The Administration Thread

Boycie

35 minutes ago, BodminRam said:

Did i hear somewhere that the 24th of this month is the cut off date to sign unregistered players??

Friday is the 25th when the announcement reportedly expected.

I think the cut of point is 30th I think mate.

38 minutes ago, Bobby said:

The creditors don’t have to accept why the PB is offering, the only way HMRC will accept 25% is if the other 75% is agreed to be repaid over a few years.

Nope.

The HMRC can do whatever they want. The Government has already said that HMRC will not be the reason that Derby goes into liquidation.

6 hours ago, atherstoneram said:

Because that was against him personally and he preferred for whatever reason for it not  to reach a court room.

MM wrote to Gibbo saying: please sue me in the high court.  And the response from the north east was: don’t be daft our claim is against your club not the owner    
MFC’s claim against DCFC was weak and it’s hard to see what claim they could make against MM himself 

6 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

You don't know what was settled as you put it any more than I or the man down the pub knows. 

And to answer your question it may have been some form of tokenism to show to everyone what a crap job he actually didn't do in getting the club into this position and how wonderful he is by sorting out the nasty Mr Gibson. 

I think we know it’s highly likely MM paid cash and in return  Gibson waived claims against the club. 

The poster I was responding to had claimed MM settled with Gibbo for selfish reasons and not because he has the club’s interests at heart. My guess is MM will go quite some way to ensure the club is not liquidated. When we finally get Q’s comms re PB we’ll know more

14 hours ago, RamBeauIV said:

I would be more worried that if Ashley were named PB, then HMRC know he's got £500M in his back pocket, so might hold out for a higher wedge.

A business is what a business is worth, I wouldn't worry about that, Id be more worried by a buyer with no or limited funds...

5 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

I think we know it’s highly likely MM paid cash and in return  Gibson waived claims against the club. 

The poster I was responding to had claimed MM settled with Gibbo for selfish reasons and not because he has the club’s interests at heart. My guess is MM will go quite some way to ensure the club is not liquidated. When we finally get Q’s comms re PB we’ll know more

What a hero Mel is ?

Edited by S8TY

8 hours ago, Bobby said:

The creditors don’t have to accept why the PB is offering, the only way HMRC will accept 25% is if the other 75% is agreed to be repaid over a few years.

If we had lots of assets that would be true but given most would received next to nothing I’d we liquidate they’ll have to take what they’re offered. HMRC won’t be as much as a pushover but they will have to come to an agreement 

5 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

What I actually said was the MSD loan is more messy to deal with because it is a liability of DCFC. Gibson’s claim was against DCFC and others .. what others do you think it was against? 

I dearly want for DCFC to be able to swerve the MSD loan and leave it with Morris. That might mean liquidation though and a Phoenix club/ company. Do we really want that? Anyway as you say let’s wait and see what this week brings. 

I’ve given Q benefit of the doubt more than most, Mel has left a horrific mess, they are selling a turd quite frankly so don’t know what some people expect regarding bids and progress.

However, they’ve given a deadline directly to Team Derby and the MPs which I dont believe they’ve done previously. It may be a deadline of sorts as their wording probably gives them wriggle room to avoid announcing a preferred bidder this week but not much, selecting a preferred bidder this week would surely mean EFL meeting next week and an announcement unless there is another EFL curveball. 

I think if we don’t make progress on the PB in the next two weeks then while that won’t mean certain liquidation as some will infer, any shred of credibility Q have left will be gone.

9 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I'm being serious actually. The stadium has been professionally valued at £80m. Mel will reportedly let it go for £20m. The club need a minimum of around £30m to pay off debts to avoid minus 15 points next season. If those figures are correct the new buyer is £30m up. 

You make an excellent point and one I have not considered. Although £80m is a little over the top it was valued for that. PP like any other property is only worth what someone is willing to pay irrespective of the valuation. Other clubs supporters are already going on about the 80 v 20m but we do operate in a free market economy. 

so and the end of my waffle yes the new owner will make (on paper) money on the deal.

ps let’s hope the administrators told them that………probably not

5 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

I’ve given Q benefit of the doubt more than most, Mel has left a horrific mess, they are selling a turd quite frankly so don’t know what some people expect regarding bids and progress.

However, they’ve given a deadline directly to Team Derby and the MPs which I dont believe they’ve done previously. It may be a deadline of sorts as their wording probably gives them wriggle room to avoid announcing a preferred bidder this week but not much, selecting a preferred bidder this week would surely mean EFL meeting next week and an announcement unless there is another EFL curveball. 

I think if we don’t make progress on the PB in the next two weeks then while that won’t mean certain liquidation as some will infer, any shred of credibility Q have left will be gone.

I’m going for a Thursday announcement with a PB that we have not heard of before.  

I’m a bit confused so can someone help me out, I saw someone say on the Festy Esbole thread that if a PB gets named this week then they can offer new contracts, surely the club isn’t theirs to do that until they actually become owners? 
what if they can’t get the creditors to accept what they’re offering? They’re hardly likely to pay out for something they might not actually end up owning surely?

Edited by Bobby
Spelling

8 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

Nope.

The HMRC can do whatever they want. The Government has already said that HMRC will not be the reason that Derby goes into liquidation.

You can spin that statement any way you want.

"HMRC will not be the cause of Derbys downfall"

"There are so many other issues that the HMRC debt will not be the single reason that Derby County liquidates"