The Administration Thread

Boycie

Just now, Jimbo Ram said:

But if that is the case, how is it their fault? 

We don't know the reason behind their rejection of the Kirchner and Binnie bids.

We don't know anything to be fair.

So we cannot apportion blame to anyone, including the administrators, and I have not done so.

But taking things at face value, if there are no other bids, surely you do go with the highest of those that are made - even if it's not enough to avoid the 15 point deduction and even if it means we have to continue renting the stadium.

57 minutes ago, Ram a lamb a ding dong said:

Expecting a very poisonous atmosphere today. Hopefully MM gets the full force.

He is the problem. We have been duped.

Are you expecting Mel to be at the game? 

Assuming he’s not then I’d be very surprised and extremely disappointed with those taking part if there is anything like a poisonous atmosphere today.

I believe the overwhelming majority of us are intelligent enough to realise that such a thing would be counterproductive. The worst I can foresee if booing if we lose badly. Even that would be extremely disappointing and unlikely.

Whilst the storm has been swirling over us relentlessly there have been rays of light which have shone through to give us all hope, but it does feel like the darkest clouds are now reforming above our heads. The togetherness and unity has begun to crack, other threads about fans giving up on football, Rooney’s defiant optimism replaced with weary resignation and accusations and recriminations between forum members on here and other places. However…..

It’s always darkest before the dawn 

There’s always hope where it appears there’s none 

Let’s stick together, a sing as one

We’re Derby County, since we was young

COYR

I have a crackpot theory…. A fairly high profile boxing match has been announced, between Derby’s own Zach Parker and American Demetrius Andrade, taking place at Pride Park Stadium. There must be money being generated by the owners of Pride Park for this event, will that person use the money generated to settle the loan and return the stadium to club ownership?

I mean…probably not….but I had a spare few minutes and my imagination ran wild 

1 hour ago, Leeds Ram said:

The problem with that strategy is that this is a football club.... the protests if they do occur will therefore likely be at the football.... I want us to support the players 100% but it's gotten to the point where I wouldn't blame people if they voiced their anger, hurt and sheer frustration at the administrators, Morris and potential buyers who are ducking around atm. 

Outside the ground, before and after the game.

6 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

I have a crackpot theory…. A fairly high profile boxing match has been announced, between Derby’s own Zach Parker and American Demetrius Andrade, taking place at Pride Park Stadium. There must be money being generated by the owners of Pride Park for this event, will that person use the money generated to settle the loan and return the stadium to club ownership?

It will generate lots of money for MM and confirm that the venue can be a money spinner for him with it without DCFC.

Zero money will come to DCFC from this event, 

Everyone should boycott it and make MM suffer losses

10 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

£10 from each ticket goes to Derby County. NOT Mel Morris, to Derby County. 

I wish people would read before jumping in with their accusations. 

Edited by angieram
Add a bit

9 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Further to this point, Frank Warren has shared a nice atmospheric tweet building up the fight, at the end of which is a statement saying £10 from each ticket sold is going back to help the club! 

10 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Put Morris in the ring with one of them and that definitely would generate a huge amount of revenue. 

1 minute ago, StrawHillRam said:

It will generate lots of money for MM and confirm that the venue can be a money spinner for him with it without DCFC.

Zero money will come to DCFC from this event, 

Everyone should boycott it and make MM suffer losses

Wrong, £10 per ticket going back to the club as per Frank Warren the boxing promoter

1 hour ago, jimtastic56 said:

Spot on. Bids worth Billions put together in a couple of weeks. So please stop with the B S that these things take months.

People are willing to buy Chelsea for billions. People do not want to buy Derby for £50m! That’s the problem and that’s why it’s taking so long.

If it was £30m or £40m with the stadium we’d have been bought by now and probably wouldn’t have gone into administration 

3 minutes ago, angieram said:

£10 from each ticket goes to Derby County. NOT Mel Morris, to Derby County. 

I wish people would read before jumping in with their accusations. 

Sorry @angieram, my original post was based purely on an image I saw announcing the fight, once I had further info I was able to see my crackpot theory was in fact a potentially vital money spinning event for the club. Assuming more than the 33k capacity of the ground will be sold due to seating on the pitch as well as the stands.