The Administration Thread

Boycie

35 minutes ago, simmoram1995 said:

So today is essentially D Day, we have to prove we have the funds to see out the season I think a lot of us have been so wrapped up in the talk of the preferred bidder that the main issue is sadly still here if we can’t agree a new owner , we have to prove we have the funds to see out the season!

today could be a day of hope = PB finally announced 

or a day of great deflation we might not have a club- proper nervous today 

Is it actually D day? This feels very low key compared to the January deadline of oblivion

2 hours ago, Miggins said:

You peg washing out the wrong way?! ?

I suggest you read a very good book on the subject and then it will all make sense. It's an old book but very good.

It's called 'The Wind in the Pillows'?

This is not a Pop against Wives, There's good, Bad and indifferent from both Husbands and Wives, My Father was a very quiet man, Always kept himself to himself, Never drank but loved his Park Drive and sweets, Mum on the other hand was the vocal of the 2, A tough old bird from Vienna.

I was married for 45 years, 39 years together, It took me a year to get the hang of what wives do, Cooking, Laundry, Putting the quilt in the quilt cover, I'm a master of that art now, I don't peg washing out, That's what a tumble drier is for.

Do I miss not being Married...not on your life, I've chisled a life out for myself that I wouldn't swap for all the roubles in Russia?, Had 4 Lady friends, All of them lovely Women in their own right, But my life is better served being single, Not even arsed about the mating game, I'd sooner have a cheese sandwich.

Enjoy what you have people, Whether married or single life is for living and enjoying.

As Spok would say...Ay up me duck...live long and prosper ?

Just a little caveat here, I spent Saturday in Belper watching Belper town lose 1-2 to Spalding, Had a few beers in the Devonshire, And a few in the Belper clubhouse, A great afternoon was had, My old buddy who lives in Crich who I was with, Had to bail at 5-30pm as his Wife was picking him up, I stayed and made my way home by train and had a couple more beers...yes life is Good ?

Edited by Unlucky Alf

2 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

This is not a Pop against Wives, There's good, Bad and indifferent from both Husbands and Wives, My Father was a very quiet man, Always kept himself to himself, Never drank but loved his Park Drive and sweets, Mum on the other hand was the vocal of the 2, A tough old bird from Vienna.

I was married for 45 years, 39 years together, It took me a year to get the hang of what wives do, Cooking, Laundry, Putting the quilt in the quilt cover, I'm a master of that art now, I don't peg washing out, That's what a tumble drier is for.

Do I miss not being Married...not on your life, I've chisled a life out for myself that I wouldn't swap for all the roubles in Russia?, Had 4 Lady friends, All of them lovely Women in their own right, But my life is better served being single, Not even arsed about the mating game, I'd sooner have a cheese sandwich.

Enjoy what you have people, Whether married or single life is for living and enjoying.

As Spok would say...Ay up me duck...live long and prosper ?

For me the trick is being lucky enough to be with someone who I have a proper laugh with , I play too much golf but don’t do pubs and boys night out stuff so it kind of balances and the wife gets a bit of peace to get a lie in Saturday and Sunday mornings while I’m on the golf course , back in plenty of time to spend the rest of the day together walking the dogs or whatever ,

if I was ever single again for any unlucky reason I would stay that way though as I’m sure I could never find what I have now or even want to try 

10 minutes ago, Archied said:

For me the trick is being lucky enough to be with someone who I have a proper laugh with , I play too much golf but don’t do pubs and boys night out stuff so it kind of balances and the wife gets a bit of peace to get a lie in Saturday and Sunday mornings while I’m on the golf course , back in plenty of time to spend the rest of the day together walking the dogs or whatever ,

if I was ever single again for any unlucky reason I would stay that way though as I’m sure I could never find what I have now or even want to try 

This. 

27 minutes ago, Archied said:

Love this - my exact feelings too. 

There should be more guys like you in the world ???

12 hours ago, europia said:

I've never really understood the  "and the news is.... there is no news" type of statement. 

In what way is that helpful?  Or did I miss something? 

It could be a response to all the people messaging her asking "what's going on, why haven't you updated us, you've lost interest now haven't you?" etc, etc 

Just now, simmoram1995 said:

I know how much everyone hates the EFL me included but I really hope they turn down any extensions the admin want and demand to see our finances the admin have messed everyone around far too long town to play the cards 

Well the admins have had there "7 to 10 working days" now, im yet to be "suprised at how fast things move from now on".

Today is either PB day or yet another extension.

Even if they say they have their PB identified and things need ironing out before officially announcing, I'd take that.

Doesn't our extension officially run out today, i.e. if no personal buyer is confirmed then we won't have the funds to see out the season? 

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure it was a month and there is nothing to state that we have had another extension on top of that one. Therefore, I declare today to be boom or bust Monday. 

Although, with the way things are in Eastern Europe, I could do without both the boom... and bust.