The Administration Thread

Boycie

1 hour ago, Tyler Durden said:

Sorry but do you actually think the buyers who are circling us at the moment are doing it because they have the clubs interests at heart?

They are doing it as they're sniffing some bargain for themselves that they then could potentially exploit given time but only if the price is low enough for them o be able to do that. 

Difference in Championship to League One is 10-12m in income. Starting on minus 15 in League One pretty much means another year of League One whilst almost guaranteeing any players we have retained on contracts will leave.

I bet it’s not an extra £10m needed to secure a zero point start.

7 minutes ago, Bobby said:

Lawrence is a footballer controlled like all of them by an agent, you couldn’t offer him a contract on what he’s currently earning as you can’t afford it, no way will his agent allow him to take a pay cut of the extremes he would have to to fit into what will be your new wage structure.

Bielik has probably got a relegation release clause in his contract if we go down.

15 minutes ago, GenBr said:

Was it ever confirmed how many bids there were?

"It is still not clear how many bids were lodged, but Sky Sports News understands a number of late enquiries were made by parties other than the three who had already expressed clear interest in a takeover."

Some of these other mystery groups could have bid for all we know, no?

When Kirchner got rejected he was trying to make out he was our only option as well. Seems to be a consistent response when these people dont get their own way.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastles-profits-under-mike-ashley-16168415.amp

This article from 2019 says Newcastle made cumulative profits of £80 million since 2010. That figure probably took a hit with Covid, but i'd expect it didnt wipe all of it away.

I think its telling that the news of the Binnies pulling out has come from the Binnies and not from Quantuma. A bit odd they went straight to the BBC to say they 'lost'... similar to Kirchner and his pram toy throws out episode we saw on Twitter. It could potentially be a negotiating tactic to bring other bids down and closer to what the Binnies want to offer so we'll see if they end up coming back in at a later date, as is possible with Kirchner too.

It seems like a blow to lose a bidder, but I'd be shocked if Quantuma rejected the bid without other credible offers on the table. Agree that we could be looking at other mystery bidders, and its taking time for Quantuma to review their bids as they're brand new hence the delay. 

It does concern me that the bid was rejected with a small amount seemingly set aside for the stadium - sounds like Mel has named his price and its not 0 when it absolutely should be.

4 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

I certainly know what liquidation means and entails. If there is basically nothing to liquidate at the end of the season that equally means there is basically nothing to buy. Unfortunately we don't have a given right to survive and i am not the one bed wetting.The ones seem bed wetting are the ones hoping the creditors will accept what they are offered.

Still waiting for you to show me how liquidation proceeds can be greater than £28m... ?

3 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

So you keep saying and i really hope we won't, are you just trying to convince yourself.

Tell me what assets we have 

Overview

You can choose to liquidate your limited company (also called ‘winding up’ a company).

The company will stop doing business and employing people. The company will not exist once it’s been removed (‘struck off’) from the companies register at Companies House.

When you liquidate a company, its assets are used to pay off its debts. Any money left goes to shareholders. You’ll need a validation order to access your company bank account.

If that money has not been shared between the shareholders by the time the company is removed from the register, it will go to the state.

3 hours ago, Sparkle said:

Interesting times it seems 

the Binnie offer is interesting in regards that they felt it was the highest offer? They had been trying to buy the club back in June and pre administration ( which might have been a good thing) they believe the club has been devalued in the transfer window which I totally agree with as currently you are just buying the contract of a about 5 players who could be sold to raise money.

we seem to be sailing very quickly into being on minus 15 points next season whichever league we are in as why would anyone offer anywhere near £50 million for next to nothing, I assume by renting the stadium we could avoid that aspect possibly but why would a buyer commit that kind of money to receive next to nothing.

I have to hope that Ashley comes in with a decent plan and commits to the project at this point as he seems the only one who could afford it.

It would appear that Mr Morris was, prior to administration, adopting a 'smoke and mirrors' approach in hoping to attract a wealthy buyer with more money than sense. Unfortunately he didn't pull it off; ultimately the Fake Sheikh just wasn't the moneybags Arab able/willing to buy a football club with loose change.

It's not difficult to understand the former owners thinking, after all, some seemingly average players are bought and bought and sold in the PL for more money than it would have taken to buy a great football club like DCFC. To a certain extent that argument still stands, but the only potential buyers still kicking tyres and lifting the bonnet, are those looking for a low risk financial deal, one that is void of any emotion in terms of the decision making process. 

So that's where we are, and it would appear that the potential bidders have probably now factored in L1 and a 15pt deduction.

