The Administration Thread

Boycie

4 minutes ago, jono said:

It’s true Bradley cost a lot of money for an average player but that night at Old Trafford he was a man possessed, a beast. 

I remember when he was at Norwich, Not sure who they played i've an incling it could have been Ipswich, Johnson goes on a storming run from midfield and smashes the ball in the net from the 18 yard line, That one goal and his end of season form doubled his price imo ?‍♂️

11 minutes ago, jono said:

It’s true Bradley cost a lot of money for an average player but that night at Old Trafford he was a man possessed, a beast. 

He gets a lot of bad press but on the whole he wasn't the worst signing we've ever made by a long way. Yes he had games were whatever he tried just didn't come off but he never hid in games. He always showed the grit and determination that we need in our current predicament. 

I admire that quality in him to always put his head above the parapet. Quietly did a lot of work for local charity too apparently. Will always be welcome back at Pride Park for me. 

3 hours ago, CBRammette said:

So there were three bids then as some outlets suggested two? 

I think that is open to interpretation. I don't think Appleby revised his original offer but neither did he withdraw it.

11 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

He gets a lot of bad press but on the whole he wasn't the worst signing we've ever made by a long way. Yes he had games were whatever he tried just didn't come off but he never hid in games. He always showed the grit and determination that we need in our current predicament. 

I admire that quality in him to always put his head above the parapet. Quietly did a lot of work for local charity too apparently. Will always be welcome back at Pride Park for me. 

Yeah, it was "the deal" rather than"the player" that was deserving of the criticism.

Making a club record signing "because you heard he could be available" without any further consideration after panicking over 2 injuries to Hughes and Bryson.

I liked Brad, he had some certain qualities that are good in the championship. One of my odd observations was I thought he was a case of reading and understanding that game quite well despite his limited skill (when the championship is full of players with good skills but zero football brain).

1 hour ago, deanoakaram4life said:

It’ll be Monday when they announce the preferred bidder! One thing that has been clear as day is that Quantama love dragging it out!

They have been nothing short of a farce! They could have informed Mel of the complication with Gibson before January, and we may have been able to keep hold of Plange, Jags, and Shinnie.

Actually Q and Mel had to wait until the EFL got of the fence about the spurious Gibson claims. As soon as they did, Mel stepped in.

34 minutes ago, jono said:

My post was very tongue in cheek. He wasn't a world beater, but if he had been signed for a better price (which wasn't his fault) he would have been much better appreciated. Many have said since he left that he is the type of player that we need now.

8 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Yeah, it was "the deal" rather than"the player" that was deserving of the criticism.

Making a club record signing "because you heard he could be available" without any further consideration after panicking over 2 injuries to Hughes and Bryson.

I liked Brad, he had some certain qualities that are good in the championship. One of my odd observations was I thought he was a case of reading and understanding that game quite well despite his limited skill (when the championship is full of players with good skills but zero football brain).

I also think he had an ability to make things happen, a bit of a maverick. I just think the club and most fans had wildly different expectations of the exact player he was. He was immense in our unbeaten run under Mac2 and his return was vital under Lampard, having wrongly been hung out to dry. I would have kept him, if the wages were vastly reduced!

37 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Not to mention a professional psychic and mystic Meg with his apparent “Derby City” slip up merely foreshadowing our woes now ?

11 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Might just be me, but I thought rooneys demeanour has changed significantly in interviews recently, particularly around the admins and takeover prospects.

He was upbeat about new signings coming in, but since he was told that wasn't happening things have changed.

I get impression Rooney is sick to the back teeth of constantly being fed lie after lie.

Perhaps he knows but doesn’t like Mike Ashley?

50 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

I remember when he was at Norwich, Not sure who they played i've an incling it could have been Ipswich, Johnson goes on a storming run from midfield and smashes the ball in the net from the 18 yard line, That one goal and his end of season form doubled his price imo ?‍♂️

He was their skipper and player of the year in a team that waltzed to promotion with Bradders scoring 15 goals in the process. As was the Derby way, he was bought without any grasp as to how he needed to be played and the rest, as they say, is history. Has to be said that there were very few dissenting voices at the time! 

27 minutes ago, BondJovi said:

I also think he had an ability to make things happen, a bit of a maverick. I just think the club and most fans had wildly different expectations of the exact player he was. He was immense in our unbeaten run under Mac2 and his return was vital under Lampard, having wrongly been hung out to dry. I would have kept him, if the wages were vastly reduced!

He did actually sign a new contract, got interviewed about the coming season on Radio Derby, then went on a free to Blackburn the following day.

The wonderful and weird world of Derby County since 2019.