The Administration Thread

Boycie

2 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

Under the EFL deal which commenced in 19/20, Sky Sports broadcast a "minimum of 20 Sky Bet League One and League Two matches." So it's not many but I imagine we will feature in a fair few of those.

we'll see, if it's slim pickings as I expect to be, i'll be cancelling Sky Sports very expensive now.

1 minute ago, DerbyRevolution said:

that's fair enough, i knew it wouldnt be a popular idea for people in those areas, intentions really are only to create a better look and atmosphere, irrelevant in some parts but the north stand really does like quite poor on tv

i dont have my own seat as you put it, its not feasible or practical as i have my kids on alternate weekends. but i do go to every game. with the kids we sit in the east or north stand and alone or with mates i'd go in the south stand.

do you think the match day experience is as good as it can get, nothing you would change if you could?

Yea, but i think it would be better to have some entertaintment half time to keep the kids entertained, more to do outside as well before the match. Kids season ticket seat numbers put in a draw every match to win a ball or shirt, they would love that.

4 minutes ago, DerbyRevolution said:

that's fair enough, i knew it wouldnt be a popular idea for people in those areas, intentions really are only to create a better look and atmosphere, irrelevant in some parts but the north stand really does like quite poor on tv

i dont have my own seat as you put it, its not feasible or practical as i have my kids on alternate weekends. but i do go to every game. with the kids we sit in the east or north stand and alone or with mates i'd go in the south stand.

do you think the match day experience is as good as it can get, nothing you would change if you could?

I know what you're saying. Sunderland for instance, closed (and it looked really empty last time i saw it) their upper tier in division 1 as did leeds in the championship when they weren't up to much. I don't think our attendances will fall off a cliff so much though leaving the potential grouping together effect a bit less useful and I personally prefer patches of seats than big blocks left empty (attendances don't have to drop if you look at wednesday and ipswich. I don't buy sunderland are getting 30,000 on average when their stadium looks at least half empty but I'd say we should be aiming for 20k at home). If we get on a bit of a streak I think they'll likely be a little bit higher depending upon how tickets are priced. 

10 minutes ago, Kathcairns said:

Yea, but i think it would be better to have some entertaintment half time to keep the kids entertained, more to do outside as well before the match. Kids season ticket seat numbers put in a draw every match to win a ball or shirt, they would love that.

Draw could be to meet a player next home game before kick off, soon would be talked about around the schools could attract more kids to the matches plus a parent.

12 minutes ago, DerbyRevolution said:

knock down the south west then and build another matching the north west? that would look much better but reduce capacity slightly

do that and build another tier on the east, that would work

That would be good except for one thing, weve got to be careful moneywise.

3 minutes ago, SirBrian said:

Draw could be to meet a player next home game before kick off, soon would be talked about around the schools could attract more kids to the matches plus a parent.

That would be brill. The kids are the next generation of fans, get them interested when young. Started taking my son when he was 4, he takes his 4 year old son now.

18 minutes ago, Kathcairns said:

That would be brill. The kids are the next generation of fans, get them interested when young. Started taking my son when he was 4, he takes his 4 year old son now.

Schools already get free tickets no nrothing new.

7 minutes ago, Crewton said:

The business plan is what he now has to present to the EFL for their approval. They're not involved in the bidding process, only in the approval process.

And boy oh boy are they going to be looking forward to providing "comments" on his business plan.

"We see you've worked out your expected expenditure in line with league 1 ffp limitations. We're of the view that you should have a business plan based on spending substantially less because of the clubs administration and ffp issues"

Why?

"Like we said, the clubs past conduct"

I was not responsible for that!

"Never the less, this is how the league feel. It's important to set the example that administration is not a good thing"

Did the 12 points not do that?

"We don't think you understand, the sins of the father are indeed Impressed upon the son in the EFL's insolvency policy. And if you don't like it, and stick to it, we will impose sanctions and points deductions" 

This is no way to do business! I'm out!

EFL statement "We will continue to work to find a sustainable long term future for Derby County"

3 hours ago, HorsforthRam said:

Understand what you are saying. I’d like the club to focus on how we can get more of the community to come to the matches, even in League 1. Be that inviting schools, organisations or whatever. Subsidise the next generation that have been weaned  on Sky Premiership football and can’t see past supporting 4/5 clubs 

I assume we'll be on telly less aswell (live games and red button games) so even more important to encourage the fans to come along.

What matches will Rams TV be able to show next year, anybody any idea?

1 hour ago, DerbyRevolution said:

Nothing wrong with ideas and suggestions, the forum is all about discussion.

Even if some people don't agree

As a non season ticket holder I think in theory it works, and maybe with less spread you down on employee costs?

Upsetting a good proportion of your fans (who actually go week in week out) isn't a good idea for a new owner though. So whilst it's a good idea, in reality the noise from upset ST holders would drown that out and negate any positive