The one surprise, that there was apparently no forward thinking businessman at the beginning of the admin process, able to see that with a calculated risk (Boro and Wycombe); a bit of investment or even just avoiding the sale of Jagielka and Shinney, the club could survive in the championship and be a whole different package, in terms of investment with short / medium term growth potential. Just my thoughts. 

1 minute ago, Carnero said:

Still waiting for you to show me how liquidation proceeds can be greater than £28m... ?

I am not saying liquidation proceeds could be greater than £28M.

The £28M may not be enough to meet the administrators requirements to sell the club. The administrators have  legal professional rules to adhere to otherwise they would be in open to investigation by their governing body.

It may have been said already, I really can't be arsed to go through numerous posts accusing a bloke with a bit of realism in his thoughts of being a red dog. @RipleyRich

I fail to understand why the Binnies pulling out is good news. They said they've been trying to buy the club since June, yet super Mel felt we were better off in Admin. 

They are bang on with the fact we are devalued with Jan sales.

Why would the admin even be in discussion with them if their bid was so far below the other bids as is alluded to on here.

It seems to me that we are in massive, massive trouble. I hope I'm wrong but it seems to me we are on the verge of liquidation.

I have to admit I'm 12 pints deep and busy listening to The Jam greatest hits.

Just off to Wardour Street....

Edited by 68 Guns
Had to qualify my sobriety.

23 minutes ago, Bobby said:

2 other clubs! Fulham and QPR

Oh yes forgot QPR and I used to live in various bits of LBHF - shameful! obviously have blocked the lovely bus journeys up there to the swimming pool with my son out of my brain!! My husband is so glad we moved before Westfield was built though

Edited by CBRammette

8 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

Bielik has probably got a relegation release clause in his contract if we go down.

Probably.

I bet it was the first thing his agent was onto, once he knew upwardly mobile Premier League seeking Derby County were after his services, given our track record when when he signed of being ultra competitive at the top end of the table.

Especially seeing as he came to us via a loan spell at League One Charlton.

1 minute ago, atherstoneram said:

I am not saying liquidation proceeds could be greater than £28M.

The £28M may not be enough to meet the administrators requirements to sell the club. The administrators have  legal professional rules to adhere to otherwise they would be in open to investigation by their governing body.

The main one of which is to obtain a sum for creditors that is greater than the liquidation value...

1 hour ago, Carnero said:

I really don't know what some of these people think would be liquidated, perhaps they dont actually understand what it means. There's basically nothing to liquidate come the end of the season - only the player registrations of Bielik, Bird, Knight & Sibley (liquidation value £10-15m max).

No way would administrators turn down £28-30m offers without there being better offers already on the table.

A lot of bedwetting going on.

I’m not 100% sure that you’re right on the player registrations bit. I can’t find anything in the rules to back it up at the moment (so I could be mis-remembering), but I’m sure I’ve read somewhere that if a club ceases to be a member of the league (which would happen in the case of liquidation), it loses the right to hold player registrations too. So any players we own revert to being “owned” by the EFL and any sales proceeds go into the EFL Pool Account to help pay any football creditors that we fail to pay.

And if that is the case, it makes the proceeds of a liquidation even smaller.

4 minutes ago, 68 Guns said:

It may have been said already, I really can't be arsed to go through numerous posts accusing a bloke with a bit of realism in his thoughts of being a red dog. @RipleyRich

I fail to understand why the Binnies pulling out is good news. They said they've been trying to buy the club since June, yet super Mel felt we were better off in Admin. 

They are bang on with the fact we are devalued with Jan sales.

Why would the admin even be in discussion with them if their bid was so far below the other bids as is alluded to on here.

It seems to me that we are in massive, massive trouble. I hope I'm wrong but it seems to me we are on the verge of liquidation.

I hope you are wrong also but unfortunately none of us knows a thing really so our worry fills the vacuum with speculation

1 minute ago, duncanjwitham said:

I’m not 100% sure that you’re right on the player registrations bit. I can’t find anything in the rules to back it up at the moment (so I could be mis-remembering), but I’m sure I’ve read somewhere that if a club ceases to be a member of the league (which would happen in the case of liquidation), it loses the right to hold player registrations too. So any players we own revert to being “owned” by the EFL and any sales proceeds go into the EFL Pool Account to help pay any football creditors that we fail to pay.

And if that is the case, it makes the proceeds of a liquidation even smaller.

Cheers, just further makes my point really if correct. No way are the administrators turning down £28m without higher offers on the table.