The Administration Thread

Boycie

23 minutes ago, rammieib said:

My bigger issue that he will come in here as the saviour, yet doesn't seem to have an issue with us potentially starting on minus 15. This is huge to me.

We don't know the details of the deal yet and what will happen. This is all coming from The Sun. 

7 minutes ago, ilkleyram said:

Why would a private rental agreement be anything to do with the efl? 

It will be between MM/MSD and ThePB/the club. The efl might need to be reassured that we have a ground to play in but that’s different from be able to approve the deal. 

The EFL definitely have a say where the ground is not owned by the club, but the same person owns both club and ground (like us under Morris).  Otherwise, it's basically an FFP dodge to move the stadium out of the club, charge no/minimal rent for it and have the other company pay the running costs etc.  If you read through the report from the hearing about our stadium sale, there's discussion about what the appropriate rent is etc (the amount we were paying was fine IIRC).  

Normally, for a standard commercial rental agreement, the EFL wouldn't need to get involved because market prices would determine a reasonable rent anyway.  What's not clear is what happens in our situation, where the EFL have already signed off on an appropriate rent, but the ground owner no longer owns the club.  Can he change it without EFL sign-off etc?

One concern I have about kirchner is could he do an MM. 

In my opinion, Mm didn't have a footballing brain, he did seem to have the right footballing advisors around him.

Kirchner would need someone very knowledgeable about football to help advise him on footballing decisions at the football club management level.

Then he needs a seriously gifted scouting team, because somehow he's got to rebuild a team that wasn't good enough to compete in the Championship and now its down to circa 4 or 5 players in the summer and most of those you would want to consider whether to move on as they probably weren't the star performers.

There's literally no area of the team that doesn't need a rebuild if the game plan is to escape league one in a season.

Escape league one because there's no decent financial return in League one.

To escape derby have to beat the best teams in League one, a quality team must be built to do that.

You cant build a quality team at Derby with the sorts of players that Derby were forced to sign this season.

If we need 11 new players of quality thats a big challenge to get thar done in the summer.

You can't sign the best free agents as those players don't want a league one team.

If there's a 15 point deduction from the efl, that's a greater need for a quality team.

Edited by Oldben
Added content

5 minutes ago, angieram said:

Article says his bid is for the club only so be interesting to see what that means for Pride Park. It’s a positive step in that at least we finally have a decision from the admins, it could all still change of course but just for today I’m accepting there’s a little more hope ? 

30 minutes ago, Rambalin said:

West Ham pay about £3m a year, Sheff Wed £1.5m Maguire on Radio Derby last night thought around £2m would be about the market price acceptable to the EFL. 

Surely it is nothing to do with the EFL what price is agreed in a commercial transaction between two unconnected parties. The West Ham figure is no way the commercial rental figure. EFL and Maguire's time may be better looking at commerciality of transfer fees paid by connected clubs overseas. Hasnt he done enough harm? He could probably buy us with the money he has made from our misery. He can do one

1 hour ago, RamBeauIV said:

Assuming Q put CK forward as PB to the EFL for tomorrow's board meeting, and Q's plans are approved (bearing in mind the goalposts for the EFL's Fit & Proper Persons test are pretty wide (corner flag to corner flag) having been ratified by the likes of Ridsdale), what do people think about the other leaked elements of CK's bid/demands?

(1) Take -15 now; start with clean slate next season (which breaks EFL rules on at least 3 fronts, i.e. deductions need to be before 4th Thursday in March; additional deductions applied following season if team would be relegated regardless; -15 is only applied at the end of the administration process, i.e. summer). Will CK back down on this demand or walk away again??

(2) Creditors won't be getting their 25% (hence the acceptance of the -15).  Not sure if HMRC is included in this, but if they don't get what they want, then the deal collapses.

(3) The stadium. If CK came back in following the Council's murmurings on buying and then renting out PP, then everyone knows that the Council do not move at speed, especially when it comes to public money. This could take a long time, and another excuse to walk?

Surely if Preston were well down the track with CK taking over, their chairman, a certain Mr Ridsdale, would have expected him to pass the Fit and Proper Person test?

So why should Mr Ridsdale's view be any different now CK is looking like taking over Derby, not Preston?

Or have I answered my own question ?!

I think our quest for a moral and ethical pioneer of impeccable ethics, business sense, wealth and long term vision has to be tempered by the fact that as a business with debts higher than value and liquidation a very real possibility, we might have to settle for whoever stumps up the money.

