me the most, with MAs 'offer', is he likely to match CK + £22m?

I would say not. So what will budge? 

We come out with paying the creditors the minimum amount, with another -15 next season, and assuming it’s going to take another couple of months to get everything signed, no players.

11 minutes ago, S8TY said:

If you paid 20 or 30 k for something that was not worth it you'd soon be an un-succesful businessman 

Ahhh the old cliche "You don't get rich by throwing money away" style answer. It doesn't wash though.

Once you are already really rather bloody rich you have room for a fair bit more extravagance in your purchases.

That's not being bad at business / bad with money it's allowing yourself to reap the rewards of the money you've earned by having excess room to manoeuvre.

You don't expect someone who lives in a mansion to do all their food shopping at the nearest Lidl because the food is better value, or to be going round driving a 3rd hand 2012 Vauxhall Astra because it's cheaper to buy and run than a sports car. 

We all pay a little extra than we need to for some things that aren't really worth the cost in a practical sense, it's part of enjoying life, it's 'worth it' to us, can't take it with you and all that 

Penny pinching to get rich is not the same as penny pinching when already rich. Ashley could buy us with a click of his fingers and never have to think about that extra 5-10 million ever again.

Edited by Coconut's Beard

14 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

Well one his fights he was in derby and said always liked derby I am sure he said been to derby games.

Uh Oh Reaction GIF by Joseph Royalplease stop 

11 minutes ago, Coconut's Beard said:

No. But we're not talking about someone putting their life savings on a starter house.

If I had £20m in the bank, saw a property I really wanted up for auction with a guide price of around £200k, if required I would probably pay an extra £20-30k or so to ensure that I won that auction, and someone else didn't get it. 

I could easily afford to take the hit, no point squabbling over the pocket change, it's water off a ducks back.

The point I'm trying to make it that a guide price is not the value ...its a guide....usually a starting point which can go up or down at an auction.....as I've said previously our value is ONLY what someone is actually willing to pay and paying 20 or 30 k over the top is just stupidity .....why pay it ? 

5 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Why does anything think Ashley is going to have a different solution on the stadium? The bloke wants to pay even less than Kirchner.

Because maybe CK wants to pay virtually nothing for the stadium - perhaps he was hoping that Morris would gift it to him rather than see the club go under. MA may be offering a wad of money for the groundand not care about meeting the EFL 'minimum amount' to get out of Admin....

24 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

How does £23M equate to a % of what is due to creditors ?

If we're paying 35% over 3 years, then CK will probably pay some percentage himself up front (15%? 20%? who knows?), which will be some or all of that £23m.  Then the rest will be paid over time, through some combination of club funds and CK putting more money in.  So you can't just compare that £23m to the size of the debt and work out a percentage.

13 minutes ago, S8TY said:

The point I'm trying to make it that a guide price is not the value ...its a guide....usually a starting point which can go up or down at an auction.....as I've said previously our value is ONLY what someone is actually willing to pay and paying 20 or 30 k over the top is just stupidity .....why pay it ? 

I'm just pointing out that it's pocket change to him, and we all pay over the odds for things that aren't really worth it if we truly analyse what we're getting. We do it anyway. 

Why pay £3.50 for a pack of Tesco's Finest Chunky Cod Fish fingers when you can get 12 Birds Eye ones for £1? Stupid, stupid, stupid!? The prices are just a guide though, RRP is only a recommended figure, you'd be stupid to pay the RRP for them... but if you can afford it with ease, you do!

You're still talking of the 20-30k in this imagined scenario as if it's a significant amount of money and as if we're talking about your man in the street who's saves up for it. Don't think we're getting anywhere with this anyway, I've made my point you've made yours 

Edited by Coconut's Beard

It should now be obvious that CK has not got the cash to buy the Stadium, my assessment is that he has cobbled together enough money to satisfy the EFL that he can sustain the club for 2 years, but they in their statement stated that the stadium situation need resolution. MM has taken out loans with MSD against the stadium that are securitised with a personal guarantee on all his personal properties, and I have no doubt MM would like to walk away without losing his own home, however CK could have reached an agreement with MM and or MSD to either buy the stadium or take out a new loan to cover the cost of the stadium. My thoughts are that MM and MSD have doubts about his ability to service any loan or lease which would explain the impasse, the rationale that CK won't deal with MM over personal issues is in my opinion fanciful, business does not work like that. Finally regarding Q not entertaining MA's approach it is obvious that if everyone is taking a haircut, then Q must as well, hence their reticence to talk to him, if the Rams go into receivership they would get their  fees paid in full so why would they discount their outstanding amount.