I don't expect rich people to necessarily be nice people. Even if they've a polished and nice exterior.

If cK saves the club, that's great. I don't have to like him on a personal level or agree with his twitter pooposting to still be happy for DCFC.

The concerns I have are the same I had before, he's young, not exactly sure how he made his wealth or how wealthy he really is,what are his intentions. These are more just unknowns than evidence he'd be bad.

Edited by RadioactiveWaste

3 minutes ago, Oldben said:

In my opinion, Mm didn't have a footballing brain, he did seem to have the right footballing advisors around him.

Kirchner would need someone very knowledgeable about football to help advise him on footballing decisions at the football club management level.

Then he needs a seriously gifted scouting team, because somehow he's got to rebuild a team that wasn't good enough to compete in the Championship and now its down to circa 4 or 5 players in the summer and most of those you would want to consider whether to move on as they probably weren't the star performers.

There's literally no area of the team that doesn't need a rebuild if the game plan is to escape league one in a season.

To escape derby have to beat the best teams in League one, a quality team must be built to do that.

You cant build a quality team at Derby with the sorts of players that Derby were forced to sign this season.

If we need 11 new players of quality thats a big challenge to get thar done in the summer.

You can't sign the best free agents as those players don't want a league one team.

If there's a 15 point deduction from the efl, that's a greater need for a quality team.

Thats probably why its so key for Rooney to stay.

11 minutes ago, NottsRammy said:

Sorry but cant believe some of the crap on here . What do people WANT are we waiting for JESUS to take us over thats never done anything wrong . The amount of people that have done dubious stuff and still in positions of well paid roles is ridiculous you could write a thread 1000 pages long and over on people . 

Yes its not great but hey its over 10 years ago who knows if he still thinks the same things but waiting for Jesus will see Derby in the sunday league . 

What we need now is the -15 applied this season over and done with and do a rotherham next year at least get back up in 2 years and all of this will be forgotten. Whether mr gibson will be happy at -15 applied this season is another matter and yes i stil lthink he will kick up a fuss and other chairman if its not applied next year .Although technically we are not relegated yet so the application of -15 would count to a penalty this season as it certainly takes us down so its worth going after . 

I want Kirchner he is 34 and is obviously an eager beaver . MA wouldnt be bad and a proven track record but even the house of commons took a very very close look at his ethics and it makes me laugh most people would be happy to have him and not kirchner on that basis alone not counting his obvious money pit . 

Get Kirchner in a new broom and a new start nest year L1 is not that bad we have been there before we will get out but whether its at first time of asking is the question . 

I don’t think it’s worth OTTing the response to Kirchner on either side of the debate. There is legitimate questions to ask financially, ethically, what his plans are etc, but they need to be asked at the right time. We are still yet to hear him speak and there’s still a lot of hurdles to get over before we even get to a point that this is going to happen.

From the fan perspective, we are now likely to have a club and hopefully we might keep hold of Rooney. We can’t sweep any reservations under the rug, but there’s just a time and a place for it.

15 minutes ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

Good point. How many £M is the difference?

Arguably if the talent bought only recovered 10 (eg.) of the 15 points you are still better off?

... and that's why Part 2 of the EFL insolvency punishments include the imposed budget restrictions (to stop clubs using money buying overpriced & overpaid players, which might have gone to creditors instead).  The 2-year budget restrictions will be tighter if we go down the -15 route. 

1 minute ago, Oldben said:

A team is more than the sum of its parts right? Say Kirchner does takeover, it’s rumoured Garry Cook will join who has boardroom experience at Man City so brings football know how. He might also convince Rooney to stick with the project. Rooney will be a draw for some players on frees or on loan as we saw this season.

Potentially we then re-sign the majority of players who’s contracts are up, granted Bielik and Knight could be sold for example, but Allsop, Davies, Ravel etc may be willing to stay and give a strong foundation of a team to build upon. 
We might not need “the best” free transfers, more the “right” free transfers. Are there more academy cast offs we can pick up like Ebiowei and Plange? A couple of established, solid league one or even league two pros who could add to the squad if convinced to join. 
It could of course all fall apart, but if a takeover does happen there’s a chance we can put the past behind us, recruit well on a budget as Rooney showed he can do this season, and move forward with some renewed optimism.